Soul Eater

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Anyone watching it? A friend of mine showed me like five minutes of the first episode, and it's badass. The animation and the fight scenes are soooo well done that i can actually look past the fact that it's all in Japanese (Usually that shits me to tears) and bring myself to watch it.

Anyone else watch it?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I watched it when it was called Bleach - o wait.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Remeber when i was like I love this show and everyone was like wtf is that anime lol fag... yea I knew it'd come around

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I watch most anime for 5 minutes now and turn it off because of how terrible I realize they all are.

=/

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
A friend of mine showed me like five minutes of the first episode
Good to know you watched enough to get a thorough and educated opinion.

Anything Glowpole likes has to be bad. Also sounds like a comical Bleach with a little altered lore. The mango was also release by SQUARE ENIX so I can only imagine how stereotypical it is.

Jim Morrison

Premium Member
Reaction score
bleach is so fucking horrible right now though the manga i mean

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yeah you pretty much have to wait a few months then start reading again so you feel like something actually occured.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Good to know you watched enough to get a thorough and educated opinion.
With the exception of a few series, anime and manga as a whole are terrible. Search your heart, know it to be true. Not gonna invest anymore than 5 minutes or so for the same shows over and over. Goodguy gets team X and meets baddy Z. Baddy Z is far to powerful, goodguy team x gets owned, then goodguy magically is stronger because he wants to be and beats the shit out of baddy z. Repeat. For 300 issues or 200 episodes.

Some have a slight variance, like Bleach where they have all the squad captains fleshed out, but even that it's mostly just "well Ichigo will take care of the big bad, even though he wont be strong enough when he firsts fights them he'll power up midway throught fight and end up winning".

Predictable, boring, garbage.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Not really. It's why I don't watch anime anwmore. Has nothing to do with "expecting to much". Is them having an original idea something one shouldn't expect in this world anymore?

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Try watching Bonen no Xamdou, I believe is how it's spelled. Amazing story, I think you'll really like it, Mike.

Also, I only read the manga. I don't watch anime that much anymore, unless it's very well done.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I like the pace the Bleach episodes are going in besides filler arcs. It's a lot better than the mango when it has taken 6 weeks for Ichigo to say a sentence to Ulq and for them to even start fighting.

Mike you're doing some serious generalization. Not all animu are good vs. evil and those that follow the standard good guys vs. bad guys shonen stereotype aren't all bad i.e. Gurren Lagann or Slayers.

Then theres your comedies like Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei which is godly.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I'm speaking on the Shonen or whatever they're called. Which is pretty much the only anime I've watched / cared to watch. Got enough of everything else to watch as is, but theres no real american badass shows like how Bleach or even Shippuden started. It just feels like the same shit over and over with every anime I've watched, and even the ones I've watched start to finish it's just rehash after rehash if they're more than 50 episodes or so.

Stuff like FMA, Death Note, Paranoia Agent. That's good anime. Well, FMA drags like crazy the first season, but still. I just don't really like the idea of an 'never ending' anime anymore. No where near as much as I used to a few years back, or when I was really into DBZ and Gundam back in like the late 90's.

Oh well, guess I'll stick to watch Batman The Brave and The Bold to watch Aquaman get into plenty of shenanigans.

Jim Morrison

Premium Member
Reaction score
naruto right now is pretty legit its so much better than bleach.

bleach is like 15 pages of no text and like 1 move then ulq goes LOLOL U SUCK and it ends

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Not at all. Sounds like you just don't grasp animation styles. Granted the fact you are equating quality with the way it looks says a lot about how uneducated you are or perhaps a little put out that reality hit and you realized you're really just watching Bleach with belts and zippers. Funny you should compare Bleach to DBZ/Naruto when Soul Eater is going down the same road and Square-Enix are the biggest whore to ever exist. They are all power-up fests.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Not at all. Sounds like you just don't grasp animation styles.
I don't care if it's a style. It looks bad.

Granted the fact you are equating quality with the way it looks says a lot about how uneducated you are or perhaps a little put out that reality hit and you realized you're really just watching Bleach with belts and zippers. Funny you should compare Bleach to DBZ/Naruto when Soul Eater is going down the same road and Square-Enix are the biggest whore to ever exist. They are all power-up fests.
You sound like a Bleach fangirl. And i am equating quality with the way it looks because i am watching it. If something looks godawful then i'm probably not going to watch it solely for it's story.