StarCraft... dead

Xtreme3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.stormedfortress.com
StarCraft is pretty much dead everywhere excluding Korea and portions of Asia.

Play WCIII too long, then play sc, u tell urself, I cant fed up with these peice of sh*t graphix.

SC DIED

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Yep, Starcraft's dead. That's why there's Brood Wars. And when it comes to Brood Wars, 84683... err, 84800... erm.. 84906 users on Battle.net seem to like the game enough to still be active--that's more than one third of the users on battle.net right now. So BW, at least, is still alive--even if it is mostly Koreans. Hey, a friend of mine from Korea that stayed last summer said he had many friends with Starcraft merchandise--now that's dedication.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by Xtreme3
StarCraft is pretty much dead everywhere excluding Korea and portions of Asia.

Play WCIII too long, then play sc, u tell urself, I cant fed up with these peice of sh*t graphix.

SC DIED
Does it matter even if it is DOOM graphics. The gameplay is what you want. And SC/BW gameplay is still very high on my list.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I find your lack of faith disturbing Xtreme3.

Mwahaha, thank you Darth Vader for that modified quote.

The truth is, SC/BW games are still being made by mappers. Whether it be diehard SC fans that refuse to conform to the excessive 3D graphics of WC3, or those that bought it, and came to realize that the value of each unit is far more appreciated in SC/BW, as one hero isn't able to wipe out an entire attacking army.

Unit micromanagement, and maximizing each unit's potential is realized and utilized far more in SC/BW than Warcraft 3. The editors in War3 are insane... I'll give it that much. The unending possibilities make the game have a replay value that's unmatched in some areas... however many of the best map editors still stick to SC/BW, and I don't think I'll ever go back to War3 (despite the fact that I payed $70 for the WarCraft 3 Collector's Edition Box Set).

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
XileZ get the **** out of here, all u can do as I see is to flame ok? thats why the asylum forum is for, stick in there asshole

Xtreme3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.stormedfortress.com
Let me correct myself. 'SC' as in StarCraft Brood War. I've been playing since there was only SC. And seriously, if you only see this as the best game ever because of custom maps, go buy another game because you must be bored as hell. Explore!

Btw... Im looking for a debate not obvious spam of agreement and the exact mere obvious.

RedMage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Off topic, but Xtreme, are you the one from &Z on US west? Your viewpoints are the same, lol. Just wondering. I'm an old &Z'er, but too bad it dead. It died with SC, pretty much. Anyway, i'm kinda contradicting that last statement, but i'll try to work up a debate. Here's my view: As long as starcraft is still on the shelves (i.e. the battlechest) it won't be dead. Like me for example, i see that "Game of the Year" award on the box, and i know it must be good, and looking at the requirements, makes me wanna buy it more. I want war3, but sadly enough, my comp is too Sh**ty to play it, as with most of the new games. In my case, as long as there are piece of Sh*t comps out there, SC still won't die. I don't thing ghost, being for console, will help reduce it either. Now, I don't know what SC on bnet was like when it first came out, because i had heard about the game but never seen it. Just for the records, can anyone tell me how many people were on SC on average during the game's highest hour? Anyway, thats my point of view. Peace.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
My opinion about stracraft being dead is that it never did die. It just slept. I accept that I got bored playing it few months and so are my friends here in the Philippines and we played counterstrike but now we end up still playing starcraft and I also have noticed that many people I don't know is now playing starcraft because I can see it in many cafes that now starcraft is back. And I think it is the best strategy game ever made. Even better than warcraft 3. No game can top starcraft and for me it is still number 1.

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes it gets boreing after a year, which is how long it took for me to get very good at it and then I hardly ever lost. Now I loose constintly because I quit for a year, then I came back. Now there are alot more people, and better people. I still win alot though, and pretty soon it will be boring again. Thats why I have an X-Box and Tom Clancy games. Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon are awesome. I will get more games once SC gets boring again.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Crookedfoot
(Moderators Notes)

In case your looking for the coments made by XiLeZ ,,,,
I split them off, and sent them to the Asylum.

U can delete mine in this thread then, im only telling him to shut up, its useless to the thread... and delete this after also :p

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
Most ppl take about a year or 2 break and then come back i just started playing sc online agian last year but im getting as good as i used to be if not better but sc will never die just grow old and i still have several friends who play sc norm lol there afraid to face me at bw lol

Redcloak

Member!
Reaction score
I'll bite Extreme. If StarCraft's dead, what's taken the place of it.

Or, what game is better than it that's out there that we should be playing. Truly, I'm interested.

If you're going to answer that it's WarCraft 3, that's all you need to say in your post, because I don't converse with idiots.

WarCraft 3 is a pathetic game designed for people who couldn't understand SC/BW, and that's the general consensus from all good players.

Xtreme3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.stormedfortress.com
Oh, that's awesome RedMage. I've been an &Z member from the start. One of the VERY FIRST to know overlapping text, helped expand the idea of disable doodad state, AND ONE OF THE VERY VERY FIRST to learn about D2 colors, it was spammed so much it was killed and people just had bots that would record the characters and now thats all you see in d2 channels.. Yep.. those were the good ol' days. Until C-MEN ruined it, spread the idea and now chobos get their hands on overlapping. And one of my friends overdid it showing off the colors... sigh... secrets cant be held anymore.

ANYWAYS

Try BF1942, CS, UT03, IG, WC3, EE, etc. PLAY SOME DEMOS AND LIVEN UP UR LIVES!

StarCraft dead was my viewpoint. I've created and played all types of UMS maps that there's nothing new. I've played melee so long that its boring. WC3 is better for graphics and its a new thing... instead of the boringness. I've been playing wc3 instead of sc so long that I cant stand to go back.

In other words, I'm not saying it's shitty... I'm saying its dead... the same ol' boring sh*t.

BTW, nice to see an &Z member... only the best (map makers on USWEST, knowledge, and wisdom for the game. the biggest map making clans and map makers are somehow connected thru &Z, clan (U) was a popular one of inviduals branched off &Z, others proffessioned the skillz we had to offer.). Havent seen much of anyone since WC3 came out. It just split up the day wc3 came out, that blows. So many memories... heheh.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, the micro is much more important in WC3, thats the problem. The only thing that matters in WC3 is micro, while in BW u have macro too. U barely have to expand in WC3 and the whole game is based on microing heroes and creeping, which many BW players find boring.

T

Tau[40k]

As much as I hate to say it, My computer is so crappy that the best game ahave that i can actually play is sc.... I have wcIII and my comp wont even take it...