• Maybe

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No Answer

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
T

thelostprofit

Starcraft 2

I have recently stumbled upon your forum in my surfing of the internet from work. I am currently a low level employee for a small Canadian Game Media Company. The following information free to be posted on any sites you wish. I prefer to be anonymous for several reasons and hope that this does not harm my credibility. I will be posting this information on various sites in hopes of clarifying any false information I can dismiss.

Rumor #1: Starcraft 2 was started the same time as Starcraft: Ghost.

Truth: Starcraft 2 was not actually started until the summer of 2003. Blizzard originally planned on seeing how well the Ghost series would be accepted before they progressed into the new RTS. After several rumors and attempts at forging information to prove this Blizzard producers finally decided to give the public what they wanted and started the SC2 project. The goal was then to release the game in the 2005 holiday season after the release of Starcraft: Ghost.

Rumor #2: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 or 5 playable races.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 playable races, and also incorporate a 5th purchasable race (Like the Pandaren race in WC3:FT) the incorporation of the playable race is not designated yet.

Rumor #3: The 4th Race is a Protoss/Zerg Hybrid known as the Vanix.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will indeed have a 4th race, but it is not the Vanix (Protoss/Zerg Hybrid) the actual species is called the Xel Naga (Name is subject to change as there may be confusion between the Xel Naga and the Naga in WC3L: FT) This species will offer an entirely new way of playing Starcraft and will impress Veterans of the Starcraft series as well as bring enjoyment to people who are new to the series. As for the Protoss/Zerg Hybrid there are two branches of this sort of unit. The first is the mercenary based unit which will be a supposed "Terran Experiment Gone wrong." These units will be offered to the Protoss and even usable in a level in the Terran Campaign. Also it will now be possible for Zerg to infest Protoss' citadels using a specialized unit nick named "The King". This will allow you to produce two different types of infected protoss units; each with specialized abilities.

Rumor #4: Starcraft 2 will be in 3D like Warcraft 3.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will in fact be 3D, but it will be using a new 3D engine that is far from the "Cartoon" style presented in Warcraft 3 and its expansion. The engine will rely upon a darker tone and be focused on sense of realism. This engine will also feature a new dynamic lighting effect to counter the darker based maps
Rumor #5: There will be no heroes in Starcraft 2.

Truth: This is highly disputed and currently undecided at this point and time. Player feed back on this subject is highly mixed in both ways. In a basic wording… players either love it or hate it. It is undeniable that there will be heroes in the game like the previous versions and there will be "can't die" missions, but it is currently undecided on the factor of an XP system. There is also some thoughts on creating a sort of "make your own hero mode", which is purely idea at the moment.

Rumor #6: The storyline will be based off of the last Starcraft Series.

Truth: This is absolutely true, but there are variables, first of all, if everything goes as planned both Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost's storylines will co-inside with each other. It is even planned that you may run into situations were the two storylines meet now and then. As far as any information on the storyline, I am unable to supply any information on its content.

Rumor #7: Starcraft 2 will not be released at the same time as Starcraft: Ghost due to financial reasons.

Truth: This is untrue; it is the plan of Blizzard to release the two titles at least a month apart from each other. Blizzard is focusing the Ghost series to be a console game and focusing the Starcraft 2 series to be PC. Statistics show that 89.7% of all PC gamers own a Console system. It is most likely that both games would be purchased and neither would harm the success of the other, only strengthen each others sales. Blizzard plans on the intense storyline to pull people into wanting to learn more by playing the alternate titles.

A sad Note: This is the unfortunate section of this post. Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost is postponed indefinitely due to the pulling out of Nihilistic from the Ghost Development Team. While this buys Starcraft 2 developers more time, it also makes it a longer wait for the Fans of Starcraft. It is also sad to say several employees have been lost in the recent cut backs, but luckily this did not affect Blizzard or Valve Studios (Developers of Half-Life).

I hope this was helpful in some way. In time new information will be posted.

TLP

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
and where di u get this information?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, you realise there's always the chance that this isn't true at all.

Even though it makes sense, the sales part. I hope this is true, but we have yet to see it.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by thelostprofit
Rumor #2: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 or 5 playable races.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 playable races, and also incorporate a 5th purchasable race (Like the Pandaren race in WC3:FT) the incorporation of the playable race is not designated yet.

Rumor #3: The 4th Race is a Protoss/Zerg Hybrid known as the Vanix.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will indeed have a 4th race, but it is not the Vanix (Protoss/Zerg Hybrid) the actual species is called the Xel Naga (Name is subject to change as there may be confusion between the Xel Naga and the Naga in WC3L: FT) This species will offer an entirely new way of playing Starcraft and will impress Veterans of the Starcraft series as well as bring enjoyment to people who are new to the series. As for the Protoss/Zerg Hybrid there are two branches of this sort of unit. The first is the mercenary based unit which will be a supposed "Terran Experiment Gone wrong." These units will be offered to the Protoss and even usable in a level in the Terran Campaign. Also it will now be possible for Zerg to infest Protoss' citadels using a specialized unit nick named "The King". This will allow you to produce two different types of infected protoss units; each with specialized abilities.
Now, how the hell woulda you know this?

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
I find it hard to believe...how do you know all of that?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
:Looks at posts:
:Looks at some of the stuff he said on there that was wrong (I.E. Pandarians being a "buyable" race in WC3:FT):
:Looks for sources:
:See's none:

This guys full of crap

dP

Member!
Reaction score
this is not true

blizz hasnt announced any sc shit. this thread is bullshit.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well get it right here...hes part of a gaming compony..so he could have access to this information..true or not it seems pretty realistic...i mean pretty hard for someone to make up that shit right....

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
This is about the 5th time someone has try to do that in the SC2 forum. Then they either never post anymore, edit their post, or confess at the end and then never post anymore.
I'm going to see if I can email Blizzard with that post and ask if any of it is true.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This was posted at blizzforums....what the hell?

borednerd

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.gamerzfx.net
If you check up with gamespy, theyve had interviews with blizzard reps. Theyve all said sc ghost was not in development, but is a definite possibility.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
If Blizzard was going to get SC2 out near SCG, we would've heard about it a LONG time ago.

That's bs.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
I don't trust anything until I see the game ON a store's shelf :rollie

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
um ok, oh and by the way they confirmed starcraft ghost A LONG TIME AGO! and besides, this guy is bs, if blizz was gonna realease starcraft 2 they would have enounced it and said something different then we believe we are going to revisit the starcraft 2 universe but we dont know when.. i mean comon, while i do wish it was true they would have had definatly announced it and DEFINATLY would have told game stores so you could pre reserve it (im sure the pre reserved copies of sc would make more money than all the sc ghost sales combined, am i wrong) besides if i were blizz i would announce it early so i didnt get gobled up in halo 2 (which im guessing happens to sc ghost, i mean honestly....) so there for i have concluded that this thread is total bs, ill believe it when blizzard goes ITS ALL A LIE WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON SC 2 SINCE BW CAME OUT, AND ITS READY NOW!!! FREE SC 2 FOR EVERYONE ITS THE BEST GAME ON THE EARTH!!

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
This is full of crap. The xel naga were all but destroyed, hes full of shit and his facts arent even true. Though blizzard has confirmed it WILL return to the starcraft universe with a sequel , they also said it isnt in development or even being considered. Besides, releasing ghost and SC2 at the same time would be suicide.

weeeee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just to add on, nothing's been said about SC2.
The only time I'm believing SC2 is materializing is when blizzard decides to put a SC2 section in their site.
Bah. Just another attention seeker. Next.

Azurio

Member!
Reaction score
Indeed, Starcraft 2 would be on Blizzard but it isn't. They wouldn't keep it secret because they are working on enough projects already. They did say that Starcraft Ghost will have barely any storyline to the Starcraft history, because they would not want to upset the gamers who do not possess a console like PS2, GC, or XBOX. And also, regarding the "low ranked employee", he does not seem to know the history of game, if he thinks the Xel'Naga wouldn't be a race, just because it has the word Naga in it. Naga has many definitions:
1) An Indian goddess type of creature.
2) An axe-like weapon. (You can find one on Diablo 2)
3) A serpent like/humanoid creature.

Each Blizzard game has the word Naga in it!

Also, how would there be a hybrid race between the protoss and the zerg? The Xel'Naga never went that far. They first created the Protoss, and were later banished by their own creations. Soon after, they made the zerg. After that they disappeared. It would seem unlikely that Thelostprofit had any idea what he was talking about. After all he is a low ranked employee in some small company. How would he know?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
BroodWar's secret mission shows that Duran, who was sent by a higher power that anything they ever met, created the hybrids.