StarCraft 2? Article from StormedFortress.com

Xtreme3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.stormedfortress.com
I'd hate to kill all these fun rumors but here's probably the cold hard truth. I wrote this back in 2001.

I would like to put alot of things strait about StarCraft 2. I would like to explain how there is no confirmed way that StarCraft 2 may come out. Before I continue, I would like you to read the following. At sc2.2ya.com the following was said:

"In an IGN Interview made to Bill Roper, back in May, Blizzard's Vice-President informed the fan community that StarCraft 2 along with other games might very likely be created using the WarCraft 3 Engine.

Bill Roper is so impressed with the variety of triggers and actions that can be done with the WarCraft 3 Engine, and the beautifully 3D-Rendered units, that he expects many past games to be revisited using this impressive Engine adding of course many animated movie sequences. This Awesome Engine allows Map Designers to have a full control over the camera in a 3D-world sort of way. Allowing Blizzard to possibly make long RPG Cinematics for the upcoming StarCraft 2.

If you are still skeptical, then you are going to faint when you hear this GOOD NEWS !!! I found out a month ago that . . . . http://www.starcraft2.com (not to be confused with www.star-craft-2.com) was bought around 3 years ago by Blizzard Entertainment.

It wasn't linked as a live URL. It would take you to a Not Found PAGE. But I was amazed when he typed http://www.starcraft2.com and the URL redirected him back to Blizzard.com

The Domain Name is active after 3 years dormant. Isn't this GOOD NEWS indeed ? Why after 3 years of sleeping in a Dark-Cyber-alley the URL pops-up out of nowhere alive redirecting us to Blizzard.com ? No doubt friends. IT IS COMING !!!! Spread the word !

Bill Roper said it himself at a WC3 Interview 2 months ago: We aren't working on SC2 at the present moment until we finish WC3. Once WC3 is done, SC2 will be at the list of discussion on the table. And guess what ? WC3 is out on July 3rd and now the SC2 URL is alive. Take your guesses of what this means."

- Sc2.2ya.com

Ok first, that seems like a decent article. Before I jump all the way into StarCraft 2, know this. Anyone could have bought Starcraft2.com just to tease people and upload all files from Blizzard by looking at the parent directory. The alternative is that Blizzard may have bought this domain as a backup. If so, that person wants you to think that StarCraft 2 is coming out, when it may not. All you have to do is do a simple redirection on the website inside the HTML code, something I could do in a matter of seconds.

Bill Roper, the Vice-President of Blizzard Entertainment, said that "StarCraft 2 is very likely to be made." He did not say it was going to be made. Think about WarCraft III. I heard about it a few years before it came out. StarCraft 2: nada so far.

Think about Blizzard.com. Every single game they have made is on Blizzard.com, not any other sites you can think of. So, now you are sort of thinking "Hey, SC2 probably wont come out." or "Yeah... but I still think its going to come out." Now wait up a little bit more. Read on.

What is the latest Blizzard game that Blizzard is working on? Did you think of that. The name of the game they are working on is World of WarCraft (WoW). That my friends, will come out. They have movies on it in the WarCraft III cd. I doubt that WoW is even half-way complete. Did Blizzard work on StarCraft, WarCraft I & II, and Diablo I & II all at the same time? The answer is no. What makes you think that a very high quality game like WarCraft III which is rumored to be like StarCraft II is being worked on while they are trying to complete WoW. I have no clue what date WoW is supposed to be release but I can tell you thats in at least one year from now.

I think we can all expect StarCraft 2 to come out in at least 5 years from now. I laugh at those who have taken domains such as Star-Craft-2.com, Starcraft2.com, etc. If they are really determined StarCraft 2 will come out, let it be. Do you really think sites like that are going to wait at least 5 years for something not even confirmed? The answer on my side is: I dont think so.

As of StarCraft 2, it can be expected in about 5 years from now. Remember WarCraft III, I know Blizzard gave a 2 1/2 year notice of its arrival. So I can guarantee StarCraft 2 in at least 2 1/2 years from now. Who knows when WoW is going to be finished. Then possibly they may start StarCraft 2. Add the years of the arrival of WoW and SC2 and your an old man, eh.

Thats just some stuff I would like to clear up off my head. May be you may have a different view of SC2 after reading my article. May be you are still determined it is going to come out soon or it will. May be I'm just a negative thinker, a hard pessimist that likes to speak his mind. Who the hell knows? My view is that 40% chance it will not come out and a 60% chance that it will come out, that is in 5 years from now.

Feel free to quote me on this. I also encourage you to get friends to read.

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Warcraaft 3 engine? i hope there will be more than 90-food cap. i hope Starcraft 2 will have ability to see inside building

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
I agree with your opinions Xtreme3, that we just have to wait for it if it's indeed gonna come out. I bet we'll all have a better idea about it when World of Warcraft and especially Starcraft: Ghost come out. Most likely by then the company will have enough game developers free to start making progress on a new game. I also think that Blizzard is maybe trying to finish up it's different series so it can move onto a different variety of games. They have sort of started this trend with Starcraft: Ghost because it is different then what we are used to seeing in a Blizzard game. But as I said before, we'll just have to wait and see what exactly Blizzard is planning on doing in the future.

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
Unlike some people I actually like to make posts that try to contribute to a thread or discussion. I don't like making a one line or one sentence post because they are basically pointless most of the time. If you don't want to read through my long posts then don't but you'll miss what I'm trying to say. But I'm right in what I said. All we can do is wait. Blizzard probably hasn't even started making many plans at all concerning Starcraft II or any of it's contents.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
**** you you did it again another 29 secs of my life. Try to umm maybe summerize your posts as much as possible. it will do everyone a favor. Wait are you a 8th grade english teacher? Is so that will expalin eveything.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Hey James, I honestly don't think you have a whole lot of room to talk man. Look at when WilliamDell signed up for these forums... Yeah, he signed up on September 5th, meanwhile you didn't join until December 6th.

No, I'm not saying he automatically has seniority over you because of those dates, I'm saying that he's been here three months longer than you, and you have about 50 more posts than him. He keeps what he has to say all within one post rather than double/triple posting one or two sentence posts. All of his posts are on topic, and contribute to the subject at hand, and provide his own opinion, along with his reasons why he feels his opinion is correct. Granted, not everyone is right all the time, but he also at least allows room for others to state their own opinions without being flamed.

I don't normally get involved in petty stuff like this, but I don't want to see our senior members feel alienated by the newer, younger, more brash crowd flaming them in threads other than The Asylum. If you have a problem with WilliamDell, please take them there, not in the StarCraft 2 section.

Continuing from Xtreme3's post, I think you're at least a levelheaded thinker in all of this. I noticed you hadn't mentioned StarCraft Ghost in that article as well, implying it was typed before the announcement of that, which brings me to the thought "how the hell would Blizzard ever manage to accomplish making 3 games in one year?"

No, these rumors have all been started by kids that didn't take enough riddalin, seeking that attention they get, but never notice.

PatMan3000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gocdm.com
I was actually a lil dissapointed in wc3. I thought they would have enchanced the graphics a tad bit more, By the way....how do you create a unit from scratch on there...im saying...like give it an entire new look?

InvincibleMuta

Member!
Reaction score
The Land of the Free and the Home of Purdue
Website
Visit site
well sc2 will be on its way a lot sooner than it took wc3 cause according to ur article, its using the wc3 engine and if thats so, ull need to subtract all the time it took for blizzard to make the engine. WoW is almost done, ive heard its already in alpha or beta testing and will be out sometime in 2003. SC:Ghost is soon to be done because they already have the basics done. Graphics and all are being finished up and gameplay seems to b done so thats soon to b released. Then if u go into the argument about making all the games at the same time, look at how soon WoW and SC:Ghost are coming out after wc3 and that they were starting on 2 other games in the 2 1/2 years they were making wc3 so if they focus on sc2 (whose fanbase is one of the largest and that it is one of the most anticipated games to be released) the sooner it comes out the sooner blizzard can relax economically and work on better games with a bigger staff.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
Dude, blizzard needs to make an anouncement clearing everything up. It would make life a lot less confusing wondering about SC2 and SC:G. Its enuff to make you mentally un-stable.

PatMan3000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gocdm.com
They tend to keep quiet on everything lol, but eh? Who cares as long as they are making cool games.

But on the other hand sum1 should send them this site and let them know how curious we all are so hopefully they might give us a better idea of what they are doing.

If SC2 will be comming out it is going to be a long time becuase after all they are working on World Of Warcraft (that'll be cool) and major updates of Diablo 2 Expansion.

HuntingKiller

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was wondering if starcraft Ghost is considered as StarCraft II
and theres been lotsa rumors about diablo, ive heard they are ( blizzard ) making a diablo IIII and that diablo patch 1.10 is REALLY READY to come out:eek: dont belive me thats wat ive heard

HuntingKiller

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
srry for the double post but i got confused with the warcraft and diablo is Diablo III ive heard they are working on

SuperiorNewbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WoW (it really sucks) is a RPG, not a strategy game like SCII, so i think the W3 team got nowhere to go but make SCII. Yes, make it ! Have you seen the blizz ad about hiring new graphic artists? Obviously they need more for WoW(it really sucks), SC Ghost and hopefully SCII, and D3, but my point is this. SCII is the only strategic project they can do.