Standard of Heros

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
Anatomy Of Vice said:
I'm going to say this once again.

It's stated in the MPQ that is has no use. The MPQ is the standard of everything that happens in D2, and why it happens. If it has no use in the MPQ, it has no use anywhere else. Period.
could you explain to me why there is no DClone in the mp's then?

I'll just answer my own question.

You are not given the same mpq when you're dloading the patch as you are using Battle.net. There is a "server mpq" which contains the features that only work on Battle.net.

Saying that it has no use because it isn't stated in your mpq, doesn't mean a thing.

PsYcHoSiD77

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But is it really that hard to believe that it does nothing? I think it is the same thing as the chat gem, they like to watch morons speculate to no end.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheRealMalakai said:
You obviously didn;t take notice of the comment rigth after that.

I can only give one hint: chat gem.

Meaning;

A: It does jack shit just like the chat gem.
B: Like many beleive the chat gem has hidden uses, so could this SoH.
C: This Techy could have very well been fired 10 minutes after saying this for revealing that the chat gem, and SoH do infact do something.
D: We could all just beleive every bit of bullshit we hear and see.
E: The chat gem and SoH are linked, and when you have the SoH and activate the chat gem it actually does something besides say MooooooOOooo.

Then again I migth be blizzard and half of this could be comming out of my ass in a vague attempt to keep rumors from circulating to much, you never really know with Battle.net these days. ;)
A: Maybe.
B: True
C: Not really, what happens if they are allowed to give out hints?
D: You are correct.
E: Ever tried to get Perfect Gem Activated?

Thanks.

Besides, Believing is better than not believing.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PsYcHoSiD77 said:
But is it really that hard to believe that it does nothing? I think it is the same thing as the chat gem, they like to watch morons speculate to no end.
Who knows, maybe it requires Perfect Gem to be activated in order to work something.

Then maybe it requires SoH to be transmuted with something in character whose level is higher than 90, Im sure Blizzard wouldnt want to waste your precious inv space with useless craps.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
I figured it out...... take the SoH the torch and the meph stone from act 4. Transmute and it rerolls the character type in the torch. Try it out. I did this on a whim in act 4 hell.

J/K!!!!!!!

TheRealMalakai

Member!
Reaction score
Now that I can agree to. I personally beleive that both the Chat Gem and the SoH have some use. God damn if I'm the one to find out what it is.. but I still think they have a hidden use.

lastwhispers

Reaction score
Could it be that when the "perfect" gem is activated that you can sell soh's like an soj, and the message will pop up :/, that would be so cool, but if that would be the case then it would be more difficult =(

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
Well it's been said by a blizzard tech rep that it DOES have several uses. The only hint he would give was "Chat Gem". http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=103488 I know they've had this planned out forever, some unused keys have always been in the mpq(look at old maphack companions, Black Tower Key and such are in there as misc items). Now I need a SoH to test and see myself =-)

Also here is an idea, and seems so simple it would surprise me if nobody has never done this... But has anyone ever watched what is sent to bnet when you click the gem? or watched memory changes when you click it?

Also to Vice, dude... the mpqs you have are ment for single player, as are all of ours. Basically the only concrete evidence in these is graphics, the rest is just text that can be kept on server and downloaded quickly so we don't even notice. Just look at the hellfire charm in the mpqs, says 0-6 skills. People say this is the character... where does it say +3 to skills then? =/

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
lastwhispers said:
Could it be that when the "perfect" gem is activated that you can sell soh's like an soj, and the message will pop up :/, that would be so cool, but if that would be the case then it would be more difficult =(
Or even better, if you hold SoH in inv, it shows up its hidden mods, like 50% more exp gained, 100 mf, or etc etc? Or SoH becomes recipe for secret runeword yet to be released to the public?

We'll never know until we test it out, probly not now tho, they'll probly make it ladder-only.

Kaison

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
Or even better, if you hold SoH in inv, it shows up its hidden mods, like 50% more exp gained, 100 mf, or etc etc? Or SoH becomes recipe for secret runeword yet to be released to the public?

We'll never know until we test it out, probly not now tho, they'll probly make it ladder-only.
Haha the sounds like some bull

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Kaison said:
...duh, did you even read my post?

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
You know now that you mention that I did that gem thing before a trist uber run, and it was 10x harder, thought it was just chance. I however didnt look at my torch charm to see any difference in the +3 skills or whatever.

lastwhispers

Reaction score
Kaison said:
It's all just a bunch of guessing man, always untill you actually find out what really happenes. And trufully thats how people figure out the truth ^_^

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
Well I got a SoH on my lvl 90 sorc and activated the gem and joined a hell game and tried everything but it didn't do crap. tried transmuting it with tomes scrolls and wirts leg tried using it in a hell forge quest and tried seeing if it did anything special in the chat with the gem activated and it didn't.
Some people are saying on the realms that you put it in the cube with a runeword and transmute and the runeword becomes perfect. I don't have any runewords to try out though.

Pisco_Ssour

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
fattyxp said:
Some people are saying on the realms that you put it in the cube with a runeword and transmute and the runeword becomes perfect. I don't have any runewords to try out though.
That would be a very interesting thing to try out. Of course, I would only try it with a shitty runeword, ntohing like a botd or something like that incase it ****s it up somehow. Anyone up to trying this and letting us know if anything happens?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
...tomorow ima get a few SOH's on my sorc and get P gem activated and run around...see if anything changes...

fattyxp

Member!
Reaction score
Website
shawnjcox.sh.funpic.org
I tried... didn't do crap. did it with an eth insight 218% lvl 15 aura. and it wouldn't transmute. not with soh alone or with pgems or anything else that ppl are saying.

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Dragnskull said:
...tomorow ima get a few SOH's on my sorc and get P gem activated and run around...see if anything changes...

lolz u do nothing will happen right?

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
fattyxp said:
I tried... didn't do crap. did it with an eth insight 218% lvl 15 aura. and it wouldn't transmute. not with soh alone or with pgems or anything else that ppl are saying.
you realize you have to sit there for hours clicking that gem until it says "Perfect Gem: Activated"?

Kaison

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Dark_Mage- said:
Here is the only solid things known about SoH.

It's flagged as a quest item.
It's item type is a charm.
When you drop it on the ground, it looks like the banner on the mini-map by the Den of Evil and the one in the ground where Bishibosh is.
You get them for killing the Uber Prime Evils.
You can hold multiple ones.
Level 90 requirements.
And a "standard" is a banner/flag.
Maybe something with Den of evil and Bishibosh...

Hey Offtopic here.. but wut is "chatgem:?