StarCraft 2 Release Date...?

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Blizzard was the one making the decisions though.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Well after playing it at PAX I'd say we can look forward to it coming out pretty soon. All the races look pretty close to complete. Zerg had all their buildings and units available I assume they're working on the balancing now. Which as long as they don't discover they need to completely shift the game should mean I release pretty soon.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i was basing judgment on ryanxwing's post. Kind of hard to believe the game needs 8-10 more months of development. I'm betting that they'll give a release date during blizzcon.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Two things. First off You aren't accounting for the fact the game isn't 100% played internally at Blizzard. Then they need to shift to Beta testing, which will need a couple months, maybe more depending. Then they need to release at a proper time. Also single player has to be finished, Cinematics, Voice Acting, Music, which who knows what level of completion that is.

It's also marketing. The game isn't coming out in January, no big game does that right after christmas. Either right before, or at least 3-4 months after, so earliest would be April, but more likely June-july, aka summer, which is what I said.

Just for Example in the last month the Jackal, Nomad and Archon were all redesigned, and the Nomad/Jackal got renamed. Not everything that "seems" complete is going to stay. If it was any other company than it probably would be a couple months but I highly doubt that.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
ifi t is indeed09... i need a new computer if it requires pixel shader 2.0 :(

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
They can take all the time they need. The longer it takes them to polish the game and finish things up, more likely the better the end product.
Time taken and quality aren't always proportional. Just look at spore.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Remember that even if they have yet to redesign some units, make the campaigns and cinematics, the chance to release some sort of beta before the end of this year remains. Because there would be no point in releasing a beta later if they are to release the whole game later. War3 beta didn't have the campaigns included in their mpq, nor did they have any other race apart from human, if im not mistaken.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
plz for th love of god no pixel shader 2 :(