Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No Answer

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
BroodWar's secret mission shows that Duran, who was sent by a higher power that anything they ever met, created the hybrids.
Yes, thats true, and I want to use these hybrids damnit!

We should get every Blizzard gamer in the world to bitch and moan to Blizzard to make SC2! :D

Azurio

Member!
Reaction score
Of course they will make a sequel! It won't be Blizzard if they don't make one!

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Azurio said:
Of course they will make a sequel! It won't be Blizzard if they don't make one!
They better! I would hate to see them when they get flooded with people screaming "Make SC2 damn you!" at them in countless emails...

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Its been confirmed that they said they will make a sc sequel and "return to the series" but in the same interview they said that, they also said they have not started on it, and that they havent even begun planning or anything. its just a simple dream kiddies.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
i actually wouldnt be surprised if that after they finish WoW and sc:ghost they turn to sc2, i cant imagine what they would do other than that, i guess diablo 3 but i havent heard anything about blizz's standing on another diablo :-/

Azurio

Member!
Reaction score
Well, let them finish their two long projects first. They will be worth every single minute! Diablo 3 is going to start too, but they only have very minor ideas for now- that's why it isn't posted on Blizzard. A few of the main story characters for the Diablo Universe left the company too, so that will slow it down, but Starcraft II is just a goal for Blizzard. They barely started it at all, unless they are keeping it in Area 51 or something and will only bring it out in this year's E3 or something. Who knows... All we have is hope...

And bombs...

Azurio

Member!
Reaction score
No, I don't act like a Blizzard Employee, I read magazines like PC Gamer and stuff that tell me stuff like that. Blizzard did promise to expand in the Starcraft Universe.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
yes, that they did.. and i hate it when people lie, im just speculating what blizzard will work on next.. i have no idea... isnt it funny how many people tell someone why they are wrong adn how there right, want proof.. look at how many posts this has

Ness the Mess

Reaction score
Allright, I realize I'm a new user, but this thread got me kind of riled up.

Do you people not realize how the industry works? The guy, whether he's real or not, knows his stuff. Yes, Ghost has been announced. No, Starcraft 2 has not been. That's his POINT. He's not claiming that the stuff he just spewed was confirmed. Exactly the opposite. He's trying to overtly claim that he got the info because of his job, and he doesn't want to be FIRED.

Take a step back. Do you guys REALLY think that blizzard would tell you that they were making Starcraft 2 just as they started making it? NO gaming company does that. They wait a year or so, until the game is 1/2 - 3/4 done, so that they can give a definite completion time, screen shots, and build up hype.

Fact: the HUGE diablo 2 1.10 patch is now complete.
Fact: Principle programming for WoW is complete
Fact: Warcraft 3 + FT are complete.

Blizzard now has all of their teams 'free' - what makes you think that they're just sitting around doing nothing? They pay these people for something. All of their other projects are finished. Starcraft 2 has been sitting around on their 'to do' lists for years. Put 2 and 2 together. Of course it's being made. They wouldn't go work on Warcraft 4 - 3 was just completed, and WoW is comming out this month. They wouldn't work on Diablo 3 - they just completely overhauled Diablo 2. That leaves us with two options: they are making a completely new game, or they are continuing on an already existing franchise. Now, it is to the best of my knowledge that Blizzard has 3 main programming teams. THREE. It would make PERFECT sence for them to be working on Starcraft 2 with one of them. For goodness sake.

Use some logic.

Anyway, on the question of Duran's hybrids - yes, those were created by a human. However, in the PROTOSS bonus mission you could unlock, they discovered far more ADVANCED hybrids that were said to have been made by the Xel Naga themselves. Thus the original poster's comment about the human, inferior hybrids, compared to the far superior ones. True, the Xel Naga were 'all but wiped out' - but they obviously had a knack for surviving. If the Xel Naga really ARE a rance in Starcraft 2, I forsee the Xel Naga merely being the people who sit in the buildings. Their workers and army would consist of things from all different species that they had created. These people are EXPERIENCED, and ANCIENT.

Just my 2 cents.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
omg people READ This, you know this already!

Read thru this, I can't believe a lot of you shut this down so fast.

thelostprofit said:
Rumor #1: Starcraft 2 was started the same time as Starcraft: Ghost.

unknown

Rumor #2: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 or 5 playable races.

this shouldn't be debated, this is a know fact. 3 now as it is, and the Hybrids, thats 4

Rumor #3: The 4th Race is a Protoss/Zerg Hybrid known as the Vanix.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will indeed have a 4th race, but it is not the Vanix (Protoss/Zerg Hybrid) the actual species is called the Xel Naga

well no shit!? BUT, it was the Xel's that created these abominations. so the name may be different

Rumor #4: Starcraft 2 will be in 3D like Warcraft 3.

unknown

Rumor #5: There will be no heroes in Starcraft 2.

unknown

Rumor #6: The storyline will be based off of the last Starcraft Series.

really? I thought it was going to be based off the diablo series?

Rumor #7: Starcraft 2 will not be released at the same time as Starcraft: Ghost due to financial reasons.

must I really comment on this one?

A sad Note: This is the unfortunate section of this post. Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost is postponed indefinitely due to the pulling out of Nihilistic from the Ghost Development Team. While this buys Starcraft 2 developers more time, it also makes it a longer wait for the Fans of Starcraft. It is also sad to say several employees have been lost in the recent cut backs, but luckily this did not affect Blizzard or Valve Studios (Developers of Half-Life).

Valve Studios wouldn't.....I mean, VS don't....you know what I mean.

Eclipse_Hope

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
sc put blizz on the map....
and its been wut 8 years since they released sc?

carp i think

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
PC gamers have the most patience I think... 8 years for Half-Life 2... 3 years or so for Doom 3...

I can wait 8 years for SC2, I did wait 8 years for HL2!

And I think if they do make SC2, it will be about as revolutionary as WarCraft 1 was, StarCraft, Half-Life 1 and 2, and hell, even Wolfenstein 3d and Doom 1!

PauseBreak

Reaction score
8 years for half-life 2!
wtf
Seriously, how did it take them THAT long?
What happened, they put it down for 6 years and picked it up again?

Biske

Reaction score
Well, they took so long, and the fact that technology was changing all the time - so they kept redoing things to stay ahead of the game...that and the hacks and leaks.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
as revolutionary as Doom 1? damn.. i hope so.. Doom really did revolutionize the first-person shooter genre.. i remember when it came out, i bought it.. it was like magic, the feeling of intensity and fear, embodied.. until i looked up godmode and simply wasted everything in sight with my BFG.. lol