Starcraft 2 beta looming?

Discussion in 'StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty' started by DirtyDog, Oct 13, 2009.

1. DirtyDog

DirtyDog New Member

What does that have to do with Starcraft 2 beta I hear you ask!? Well, Blizzard gave out a press kit at BlizzCon 2009 which contained Battle.net interface screenshots showing that Starcraft II, Diablo III and World of Warcraft players will be able to communicate with each other through the Battle.net Friend List.

You can see in these screenshots how the World of Warcraft friends list displayed Starcraft II icons to the side of your friend’s name, and vice versa. Thus, speculation is rife that this deadline to convert WoW Accounts to a Battle.net Account is an initial step prior to announcing Starcraft II Beta.

Clutching at straws or high probability? :twitch:

2. Aurora

Aurora Let's fix it.

The Netherlands
    I say high probability, as Blizzard announced that the new battle.net will combine every Blizzard game into a single system. There's a good chance that this means that the beta is coming soon. ^^

3. MGCImtR

MGCImtR eSports Player

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but Blizzard specially said that SC2 will not be out until the mid 2010 or even later 2010, which means that if they release a Beta at all, it won't be until Q1 or Q2 of 2010.

4. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    depends on length f the beta. Beta just means they've settled on what units they want. It's a cheap way of getting us to do the work for them by balancing and bug testing.

5. PauseBreak

PauseBreak BattleForums Senior Member

That's a far stretch.

6. @tom@~

@tom@~ Member!

This may be a dumb question, however... Where can I get the beta if it is a public Beta