Some more wow info

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
One of my friends told me about a wow fansite chat, so I went to the channel and here are Blizzard's responses to commonlly asked questions about wow. Unfortunatlly I got there late so you only get the last 15 minutes or so of the chat :(

[7:51:53 PM] <Katricia> Player housing will not be available until after World of Warcraft has been released. Our plan is to add player housing in a future live update or expansion.
[7:52:14 PM] <Katricia> Our current idea (which could change) is to extend the cities to have player housing neighborhoods.
[7:52:35 PM] <Katricia> For example, in the canal area of Stormwind players can see a blue instance portal behind a large portcullis; this is the entrance to the player housing neighborhood in Stormwind.
[7:52:40 PM] Chat filters have been activated due to rejoin flooding. Deactivate them by pressing CTRL + F.
[7:52:40 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> We have about 10 minutes left in the chat so please begin posing your final questions.
[7:53:32 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> Are you still going to be adding testers to the current Beta Test?
[7:53:45 PM] <Katricia> Yes, we will continue to add new phases of testers as server capacity permits.
[7:54:03 PM] <Katricia> However, we don't have an ETA on when the next round of tersters will be added.
[7:54:12 PM] <Katricia> We'll be sure to announce further details as we have them.
[7:55:42 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> Is it the plan for all characters to be able to solo equally well, or will certain classes, such as the Warlock and the Hunter, be more suited for this style of playing?
[7:55:45 PM] <Katricia> We intend for every class to be able to advance through solo-play. However, it is possible that some classes will solo more effectively than other classes.
[7:57:22 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> Are guilds able to submit their own tabard designs?
[7:58:58 PM] <Katricia> We do not currently have any plans to add the ability for Guilds/Players to submit their own Tabard designs.
[7:59:18 PM] <Katricia> However, we did ask our fans to submit Tabard design suggestions. As a result, we now have over 200 Tabard choices available with the possibility of us continuing to add more choices later.
[7:59:50 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> What can you tell us about Hero Classes?
[8:02:38 PM] <Katricia> Hero Classes: After achieving the maximum level in the game, players will be able try to become a Hero Class.
[8:02:53 PM] <Katricia> Becoming a Hero will be very difficult and arduous, since you can only become a Hero until after maximum level, we do not plan to implement Hero Classes until after all of the game content is completed.
[8:03:51 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> Time's about up, so this will be the last question:
[8:05:30 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> Will there be any world events that are scripted like a larger scale Stitches quest in the beta or in retail?
[8:06:49 PM] <Katricia> Yes! We plan on having many world events in the game. One of the more epic quests that we plan to include before the end of Beta is the opening of the raid zone, Ahn'Qiraj.
[8:07:07 PM] <Katricia> During this event, a large number of players will need to ban together to challenge the defenders of the city
[8:07:28 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> Well, we'd like to thank everyone for attending the latest World of Warcraft Fan Site Chat. We hope we addressed all the questions that must have been plaguing your collective minds.
[8:07:38 PM] <Katricia> Thanks all :)
[8:07:48 PM] <GilS.PR@Blizzard> That's it folks. You all don't have to go home, but... we do! G'nite.

scouchpaper

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is there a eta for WoW?I didnt hear the date,but I was looking around one time,and I saw someone say the eta was pushed back,due to the beta's or something.

ArcticFrost

Member!
Reaction score
The release date is in Oct. i think nice info.But that still leaves out the question:How much are they going to charge to play online?

ArcticFrost

Member!
Reaction score
its kinda odd im quoting myself

Originally posted by ArcticFrost
The release date is in Oct. i think nice info.But that still leaves out the question:How much are they going to charge to play online?
the release date is Oct.15,2004 on Amazon.com for $50 you can preorder now for $45.(i sound like an advertisement but jus suplyin info for my fellow gamers)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Why did you just quote yourself not even 10 minutes later?

ArcticFrost

Member!
Reaction score
because i wanted to tell evry1 when the release date was when i knew exactly how to obtain that info

and every time i make a mistake u r always there..its weird...:lucifer