SoulCalibur 4 Xbox360

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how SF holds up against the current fighters. I'll be surprised if it's any good.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
IM LOOKING FORWARD TO MK VS DC THE MOST SOUL CALIBUR 4 WASNT TOO GOOD IT WAS KINDA MEH

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
for the record kilik is an awsome character if used properly, dont get mand and call everyone who uses him faggots when it is clear your just a hater.
Kilik is a game-breaking character. Someone with just about 0 knowledge of the game can pick it up, use Kilik, and beat, or get incredibly close to beating some of the incredibly skilled players of the game.

And for the record, about MK vs DC, I've been keeping incredibly close tabs on it, and what's going on with it. The thing is, which surprised me, is that I was in the "this games going to suck" spectrum. The idea behind it, and the execution (early on) is a terrible idea. The Freefall/KloseKombat features look like they're going to be incredibly forced and annoying after about the 5th time. Same with the test your might smash through the wall button mash fest.

But, the one thing that has me excited about this game, is that just about every reviewers/previewer/industry person that's played a /demo/betabuild/so on and so forth has said that it's amazing and incredibly fun. And I'm talking about people who went in thinking it's going to suck, and thinking that the gameplay looks clunky and off. There were people who literally hated just about every part about it and refused to even rent the game, unless forced to by job to review properly and what not, who've played one of the beta stage builds and been completely turned around about it.

That right there gives me hope for the game. For something to be so back and forth between the whole industry as a good idea / bad idea, good concepts / bad concepts, and even good gameplay / bad gameplay (before playing it themselves), and have it pretty much universally turn into this "yeah, this game's pretty fucking good" once they do get to play a build on it is just about unheard of.

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
Kilik is a game-breaking character. Someone with just about 0 knowledge of the game can pick it up, use Kilik, and beat, or get incredibly close to beating some of the incredibly skilled players of the game.
No he isn't, I have seen people with 0 knowledge play has him thinking the exact thing you are talking about and being totally smashed. All you have to do is get in close and pretty much unload from there. And besides I have come across plenty of people who beat kilik easily, and I am talking skilled players on both sides. Every character has certain gameplay advantages that people will always try to take advantage of, and there will always be pathetic winers wineing about it, I used to hate playing against Cervantes because of his teleport moves then I figured a way around it. Stop wineing and learn some skill.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
K, when you're one of the top SC players in the world, and you go out and openly state on the official 360 forum for it that he's a game breaking character, and you have pretty much a unanimous agreement from a good portion of the rest of the top players, he's broken. I'm not saying he can't be beat. Because he can. I'm saying that it takes next to no skill to play him and win, simply because he has the longest rang attacks in the game, and most of them are incredibly fast for the amount of area they cover.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
K, when you're one of the top SC players in the world, and you go out and openly state on the official 360 forum for it that he's a game breaking character, and you have pretty much a unanimous agreement from a good portion of the rest of the top players, he's broken. I'm not saying he can't be beat. Because he can. I'm saying that it takes next to no skill to play him and win, simply because he has the longest rang attacks in the game, and most of them are incredibly fast for the amount of area they cover.
You're the one making these ridiculous statements, so you have the burden of proof. Even if you did show me these so called pros of SC, it doesn't prove that he's broken. I've beaten him many times online and at local play. Anybody can beat a noob at SC just by watching them button mash the same combos and guard impact and counter. He's not close to being broken. Perhaps you need to play against him more.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
kilik is ez to beat his moves are so easy to predict

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Man thank you for this thread. We threw in SC4 for an hour and I played Kilik every time and won for the hour and a half we played. awesome, thanks guys.

then we all agreed sc4 sucks and went to play something better.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
the guy you were versing must of only had one arm or something

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I still haven't played anyone from BF on SC4 yet.

WTF MATES!!!!