Starcraft 2 2007?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Striver said:
Blizzard Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams,

StarCraft is my absolutely favorite game of all time. As you probably already know, there is no doubt that we will continue the StarCraft and Diablo franchise, and trust me, I will be the happiest person in the world when we announce StarCraft 2.
which is helped by the next quote

"I want to be clear that we're not just content to be an MMO company. Some other companies get into the role of making just MMOs, but Blizzard lets the developers pick what they want to work on, and it's not all MMOs."
Additionaly Blizzard is set to make a major announcement in 2007, which is *definately not* a WOW expansion (because it has been revelased Blizzard will be releasing them every year), but something new, which is quite possibly a sequal to Starcraft.
i still want to see an mmo sc :(

-GeNoCiDe-

Member!
Reaction score
There will never be a Starcraft 2. We always hope, but it's time to face the facts. Blizzard will most likely be sold to a different company before even thinking about attempting to create any basic ideas for Starcraft 2. I like Starcraft, but Starcraft 2 will never be.

-GeNoCiDe-

L

Laharl

I have to agree with the genocide committer, here. I also love Starcraft, but Starcraft 2 isn't going to happen. At least not any time soon. And if they start it... It'll get the same fate that Starcraft: Ghost did.

LS[ZeRG]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
NUUUUUUUUU

SC2 NOOOW!

They better make it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah Vivendi is going to sell probably one of their most profitable subsidry

L

Laharl

That's the problem with Blizzard; they are the subsidry of a pretty lousy company. They caused ghost to be cancelled, and if Vivendi had their way Blizzard would probably only release MMO style games.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
IF. Big if. Blizzard has given us years of memories and games to cherish, and for what you just said, I hope something bad happens to you, blizzard related. ;D

Some support you are. >.>

GoVi

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
its gunna be a world of starcraft just watch...

L

Laharl

Don't be unfair, DM. I support Blizzard, but Vivindi can suck mine.

If it's a "World of Starcraft" I'd cry. Long and hard.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
There will never be a Starcraft 2. We always hope, but it's time to face the facts. Blizzard will most likely be sold to a different company before even thinking about attempting to create any basic ideas for Starcraft 2. I like Starcraft, but Starcraft 2 will never be.

-GeNoCiDe-
[glow=black]iono about that...the gap between warcraft 2 and warcraft 3 was around 10 years (more or less, cant remember), so starcraft 2 cant be too far off... [/glow]

Arxces

Member!
Reaction score
A desperate call...

Well, whatever form the next SC takes, I'm pretty sure it's going to be good. Personally, I'd like another RTS, but if it's WoS then I would still play it. Experience shows that Blizzard do like to take their own sweet time, but the results are stunning. I mean, how many people still play WC3? It has outlived many newer, graphically more stunning games. I personally still play SC. It becomes one of those games that never gets old, like chess and poker.

Call me a dirty optimist but I have faith in Blizzard. I'll say it again:

I HAVE FAITH IN BLIZZARD!

Then again Vivendi may screw things up. Please God, do not allow this to happen!

L

Laharl

Good to say people still have faith in Blizzard, but I'm getting tired of the fact they pushed back the Starcraft: Ghost date then cancelled it "indefinitely" (Spelling). I just hope they don't do to the Starcraft lore what they did to the Warcraft one.

L

Laharl

No, by what they did to Warcraft I mean mutilate the story repeatedly until it's a mere shadow of what it once was. Sargeras corrupting the Eredar, honestly...

Just finish the "story", have it be done. That's all I really want now.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Bah i can care less about Ghost. For me, I just wanted to see how they would pull off the game and units.

even if it will be an mmo, ill get a job to pay for it :p

L

Laharl

What part, Mike? The whole part where Sargeras was corrupted by the Eredar - the change they made to add a new race.

Also look at all the big inconsistencies. In Wc2 you kill gul'tan (Name, spelling) as the orcs. In the lore it now says the demons ripped him up.

That's how. They made many changes like that.