Starcraft 2 News!!

Discussion in 'StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty' started by Demon Child, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Demon Child

Demon Child Premium Member

Rapetopia
    Starcraft 2 is perhaps the most anticipated game of all time for the PC. Fans of the original Starcraft have been waiting for a sequel to the best seller for several years and have been denied by Blizzard time and time again over the years. Yet the majority of these fans have remained patient and loyal, faithfully waiting for the day Blizzard will finally announce it, not discouraged from the fact that Blizzard decided to create three consecutive Warcraft products and the slap in the face when the company announced Starcraft: Ghost, a third person shooter available exclusively for consoles and excluded from the PC.

However, we must look at the concept of a Starcraft 2 through rational eyes. Starcraft is the most successful Real Time Strategy game of all time, played professionally on an international level. To create a Starcraft 2 makes complete sense financially, since it will immediately sell several million copies once released, thereby breaking the "fastest selling PC game ever" records set by its predecessors Diablo II and Warcraft III. However, Warcraft III is also a RTS game, and with the recent announcement of its expansion set, The Frozen Throne, it appears unlikely that Blizzard will announce or acknowledge a competing product anytime in the near future.

We must also contemplate on the mere idea of Starcraft 2, the game. The original Starcraft and its expansion, Brood War, set the standard for all RTS games to come. It was perfect in nearly every way in respect to gameplay, including perfect speed, balance, and replayability. Regarding singleplayer, the original storyline was perfectly crafted to complement an already outstanding multiplayer game, earning the game much praise for having one of the best fictional universes ever created. Considering these facts, Starcraft 2 will have immense pressure on it to match, let alone surpass the greatness of its predecessor. The idea of taking on a task of such large magnitude is certainly daunting, and perhaps this is why none of Blizzard's teams have stepped up to the challenge.

2. Wing Zero

Wing Zero lol just as planned

Philly
    so you are saying that sc2 is real n confermed??

3. Master.America

Master.America Premium Member

San Jose, CA
    It's more like he's saying not to bother worrying about another Starcraft. I read that same thing somewhere else, I believe.

4. Wing Zero

Philly
    o ok i get it now btw Master America the thingy on the bottem made me think now

5. Ghost_Thrasher

Ghost_Thrasher Member!

Virginia
    Blizzard hasn't confirmed anything about Sc2 Everything u hear is rumers

6. AznXblazZ

AznXblazZ Member!

Canada
    Where did the rumor of Sc2 came from anywayz ?? if there's no such thing, why would ppl make up rumors like that ?

7. GotCraftian

GotCraftian Member!

the rumor os SC2 came from a lot of things... theres more than 2 warcrafts, theres 2 diablo's (dont yell about expansions please :foff)
    and it would be real lame if there was only 1 starcraft (dont yell about ghost:foff) and i belive it will come out...

note: the rumor of diablo 3 came from warcraft3

8. Kos Mos

Kos Mos Member!

california
    when doe's StarCraft 2 come out?when it comes out i be the first one to buy it and play it online

9. iamshort

iamshort Member!

I have a friend who claims he has a demo of Starcraft 2.

10. Wing Zero

Philly
    Lies iamshort lies

Kos Mos better wake up where they give it out At first

11. SCfan13

SCfan13 Member!

I agree with wing-zero Blizzard hasnt even started sc2 how do you have a demo!

12. LastLiving

LastLiving Guest

hey yall just so you know i reasently heard that there is a 4th rasie in starcraft 2 reamber those people from the pretoss campaign in brood war the x'la naga. ya well seems there coming off of there retirment and herer to stop kerigen. sounds logical, and the source is good too.
    enjoy

13. Guest

Guest Premium Member

New york
    Dont bump threads, 'tis is a oldie :p.

14. Sil3nce

Sil3nce New Member

Melbourne Australia
    i dont think starcraft 2 will be created.. everything is rumors.. as much as i would like to think they are true the reality is that there not.. wat u think blizzard would do if 1000 ppl sent them emails about the progress of sc2?? just a thought.. lol but i dought it would work... :(

15. Pains Requiem

Pains Requiem BattleForums Senior Member

north carolina
    i read the first post deeply-sc was PERFECTLY balanced unlike wc3-blizz kept having to put new patches out to change them. if there is a starcraft2, put in the designs i saw in the SC beta pics-air units actually had to do u-turns to turn around and explosions looked like something from starwars. also the goliaths-u could actually see shadow ON the metal. blizz lowered the quality of the graphics a bit i guess to prevent lag. if there is a new sc keep the same units and dont change their ststas, but just ADD new units and terrain and missions like in BW. up the quality of the graphics a little but dont go WC3 on us! 90 supplu/food/psi max in sc would be a real drag......

16. Ued_colonial

Ued_colonial Member!

korhal

this was posted 2 YEARS AGO!!!!!!

Sc legacy.com

17. Wing Zero

Philly
    Ah Wings noobie days :) but there isnt many threads so it isnt a bump i dont think

18. Sogeking

Sogeking Shithead

this is from the sc ghost faq

"Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
    A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future. "

SC has sold over 7 million copies world wide

19. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    How can you say that it's the most anticipated game of all time when we don't even know if it's coming out. Pft, Renzo > SC Legacy.

20. God Illuvatar

God Illuvatar Member!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    That isnt news. THats just sme filler crap on scindex.com. Go find it. Its there. I read that months ago.