SoulCalibur 4 Xbox360

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
StaticMan5000........

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
What's your main? Cause if it's Kilckkk then I'm noit even gonna bother.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
So how is the game? I've been contemplating grabbing it for my PS3 (since it's actually out, which I did not know until I saw it the case yesterday), but I'm too cheap to spend $60 on something I won't play much.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
What's your main? Cause if it's Kilckkk then I'm noit even gonna bother.
my dear mike, I have no main. I generally meander around every character and usually go random. Online you can't truely unlock your full potential with the spilt second parrys and me personally when I play 1v1 its just not the same with the regular HP. The matches end to quick and there is rarely room for comebacks.

But if we ever play Mike I will never use kilik more than once everytime we play. I am not too competitive. Never see me using the same 3move combo twice.

It will be niiiiiiice.

And to vad.... if you like soul cal its a good buy I am pleasently surprised with how little lag I see. But you do encounter it now and again.

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
In my opinion Soul Calibur 4 is the best fighting game on the next gen consoles....so far. The character creation alone is extensive, and the online is suburb. Definatly a good purchase in my book.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's... decent.

It's like if you stick online play to Soul Calibur 2. Online play that's laggy most of the time. I think the story mode was done with little effort. I'd only get this to play online. If you want to fight friends, just get #2.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Tekken 6 will blow SC4 out of the water. I've already played it in an arcade, it's tight.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
Mk and street fighter will blow tekken out of the water

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
It's... decent.

It's like if you stick online play to Soul Calibur 2. Online play that's laggy most of the time. I think the story mode was done with little effort. I'd only get this to play online. If you want to fight friends, just get #2.
I have hardly experienced any lag online playing Soul Calibur4, if any it happens when someone leaves or joins but its like for a second.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
In my opinion Soul Calibur 4 is the best fighting game on the next gen consoles....so far. The character creation alone is extensive, and the online is suburb. Definatly a good purchase in my book.
The character creation is just a paper doll with 12 different types you can choose. It's not deep at all.

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
The character creation is just a paper doll with 12 different types you can choose. It's not deep at all.
Not sure what you want here, ya you chose the fighting style you like the most. Then when you apply abilities to your fighter, applying certain abilites to stregthen your own weaknesses, stregthening the skills you are already good at, creating a fighter that fits your style play really well.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Trust me, I know the ins and outs of the game. I'm just saying, people rave over how aewsome the Create a Soul is, when it's actually a lot worse than 3s, and doesn't even come close to comparing to something like MK:A's. It literally is just the paperdoll and make one of the 15 preset characters (which isn't to say that they're anything different from say using Nightmare or Seigfried) and change their appearance. That's it. There's no defining parts in it like being able to mix and match attacks and skills, or being able to assign different skills to different key commands. It's all the same. You're playing one of the main character, just with a different appearance.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have hardly experienced any lag online playing Soul Calibur4, if any it happens when someone leaves or joins but its like for a second.
For the most part, it looks smooth, but it can have a second or half a second delay, which makes guard impacts very hard to do.

So again, if you want to play SC offline, I suggest an old one like SC2. Sure, SC4 has more characters, but it's the same essential gameplay. It's not a Warcraft 2 to 3 jump here.

I do like Soul Calibur because it's not about mastering some 7 hit combo. Tekken looks very robotic from the videos I've seen online. I don't like how strafing is done in that game. Also, I think how a character gets flung in the air after a punch is ridiculous. I mean it happens in SC too, but you can't do 9 hit combos as you can in Tekken. It just seems whoever gets launched in the air 3 times loses, assuming the opponent knows how to combo.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
SC3 blows SC2 out of the water.

Expecially since the Create a Soul on that game is very well done, and there's nothing really to big that changed between 2 and 3.

You know, other than Link/Tekkenguy/Spawn.

edit; And uh, for the record, most people I've played or seen play are either Kilik and be faggots, or are someone else and rip through these 10+ hit combos that take over half your health away.

Just cause you don't know how to do them or can't comprehend how to link 4 or 5 of the little 2/3 hit combos together doesn't mean it isn't there. Cause trust me, it's there.

For instance, with Cervantes, if you do back + Y+B, back+X+Y, XXXY, back+b(held), it'll rip through this amazing combo provided you can get the timing right that will shave off about 80% of the life bar.

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
edit; And uh, for the record, most people I've played or seen play are either Kilik and be faggots, or are someone else and rip through these 10+ hit combos that take over half your health away.
for the record kilik is an awsome character if used properly, dont get mand and call everyone who uses him faggots when it is clear your just a hater.