Spiderman/Venom

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
A little backstory: I've been reading through the new Ultimate Spiderman storyline to catch up on things. Read up to 80(I think) today. It's pretty much all I did today. Anyway, one panel stuck out at me.

Panel 4 on page 22 of issue 37. The one where it's Peter just standing there in the rain with Eddie right on him about to pounce. I got bored somewhere around 2AM EST, and decided to bust out the ole Wacom Tablet and hook it up. So I started drawing it.

I didn't feel like doing a background or anything, so it's just the two of them standing there. Venoms pretty ****ed up, but oh well, I havn't actually tried doing something like that with my Wacom yet. It's mostly just been shit thats popped into my head, no direct copy and draws.

So anyway, tell me what you think. ( And yes, the coloring on it sucks. I know that )

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the Wacom Tablet is a piece of hardware that you can use to draw and import your work into your computer.

This panel is actually one of the ones in the new Ultimate Spiderman video game, so it's interesting for me to see your recreation (For lack of a better word) of it. I'm an amateur at art, so my opinion is probably worthless at this point, but I'll give you a bit of critique anyway ;).

I'm not too sure, but the light source on Venom seems kind of funky (As in, the shading seems a bit awkward.. when I did draw, I would actually draw a small circle as my light source). For example, the shading on the arm is pretty good.. you can easily tell where the bicep (tricep? bicep) is. But the shading on the body.. it looks like Venom just tore out of the ER from a liposuction or something.

It's actually not bad though. Good job :).

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
looks like a guy and some alien. You sure thats venom?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah, a Wacom tablet for those of you that don't know is this pen and board thing. It's basically like a drawing device instead of using your Mouse.

And Venom from the Ultimate universe looks kinda like an alien. Though he's in a weird pose in that panel

[Koolaid]

Reaction score
Its pretty cool. But isn't Peter more geeky?

Or in this versions he's a cheep junkie with a hoodie.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
He's still a geeky guy in this version. Even more so.

However, it was raining in the panel + it was dark out and it was supposed to just show a faceoff type of thing because less than a week (in the comics timeline) ago Peter "wore the venom suit" and was still feeling the effects of it. (Made him almost kill some dude, which he "swore to never do")

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
iMike said:
A little backstory: I've been reading through the new Ultimate Spiderman storyline to catch up on things. Read up to 80(I think) today. It's pretty much all I did today. Anyway, one panel stuck out at me.

Panel 4 on page 22 of issue 37. The one where it's Peter just standing there in the rain with Eddie right on him about to pounce. I got bored somewhere around 2AM EST, and decided to bust out the ole Wacom Tablet and hook it up. So I started drawing it.

I didn't feel like doing a background or anything, so it's just the two of them standing there. Venoms pretty ****ed up, but oh well, I havn't actually tried doing something like that with my Wacom yet. It's mostly just been shit thats popped into my head, no direct copy and draws.

So anyway, tell me what you think. ( And yes, the coloring on it sucks. I know that )
The right picture looks like Venom murphing.
The left I can tell, for me it looks like a person winter dressed.

I don't know that is how I see it.

FuLouZero

Reaction score
Nice, definatly needs a background.