Starcraft 2 News!!

Demon Child

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Zerogamers.com
Starcraft 2 is perhaps the most anticipated game of all time for the PC. Fans of the original Starcraft have been waiting for a sequel to the best seller for several years and have been denied by Blizzard time and time again over the years. Yet the majority of these fans have remained patient and loyal, faithfully waiting for the day Blizzard will finally announce it, not discouraged from the fact that Blizzard decided to create three consecutive Warcraft products and the slap in the face when the company announced Starcraft: Ghost, a third person shooter available exclusively for consoles and excluded from the PC.

However, we must look at the concept of a Starcraft 2 through rational eyes. Starcraft is the most successful Real Time Strategy game of all time, played professionally on an international level. To create a Starcraft 2 makes complete sense financially, since it will immediately sell several million copies once released, thereby breaking the "fastest selling PC game ever" records set by its predecessors Diablo II and Warcraft III. However, Warcraft III is also a RTS game, and with the recent announcement of its expansion set, The Frozen Throne, it appears unlikely that Blizzard will announce or acknowledge a competing product anytime in the near future.

We must also contemplate on the mere idea of Starcraft 2, the game. The original Starcraft and its expansion, Brood War, set the standard for all RTS games to come. It was perfect in nearly every way in respect to gameplay, including perfect speed, balance, and replayability. Regarding singleplayer, the original storyline was perfectly crafted to complement an already outstanding multiplayer game, earning the game much praise for having one of the best fictional universes ever created. Considering these facts, Starcraft 2 will have immense pressure on it to match, let alone surpass the greatness of its predecessor. The idea of taking on a task of such large magnitude is certainly daunting, and perhaps this is why none of Blizzard's teams have stepped up to the challenge.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
so you are saying that sc2 is real n confermed??

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
o ok i get it now btw Master America the thingy on the bottem made me think now

AznXblazZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Where did the rumor of Sc2 came from anywayz ?? if there's no such thing, why would ppl make up rumors like that ?

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by AznXblazZ
Where did the rumor of Sc2 came from anywayz ?? if there's no such thing, why would ppl make up rumors like that ?

the rumor os SC2 came from a lot of things... theres more than 2 warcrafts, theres 2 diablo's (dont yell about expansions please :foff)
and it would be real lame if there was only 1 starcraft (dont yell about ghost:foff) and i belive it will come out...

note: the rumor of diablo 3 came from warcraft3

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Lies iamshort lies

Kos Mos better wake up where they give it out At first

L

LastLiving

hey yall just so you know i reasently heard that there is a 4th rasie in starcraft 2 reamber those people from the pretoss campaign in brood war the x'la naga. ya well seems there coming off of there retirment and herer to stop kerigen. sounds logical, and the source is good too.
enjoy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Dont bump threads, 'tis is a oldie :p.

Sil3nce

Reaction score
i dont think starcraft 2 will be created.. everything is rumors.. as much as i would like to think they are true the reality is that there not.. wat u think blizzard would do if 1000 ppl sent them emails about the progress of sc2?? just a thought.. lol but i dought it would work... :(

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i read the first post deeply-sc was PERFECTLY balanced unlike wc3-blizz kept having to put new patches out to change them. if there is a starcraft2, put in the designs i saw in the SC beta pics-air units actually had to do u-turns to turn around and explosions looked like something from starwars. also the goliaths-u could actually see shadow ON the metal. blizz lowered the quality of the graphics a bit i guess to prevent lag. if there is a new sc keep the same units and dont change their ststas, but just ADD new units and terrain and missions like in BW. up the quality of the graphics a little but dont go WC3 on us! 90 supplu/food/psi max in sc would be a real drag......

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kael'thas
Starcraft 2 is perhaps the most anticipated game of all time for the PC. Fans of the original Starcraft have been waiting for a sequel to the best seller for several years and have been denied by Blizzard time and time again over the years. Yet the majority of these fans have remained patient and loyal, faithfully waiting for the day Blizzard will finally announce it, not discouraged from the fact that Blizzard decided to create three consecutive Warcraft products and the slap in the face when the company announced Starcraft: Ghost, a third person shooter available exclusively for consoles and excluded from the PC.

However, we must look at the concept of a Starcraft 2 through rational eyes. Starcraft is the most successful Real Time Strategy game of all time, played professionally on an international level. To create a Starcraft 2 makes complete sense financially, since it will immediately sell several million copies once released, thereby breaking the "fastest selling PC game ever" records set by its predecessors Diablo II and Warcraft III. However, Warcraft III is also a RTS game, and with the recent announcement of its expansion set, The Frozen Throne, it appears unlikely that Blizzard will announce or acknowledge a competing product anytime in the near future.

We must also contemplate on the mere idea of Starcraft 2, the game. The original Starcraft and its expansion, Brood War, set the standard for all RTS games to come. It was perfect in nearly every way in respect to gameplay, including perfect speed, balance, and replayability. Regarding singleplayer, the original storyline was perfectly crafted to complement an already outstanding multiplayer game, earning the game much praise for having one of the best fictional universes ever created. Considering these facts, Starcraft 2 will have immense pressure on it to match, let alone surpass the greatness of its predecessor. The idea of taking on a task of such large magnitude is certainly daunting, and perhaps this is why none of Blizzard's teams have stepped up to the challenge.

this was posted 2 YEARS AGO!!!!!!

Sc legacy.com

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Ah Wings noobie days :) but there isnt many threads so it isnt a bump i dont think

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
this is from the sc ghost faq

"Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future. "

SC has sold over 7 million copies world wide

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
How can you say that it's the most anticipated game of all time when we don't even know if it's coming out. Pft, Renzo > SC Legacy.