Starcraft 2 (2007)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
they prob make a new engine 2 so my gusse is like 2010

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Expect 2150, that way, you won't be upset when you die of old age and they still haven't made it yet :p

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Once it's announced nothing else matters. I mean, when it's finally in development I will be perfectly content. I can just imaging the massive influx of players into the SC world and the furor it would create. Awesome.

I predict an announcement this year. Yeah that's optimistic but I can feel it.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I feel nothing but the shadow of death looming over each and every one of us. My optimism lies in believing mine is closer.

I would find it rather humorous if they announced beginning the Starcraft 2 project, and then later the discontinuance of it. So much joy turned to dispair, making those who were hopeful more unhappy than when they were to start. How ironic it would be.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Blizzforums said:
Once it's announced nothing else matters. I mean, when it's finally in development I will be perfectly content. I can just imaging the massive influx of players into the SC world and the furor it would create. Awesome.

I predict an announcement this year. Yeah that's optimistic but I can feel it.
My guess is it's Annoucnement Date is sometime after StarCraft Ghost comes out, five or take a few months. Since they are workingg hard on that, along with modifications and patches for WoW and whatnot. I heard the releaase date for StarCraft Ghost is being delayed more and more, so being truthful here, I would have to say somewhere around late 2007 to early 2008 for them to have time to start on any new games - typically this one.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah they will announce it for the year of 2007. But they will probably say it will come out january...then march...then septhember...then it won't come out till the day b4 christmas and everybody will be waiting in lines for this game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah. Pre-altered delays, from month to month, and it may top a year just like WarCraft III did. I remember a friend of mine had a poster for that game, and the release date it said on the poster was way off from the actual time the game was released.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Yeah. Pre-altered delays, from month to month, and it may top a year just like WarCraft III did. I remember a friend of mine had a poster for that game, and the release date it said on the poster was way off from the actual time the game was released.
I think it is a good strategy too delay the release of the game. Not only does it promote more time for them to get others too advertise the game. But it allows them too spend more time making the neccessary patches too make the game more realistic and fair.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hey, it also increases the anxiousness of the people who are waiting for the damned game to come out! Teehee, I know that's how I was when I was waiting for games to come out for computer, back when I did that. But I don't d it anymore, because I hardly play computer games anymore!

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Radical Edward said:
My guess is it's Annoucnement Date is sometime after StarCraft Ghost comes out, five or take a few months. Since they are workingg hard on that, along with modifications and patches for WoW and whatnot. I heard the releaase date for StarCraft Ghost is being delayed more and more, so being truthful here, I would have to say somewhere around late 2007 to early 2008 for them to have time to start on any new games - typically this one.
For all you know the're already working on it. In fact, I bet they've at least begun concept. You'll see!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hath thee forgot? It's Blizzard....! But it doesn't matter to me, because I figure the longer they take tinkering with it, the better it will be and better is always good for me! Besides, if they want to make it that ood we need a few years for our PC's to get new high-tech gear which I can never afford! :(

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
It's probably December 31st 2007 ><.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
i wish that SC2 would hurry up. but the world of diablo **** that would be awesome

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
MrBret said:
Close, but more like this.

2005-------------2006---------------2007----------2008-------
SCG: more time......SCG: released...............WC4...............D3

2009---------------2010----------2011-------------2012----------
WC4 xpak..................D3 xpak....................WoDiablo.........WC5

2013---------------2014------------2015----------Skip--------2026
SC2 annouced................WC6....................WC7-21 & D4,5+6

2031, December 15th.
SC2 REleased
shoot that means we're not even half way through the wc saga or diablo dam thats a lot of games. Wow that's also a lot of good times to come. AND A HELLUVA LOT OF HACKS GOD!

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Me too, but World of Starcraft(don't have to pay) would own my penois.

KING OF ZEALOTS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battle.net
Well I sure don't like Diablo, but sincerely I would enjoy having all the wc i could and especially sc cuz it pwnz ass

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, if we didn't have to py, I could openly assume it would be close to Diablo as far as anti-hack prevention, patching, balancing, and maintenace. Then again, if it was awesome enough as is I probably wouldn't care about those little bits of things and just play it. :p

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
Usually with a site like that, its just the site estimating when the game will be realeased... Like with Halo 2 eb games had it as spring 2004 but it did make it in fall 2004. but with no word on production that is probably a wild guess.