Sorceress... What is it good for?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Of course nobody can't go without anti casters. Whether it would be priests, breakers, destroyers, spirit walkers, spirit breakers, dryads or faerie dragons - each of these units need to be used wisely and effectively.

Even though anti-casters are important. You need to conserve their mana for battle, especially when you need to use things like Control Magic or Dispel.

If you want to dispel slow and morph, let the sorceress cast a few slows or polys. Then dispel it!! You can make her waste a hell load of mana, to a point where the only thing they can do is attack or wait.

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
I've found that Shees can be good and cheap anticasters sometimes, when your oponent only has a few casters, cause AMS prevents and also removes neg. buffs. But it's stupid to cast AMS on an enemy unit with a pos. buff, cause you will be giving the unit free magic immunity, thats the bad part of it, but it has saved me sometimes when I do the Howl/Curse combo.

BTW: Could someone please tell me what is the "barrage" ability, cause my WE is in spanish and I cant get the translation, thanx:)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
AMS doesnt make you immune to magic now, it just protects you from magic and spell damage up to 400. Before, it made you immune to it.

Barrage allows a Siege Engine to strike at air units with an attack that hits more than 1 target with missiles. Multiple tanks can easily gun down air.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Slow is very bad if you don't have any form of disabling. Same goes with Polymorph. Whenever I face Human, I get 1-2 destroyers (Unless going the basic fiend/Stat/Destro Build...) just to eat away nasty spells like those. :(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, even something basic like Shaman Purge can remove the polymorph. But bloodlust can help you counter the ias reduction from slow. If you do need to use Spirit Walkers, dispel first before you cast bloodlust.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Well, even something basic like Shaman Purge can remove the polymorph. But bloodlust can help you counter the ias reduction from slow. If you do need to use Spirit Walkers, dispel first before you cast bloodlust.

hellwolf, no offense man, but the shaman purge is not basic, is ***t. The only thing this unit has is bloodlust, wich yes, can counter slow.

Speaking of slow. Recently I've noticed in some 2v2 that against the orcs slow goes very very well with curse.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its basic in the sense its your basic form of dispel before you research Adept training on Spirit Walkers. Also, it is an offensive spell if someone is trying to run away from you, it can practically make a mini but more useful form of the raider's ensare on ground units.

Orc succumb to the de-buffs more than the other races, since you would need Spirit Walkers to effectively remove them. The real problem is, not many people get them.

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
It's true what you said, shees don't remove buffs anymore,So if you're facing casters with UD, the best option against them is a good nova/coil nuke, (If you dont have destros by that time), at least orcs have Chain, Shocwave, purge, or hex...
BTW: thanx for the barrage thing!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You have a little flying unit called the Destroyer, a truly nasty despeller who gains health and mana from enemy bloodlust and healing wards. Then uses this mana to add 20 damage to his attacks with a splash damage radius.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Spirit Walker usage to counter the effects of poly = LOL!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, call them idiots for not using anything else. Cause face it, Sorc without dispel can stop them for 60 seconds and Gryphons can just GG them if you have enough of them.

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
Actually Sorcs pwn with knights. Late at games i use sorcs with knights to slows the shit out of AA so i can storm in and slaughter em quicker, since theyre usually in the back. And Also it slows the attack speed, which is better.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but spirit walkers can dispel it and air could decimate the sorcs in seconds. Since you are using nothing but knights, you are boned.

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
While I play melee, I see no use for sorceress because they only cast slow, polymorph and invisibility. What I only see good to research is invisibility (you can cast it on a knight, which is fast enough to go out and come back) But then I think it sucks. Any good idea for her?
Sorcerres are perfect for melee since it slows down your enemies, and if they try to run away, theyll get the shit beaten out of them. Though i prefer priests at tier3 because of there innerfire to go with my melee. I see her better with range like rifles and sorcs. You dont need the priests for the the rifles since there range, and if your good, range wont be getting hit.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, against melee they are a force not to wreckon with. Or air for that matter.