Starcraft: Finally dieing?

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Well it seems Starcraft is finally losing most of its players. To what? To World of Warcraft. Though there are still many games on B.net it seems you can never get enough people. Even on the forums that accursed World of Warcraft sucks the sould out of members and makes them forget about SC. Well. My computer cant handle WoW. SO I STAND BY SC! FOREVER!

So has WoW gotten you? Do you think SC will still survive? Or is SC doomed, finally dead.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
If WCII still has ppl playing on it, and as long as koreans have no lies or until SCII comes out, SC won't die. It has taken a hit, yes, but soon people realize WOW ****ign sucks. then they go back to SC.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
You better be right, cause all the people in Seattle SUCK AT STARCRAFT! I can beat everyone :/

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
If WCII still has ppl playing on it, and as long as koreans have no lies or until SCII comes out, SC won't die. It has taken a hit, yes, but soon people realize WOW ****ign sucks. then they go back to SC.
you know... if sc2 comes out sometime this decade...
it has a good chance at bieng the most played game on the internet ( a title previously held by counterstrike )

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
RyanXWing said:
You better be right, cause all the people in Seattle SUCK AT STARCRAFT! I can beat everyone :/
Wow, they really suck...

And, no, Koreans still get huge money prizes for playing the game. It won't die so soon.

Zerglite

Reaction score
im actually playing starcraft again

:)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i would do WoW>starcraft if i had the choice. :(

sorry guys, i like fantasy more than science fiction.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Bloodmatter said:
i would do WoW>starcraft if i had the choice. :(

sorry guys, i like fantasy more than science fiction.
you also like metal and actually say its good music...

your opinion is void for lack of taste

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
No one remembers when Master_America played Starcraft...

Then again, the game lost its flavor to me long ago when it seemed that everywhere I turned were cheaters. Even those I trusted most turned out to be cheating, and every time I've tried to play since then, I've encountered the same problem. Starcraft is infested with them. However, I prefer Starcraft over WoW, Warcraft III, and Counter-Strike (maybe not Rome: TW... I've heard that one's good).

Oh, yeah--and every time I sign onto battle.net, no one else's on. There's just no one to play with, and playing with random people through melee games is only so entertaining. And whenever someone is on, all they do is play money maps and UMS.

Well, to be honest... the only reason I'm not playing right this second is because I can't find my BW cd.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Master_America said:
No one remembers when Master_America played Starcraft...

Then again, the game lost its flavor to me long ago when it seemed that everywhere I turned were cheaters. Even those I trusted most turned out to be cheating, and every time I've tried to play since then, I've encountered the same problem. Starcraft is infested with them. However, I prefer Starcraft over WoW, Warcraft III, and Counter-Strike (maybe not Rome: TW... I've heard that one's good).

Oh, yeah--and every time I sign onto battle.net, no one else's on. There's just no one to play with, and playing with random people through melee games is only so entertaining. And whenever someone is on, all they do is play money maps and UMS.

Well, to be honest... the only reason I'm not playing right this second is because I can't find my BW cd.
im Diatenshi

i try to keep my bot on as much as i can

i play useast

the bot is Diatenshi-Bot@azeroth ( i got the bot on my w3 key )

YoDaddy3vL2

Reaction score
I quit SC for nearly 6 years, but the mere concept of the game pulled me back in. It's like a black hole. No one can leave it. They WILL come back... Some day. Especially since warcraft sucks.

However, I do believe SC will come within inches of death when the World Cyber Games stop hosting it. There's less reason for the crazy Koreans to practice 24:7.

By the way, doesn't anyone play on West? I'm Central, so I'm indifferent to the connection speed. But I find more bsers and just plain jerks on the east coast. Every time I try to play on East, I have to deal with stupid crap.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Just ask me and I will probably play. I dont stay on B.Net nuless I am with others. So I wont be on if you dont talk to me.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'm willing to play if you can disregard the lag that follows me around like a parasite. If you get Diatenshi to play, he'll ask me. We can work from there.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
no ask for wings to play no more :( so he plays wc3 nows

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I stopped playing sc after i reformatted. I coudl easily play again. I've been playing wc3 tho.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I still play SC; infact, I've played recently. I also still map make; infact I've map maked recently. It's just that SC is not on the top of my priority list anymore.

I always hate being the 19th poster in a thread.