StarCraft 2 Release Date...?

O

ozental

Anyone got any insights on a release date for StarCraft 2? I've heard many people suggest Dec 2008, but I've had good information it will be in Sept 2008.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
November or December it is gonna be not until the end of the year. And they might release just a beta then, not a full anything.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mid 2009 i'm thinking, with a beta being released late 2008 to early 2009.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
HEre is how to tell.

Right now the game is really fluctuating. Zerg hasn't really been nailed down. I'm pushing back my original estimation from mid 2009 to late 2009. At blizzcon, If The Protoss and Terran are the same or close to the WWI build, all they'll likely do is simply finish up on zerg and push out a Beta. So likely the end of the year to finish the zerg. With a Beta early 2009, making gamers to balance test for blizzard, allowing for development on single player and fine tuning

Unfortunately I doubt beta is coming soon. They look pretty far off, so i'm thinking early next year for beta, and that should be pretty long process, so don't expect the game to come to quick.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Beta will probably get released at the next Blizzcon. I don't expect to see an actual release until late 2009. Then again if the minimum requirements are what I've heard then it'd be pretty strange to hold it so late like that. By that point the minimum reqs won't be a problem for anyone at all.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Don't be so negative, you are even more than me xD If they release SC2 in 2009, then we will for sure have a beta for Xmas.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
come on dont say things like that or it may come true. if blizzard knows that people are actually predicting a longer release date then they might actually do that even though they are originally planning it earlier. lets be positive and hope that we get beta this year.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
IF anyone has seen how unfinished the game really is would know we ain't getting a beta at blizzcon. The Zerg are constantly fluctuating, we have barely seen half their units, and know little else.

That or they are really good at deceiving us.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I wonder if I'm going to be into playing the games when they actually come out. A year and a half + is a long time. A reaaally long time.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Stick with War3 Ladder or Dota (pheeeew!)

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
IF anyone has seen how unfinished the game really is would know we ain't getting a beta at blizzcon. The Zerg are constantly fluctuating, we have barely seen half their units, and know little else.

That or they are really good at deceiving us.
maybe not in blizzcon but at least before the year 2009.

i think almost all the zerg units are complete like the two other races, they are now just adding or trying new ones to fit in better and even reconsidering axing old ones as well.

the units/buildings/mechanics are pretty much set as well as the new ones nott yet introduce, i think they are only deciding now which one needs to be officially included.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
maybe not in blizzcon but at least before the year 2009.

i think almost all the zerg units are complete like the two other races, they are now just adding or trying new ones to fit in better and even reconsidering axing old ones as well.

the units/buildings/mechanics are pretty much set as well as the new ones nott yet introduce, i think they are only deciding now which one needs to be officially included.
Naw they have already dropped so many units from Zerg since reveal to WWI '08.

Like I say, Protoss look like they are pretty much done, maybe some model reworks and tweaks. Terrans will probably get a few changes, probably around the BC and Thor which many thing still overlap in roles. Plus who knows about the Maurader or the JAckal currently. Jackal in action recently looks really shitty. Zerg on the other hand seem to play like a schizophrenic. Nothing I read today seems to still be in the game next week. The Queen itself changes so often I'm just avoiding the issue till Blizzcon. The game is pretty far from beta, I believe

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
what gave him the idea that the game is done?

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
In typical blizzard style it will always be longer than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out sometime next year.
Last person I ever expected to see post.

Anyways, as SkuZZy said, given Blizzard's past resumé with releasing games in relation to when they say they will release a game. I'd say we're still in for a bit of a wait.

As long as we don't have a ghost incident...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
ghost wasnt developed by blizzard