Sorceress... What is it good for?

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
While I play melee, I see no use for sorceress because they only cast slow, polymorph and invisibility. What I only see good to research is invisibility (you can cast it on a knight, which is fast enough to go out and come back) But then I think it sucks. Any good idea for her?

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
Actually slow is very useful here is the why: Humans arent as fast as the other races they are more defensive, so this spell makes them move at your same speed or less. Its also cheap to stop enemies that are escaping. invisibilty is better used on heroes to harras or just to run away from a battle.
polymorph is brutal if your oponent doesnt have any anticaster, because it makes a powerfull unit into a useless and very slow stupid sheep.
The sorc and the necro are in my opinion the most versatile casters.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
che... sos de argentina tambien !! :D q groso

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fleeing enemy hero+slow=dead :)

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
ArMeD_SuRvIvOr said:
While I play melee, I see no use for sorceress because they only cast slow, polymorph and invisibility. What I only see good to research is invisibility (you can cast it on a knight, which is fast enough to go out and come back) But then I think it sucks. Any good idea for her?

We like her because of her sexy attitude.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
ArMeD_SuRvIvOr said:
Slow - The core of the sorceress' offensive spells. Especially against powerful units like tauren or knights. Most forms of t3 suck under these magical de-buffs, which can prove to be a useful combatant in many battles. This de-buff can be dispelled, but be sure to do it when enough units are affected by it. This can also help you chase down enemies or do something about raiders when you face orc. Be warned! DO NOT ATTEMPT SLOW ON SMART UD PLAYERS, Destroyers can eat teh slow and turn thier mana against you.

Invis - Scouting and micro effectively. You can send a fast moving cloaked unit like a knight or a hawk to see what your enemies are doing without them seeing your unit. Also you can use this to save a unit or hero that is going to die, so you can either heal him in cloaked form or keep him safe. I have even defeated focus firing noobs by leading them to my hero, cloaking it, then trapping thier own units within my own. Very funny especially when the idiot has no micro.

Polymorph - The ultimate de-buff when used properly. You can basically disable a unit for 60 seconds as long as they don't dispel it. Or your 220 mana would be for nothing. If you are facing like human, you can use siege to destroy the priests then begin the sheeping process. But the other problem is Dryads when facing Ne, since they usually auto dispel. Unless you rid them or thier 250 mana, your hard spent mana will be for nothing.

I myself have ran into this many times. But I carry shaman and spirit walkers for a reason. Since you can either purge off the sheep or just mass-dispell all the buffs. Which can be a problem since sorceresses need mana to combat enemies, otherwise: it is just 10-14 magic they can do!

According to Mystic Sorcerer's guide in facing Orc, he uses an army of casters to make up for thier ground strength advantage. With sorcs, you can sheep tauren or slow down the army, then use breakers to steal thier wards or bloodlust they tried to cast. But you will still need hardcore units like knights or gryphons to defeat them in these situations.

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
One thing humans do when going rifles vs undead is getting 1-2 sorcess b4 priests due to the harrass of the 2 heroes slow+slow stun surround...=tp or staff if he has it :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also to avoid that the fiends don't aim for your casters in the process.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Sorcs used to be used with mass rifles all the time. Slow from sorcs makes it like shooting ducks in a barrel for the rifles.

Invis is used with morts often. Called "Invisible Mortars" where you tech to that as fast as possible, make like a lot of mortars, make them invisible, walk to enemy town hall, and kill it...usually GG right there.

Polymorph, look for AKM replays. Also known as ANGRY_KOREA_MAN...he is infamous for his solo Bloodmage tech to mass sorcs for poly and shit.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I should look at his replays, considering he can beat an army by frying sheeps lolz.

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
dude
but take inm account that sorceress dies soooooooooooooo so its a good idea not to waste so much on it!!!! wat i always do to piss off people wo do casters is get my bm and do blade staorm kills them in like 4 secs and kills like six of them lol so u gotta be careful!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, I used to do that in FFA. Make my Blademaster go on a skirmish and slay a few casters while the rest of my men attack thier men. Afterwards, the blademaster goes unit or hero hunting. But you still have to be careful if you are going to try to Bladestorm, cause you can still be attacked pretty hard.

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

Reaction score
FeRN@n2 said:
Si, no conocés algun foro de wc3 acá en argentina o en españa?
www.3dgames.com.ar ahi tenes :D pero pienso q este esta lindo tambien y el ingles no me dificulta :p

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
holy **** armed survivor, i think ur sigs a little past the signature regulation....

tycflames

Reaction score
melee sorc? eek!? but if you must i'd say dream helm or shield and hm..fast wpn maybe crescentmoon or doom somthing like that

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You don't get what he is talking about do you, this is warcraft III not WoW.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
You don't get what he is talking about do you, this is warcraft III not WoW.
D2 noob :D.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hanyways, I use sorcery for the de-buffs to turn the tides oin battle. One gmae a guy massed wyrms, I used 5 sorcs and silenced his wyrms completely, then my SH (i had to control two people) hexed the 6th one. He didnt have dispel or dests so he was rendered useless. Then I used the rifles from the ally to kill the wyrms and my tauren/bm engaged the lousy death knights. Won the game.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I doubt you'll face an opponent who does NOT get anti casters. That's why I suggest you just focus on slow. Invis is only really useful to save a hero that's being focus fired, like the mage. Don't get too many sorcs because spells only work once. Throw in some priests.

Breakers are tough, but they cost a lot and don't do great damage against most units. They however are good against heroes and statues!