Starcraft....Dead

jmcatch742

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Listen i know hacking can be cool and fun, but one day it will totally destroy sc and brood war. With map hack it takes all the skill and surprise away cause u know excactly whats gonna happen. With name spoof you can be anybody. And with winbot you have no idea who is good or bad anymore. Have you looked at the ladder recently?? it filled with people who hack. its terrible. eventually it will destroy sc.

Post your opinions.

MemZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
wizard-land.2ya.com
jmcatch742 i know what u mean the creators of all the hacks should keep them t them selfs and not releace them to the public
thats the worst thing they could do.
As For The WinBot OTher Wise Known As The GamerBot Iv Found 4 sites now that have it i hate to see that.:(

MemZ

FOD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
clanfodpage.cjb.net
grrrrrrrrrrr damn hackers. i hate them so much, all the hackers should go around with a sign, and that sign will say "hows my newbie skillz call...." lol, oh kay that was kinda lame, but still i can kill thoses newbies that hack, like stacking is easy to kill. they just put all there money into stacking, kill the d and they are dead, and map hackers, we know they are newbies to be using a map hack. but what really pisses me off is that ladder list, i worked my but off to get on it, and now i'v been kicked off to hackers and abuzers, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. if starcraft goes to hell from all these hacker.

well blizzard has just lose a friend.

dave_c

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes, using programs made by hackers is cheating, and takes away a lot of the strategic value of the game, as well as the element of surpise.

hackers just don't make these programs so they can get an upper hand on people; they see it as a challenge.

cheating isn't right, no doubt, but is cheating in starcraft, which is simply a game, a serious felony? it isn't so bad. is cheating actually really hurting people? if it is, then such people need some serious help.

sports are games, too, but cheating in them would hurt people. for instance, a guy who cheats in high football and got a scholarship for his performance could've some legit player miss that kind of opportunity. there are several more examples.

but in battle.net, people shouldn't take it so seriously. you get a loss on your record; big deal. it's not like having a great record on b.net matters much anyways. yeah, they're almost meaningless now with winbots, but they were as meaningless before those programs came out, too.

nevertheless, cheating is still wrong, but they way some people say how they should be punished is just over-the-top and ridiculous.

plus, there's no guarantee that cheating results in a win. legit players should just try to forget about it and see it as a challenge; get better so that you can beat them.

Rikku

Member!
Reaction score
Well, as long as there's UMS, hacks won't help much.

Besides, hacking is fun. I like to hack, not because I'm terrible at StarCraft (I'm actually very good.), but because I am bored of winning the normal way. It's always that way with me - I beat a game, then I go the second time around with cheats.

Also, with BNet, you can love the fact that you're pissing off so many losers who need a life by hacking. XD And hacking is easy, so, really, you can have what you want with no effort, while some loser gets pissed off, or another thinks your god and wants your hack which wasn't hard to make.

SiLeNT(U)

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rikku that post was disgraceful, Just because you beat someone by cheating they become a loser? Why don't you look around and see who looks like a loser... Sorry if that offended you. Hacks don't help anything at all and they're not the ones who need a life...

Rikku

Member!
Reaction score
SiLeNT(U), that post was disgraceful; I never said that my hacking makes them losers. Use the power of you brain, think! That's what's nice about having a way of words... Anyway, if you were able to think, you would know that I was implying that those who cared were losers. It's a game, and I must say, if you seriously cared, you need a life.

Why don't you look around and see who's the assuming loser? Sorry if that offended you. Hacks are for people who know what they're doing and want a challenge.... Wait! Did I say that hacking is a challenge? No I didn't, I was simply using my way with words. Think and you might guess what I would say to make others eat their own words if ever they were to assume I said such a thing.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hacking...Good or Bad? Destructive or Not?

Hacking (just like many things) is in the eye of the beholder. If your the one wielding the power of a hack, i'm quite sure you see it as "Tottaly Awesome" or "Kick ass", but just like duct tape has a dark and a light side, so do hacks, To those unfortunate souls that must go up against the devil's toys (Stack Hack, Map Hack, Spoof hack, winbot..etc), hacking is the most despicible thing that you can do.

I for one am a occasional hacker. I can also see both sides, if played against friends in "Hackless" Matches, and low and behold i march in with about 20 lot sonly to be chopped down by the "Machine Gun" fire of about 50 cannons. I know its annoying and very irritating if not infuriating. I've been there i know. I've even been on the side that stacks those 50 cannons.
;)

Any hack out their right now can be beat. Especially the stacking hack. I remeber the days when a cannon could shoot half way across the map. Now THOSE were impossible hacks to beat. The ones we have now are great but nothing like t he ones of old. **soft snicker**

I would really like to prove my point, If i were to give any noob a hack and then put him against a veteran. The vet would annihalte the other man. Period. Hacking takes skill, especially stacking, you have to have such a BIG mineral base to use it. It takes up so much minerals.

In closing i do not think hacking will destroy starcraft as you call it. It does tho create a certain aspect of challenge and worry to the game, maybe even intrigue."is he hacking? or is it skill?"

I also would like to see you guys be a bit less defensive against one another..we are just one big happy family.:lucifer