StarCraft 2's New Units

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
They must reproduce sexually...I mean there ARE male Protoss and female Protoss, that pretty much solidifies the presence of sexual reproduction. Just think, nobody's ever seen a Protoss's danglies. Raszagal's absence of breasts means nothing, since Protoss have no mouths and feed solely on psionic energy; there'd be no point in child-feeding organs.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are all those names right? (check the video)

Moveable cannons? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30MBljXxg3M) @ :50-1:10

*Nvm- it's been done allready.

But moveable cannons sounds kinda unbalanced to me. Unbalance from hell. Especially when it comes to seige tanks in seige firing. U move them outta the way, tanks move in, reposition the cannons when tanks reseige and rape.

Along with the flying unit that gives off a psi like a pylon mixed with those things... cannons don't cost food so you can have a double mobile army- 1 consisting of ur food costing units a moveable troop of cannons.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Are all those names right? (check the video)

Moveable cannons? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30MBljXxg3M) @ :50-1:10

*Nvm- it's been done allready.

But moveable cannons sounds kinda unbalanced to me. Unbalance from hell. Especially when it comes to seige tanks in seige firing. U move them outta the way, tanks move in, reposition the cannons when tanks reseige and rape.

Along with the flying unit that gives off a psi like a pylon mixed with those things... cannons don't cost food so you can have a double mobile army- 1 consisting of ur food costing units a moveable troop of cannons.
do you really think you will be able to do that fast enough, and there won't be any cooldown timer?

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I think that would be a pretty nice strategy, just keep moving cannons to someone's base.
I did something like that before, just built cannons all the way to someone's base, usually works, not always though.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
*sigh*

Blizz aren't idiots. If there is no cool down, the cannons will be incredibly weak.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the cannons can only move across areas supported by the Psi matrix given off by a pylon or stationary Phase Prism, and while mobile they'll be very easily destroyed. In order to move Cannons across large areas, you'll have to "leapfrog" with Phase Prisms, which would consume time, attention, and leave your stuff open to attack.

Also, I doubt Phase Cannons will be able to "fly" across gorges or down/up cliff faces, nor should they be transportable through "Shuttle" means. If the Arbiter's still in it with his Recall ability, I wouldn't think that would work either. So with that, Phase Cannons would be pretty damn awesome for base defense or encroaching upon another base on your platform, but they would be 100% useless against other platforms. And seeing as how this game is shaping up to be highly multiplatform-based...these cannons while totally sweet may end up being less powerful than you think.

I think either moving them up in the unit tier or increasing the price may serve to balance it a little bit...and remember! We haven't seen what sort of equivalent the Zerg or Terrans may have. They could have something every bit as bad...who knows maybe Lockdown will even work on Phase Cannons now.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BTW, the starcraft 2 has updated their site, but unfortanely, its just the replacement corsair. Though, it does have a really cool ability.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score

Looks cool.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In the video the cannons moved pretty fast but the cooldown more than likely wont be no more than about 3-5 seconds (maybe up to 6) before you could move them again. Fights normally last anywhere from 8-14 seconds so there is plenty of time for cooldown to really not mean anything.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It can only move within range of the pylon. If the Pylon is destroyed all phase cannons teleporting are destroyed. It doesn't move that fast, and it doesn't make sense that they would have so short a cooldown time on movable cooldown times.