Starcraft: Finally dieing?

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Sword Tip said:
I dun think it's DYING at all. Just the main 3 people who play on these forums don't play no more.
im on everyday till round 5 PM.. then i got things to do

:(

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
coRtALoS, Renzokuken, TrongaMonga...many Starcrafters have fallen. But not I. Suck as I may at the game, I won't go to WoW.
As if you could :rolleyes. You have 56k, right?

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am willing to play anyone at SC, if you are lucky enough to catch me online when anyone wants to play I will be gunhoe.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite Lwek's thread in POrtal Poll, SC wont die...

And this is why I play with Koreans, they all have anti hack programs on :) (well.. thats notreally the reason, only rooms I can see is their rooms nowadays anyways..)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Leviathan said:
As if you could :rolleyes. You have 56k, right?
No, I COULD. But I would only be able to play in the mornings up until the late afternoon, from 6 AM to 5 PM. After that my internet starts disconnectin randomly, and well yeah. I just choose not to spend half my day doing that because I'm more of a night gamer myself. :p

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes....but as it seems, this forum is destined to die a quiet, painless death..

StonerMk2

Reaction score
dude...i stopped playing sc for like 3 years...due to being in italy and over there their inet sucks a$$.......but im in florida now...and i got cable.....so im usually ALWAYS on..may not be playing..b/c im always chatting on yahoo....but ill nvr stop playing SC...i stopped playinf Renegade to play SC

Xecutor

Member!
Reaction score
SC vets are leaving for sure, but a lot of new faces are coming in their stead, so no, SC community is still alive and kickin'

;)

Jamals2fat

Reaction score
Well, I still play SC, and i am a mapmaker,
Maybe if u tell me ur B.Net username i could hook ya up
:yamer

I play on US West

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. Starcraft won't die. It's too popular. Maybe in about 5-10 years. And that's a Maybe. A big maybe.

CMNeir

Member!
Reaction score
SC will be here for as long as we live and if it still works on future computers we will show our kids... Hopefully they will continue the legacy with another SC. And even another one after that to pass on to new generations.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I find it ironic how zealous you guys used to be towards SC, but now it's changed in like a week's time. Amusing.
I was very zealous until the day i actually decided to play the WC3 Campaigns, then i actually realised that WC3 isn't that bad and there's nothing wrong with playing both WC3 and SC. Eventually i just got very very very bored with SC and eventually got WoW, now i just play WoW and the occasional DotA game.

You can't sit there and ONLY play SC and not any other Blizzard game (D2 doesn't count, seriously. It's hacked and gay, hardly a game at all).

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I dont like War3, and I can't afford WoW.

Starcraft is the only Blizzard game I play, though I didn't mind only the campaign of War 3

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
war3 is like a disney cartoon with purple tits.

WoW is a waste of time.

SC is classic.....and more ppl need to play it.....it shall never die....

at least not until sc2 comes out...MAYBE.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
My maybe was bigger, but WC3 is ok WoW is well... I don't know why I play the game and I like SC. The gameplay in starcraft is just a little bit better than WC3 I think. WC3 did have an awesome story line though.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
People were saying SC was dying five years ago, but it's still very much alive. Even if WCG stopped hosting SC, Korea still has Starleague, SKY, OSL, etc. It's difficult to get an 8 player ffa game or a 2v2v2v2, but a simple 2v2 or 1v1 is still very easy, there's plenty of people still playing. The great thing about StarCraft is that you can go to UMS when you're bored with melee, then switch back when you grow bored of UMS. The game remains fun after years of play.

SC may die in 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, we don't know; but I'll be playing for a long time. StarCraft is one of the best games I've ever played.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
munchyman said:
war3 is like a disney cartoon with purple tits.
Ahahah, greatest definition of Bathroom 3 I've ever seen :D

Xecutor

Member!
Reaction score
I've been reading the last two pages and like 2133444687% of it is about complaints about hacks!!

I find that kind of line of thinking really pointless, pardon my saying so...Hackers are there and should be condemned, but not on a public forum where they are out of earshot. Report them formally when you suspect a hack and Blizz will keep an eye for their IP once there are enough complaints about that particular IP address. End of story.

The point is to play the game (no matter who hacks) to have fun. Play the best you can, and if you're playing multiplayer, team up on the hacker and whoop his ass. No amt of hacking can save him from a 3v1 gangbang.
If it is 1v1, well, you just play normally and outwit him. If you lose to a hacker it means you need to improve your game-play. It means that your strats, BOs and macro aren't sufficient.

My 2 cents on the topic:

SC is definitely not dying. At midday on a weekday, the max number of bnet SC players was 98 500 somethings. The claim is baseless.