Solo Replays

Status
Not open for further replies.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Solo Replays

The purpose of this thread is to post solo replays here (if you want).

I will have my own rules just for myself. I am going to post only replays worth watching, wins or losses, tournament replays, players approx. lvl 30 +/- and should I match, vs top players and pros too. Criteria for a replay here for me will be :
- a long game, not a 5-minute-ownage/loss unless it is versus good level, player or in a pro clan.
- micro game and no lame strategies
- game with high apm, which actullay comes with the good game together.

General rules :
- Post any solo replays here, no matter for fun or not (instead of posting a solo replay on another thread)
- No flamming of members
- Ask for help in your solo replay if you want to.
- You can give a short description of your game if you want.
- You can post a link from another site if the replay is uploaded elsewhere and the link should be working.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
And here go the first replays. If you haven't seen my win vs this orc with stats 60: (28) solo, you can download it here:

http://www.replayers.com/download.php?id=49087&t=1139102555

This is a game vs lvl 29 which is nothing, i think he even sucked or i just raped him. He is from the once famous clan armaTeam [aT]. (memories of top players aT-Biatty, aT-Zubie ... etc). lmao Actually aT is still on the scene - ranked 27th (still having lvl 40 on 170 wins players) in the Northrend solo ladder but also a lot of newbies that had never been tehre when aT was famous. Im picking this clan then. And if they accept me,, OH YEAH!

And what's more I now remember, if Biatty and Zubie are not familiar, how about aT-Yoan now 4k^ToD, aT-FoV now 4K^Fov. I won't lie to you, this clan still has pros with crazy stats but there also newbs few even with mroe losses and so so the clan has faded but keeps the 27th i dont know why they let such newbs.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
So am I man.... (talking about the orc) but it was his aka- he sux vs hu? Sry i'd rather post replays vs ud wins not just how i can make nice surround kill lich and dk and eventually lose the game. Ahahaha do you know whats funny ? My orc partner watched a game vs ud (another game vs ud) and asked when dests got so imba ? Because he saw how i was owning ud until he got dests - then hawks and gyros died and gg me.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Gyros are a double edged sword when used vs destroyers. Since magic damage kills them but the guns do more damage to dest, especially when both of them can splash. Most of the time I am orc, so I use ensare to pin them to the ground or just hh them. This is why I never go bloodlust vs ud, I would get doctors to increase the life span of my units and also lay traps.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well... I will post 2 losses. When i am in shape i dont do stupid mistakes i play prett well but thats for me...

The first game is vs orc shaman of the clan pB. Plan-B is Swedish i think, I have seen it vs our top clans on the WC3L series. This is a long game on LT, both of us expo, I dont attack his expo until later, neither does he so we both make the units with our expoes set. Expos made us upg and add tier 3 units- he adds taurens and pults, i added knigths and 3rd hero. I didnt see well enough maybe because he revived taurens and the battles ended with 99 food limit for him when i was 85 then when i lost some units and was with 65 he still had 99. He alos makes another expand, which i cant check while having to defend my first. This time i decied not to add griffs because as good player he would have countered them since he had ensnare and that was enough not to say if he'd added bats.

2nd game is from the CoW tour and i think it will be the last game vs ud im posting in which i lose (unless it is pretty interesting and vs pro etc). He's from the clan TBP on Echo and we both play wthout expo. Some better plays are right....hu vs ud without expo...- because i lost units on another game in TR vs ud but still won with expo .So you will see mass chasing and until the final battle wher i lose my lvl 1 pala, the gyros and hawks, and guess what do i do with 2 knights 3 heroes no aa and he has dests and abom ithink...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I will watch them later today, don't worry bout the losses MS, we win some, we lose some.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
In one article in replayers.com one of our good players - the orc G2H.Sir_J posts a very good guide for tower rushes. And since i said orc shoudlnt make a TR vs human.... well this is another orc losing from me with pathetic try to TR he even adds wind riders to counter my casters but i have few gyros to counter his counter of my counter :)- i said it TRing human = gg orc, except for the casual TRs in which you have already won as sir_j says - only then.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hmm I should watch this, any replay with orc gets my attention!!!

Lets see, Tower rushing is not that hard to start, just keeping it a secret from a pro is difficult.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Heh I have never called myself pro, not even semi-pro , even in those bad threads. Im just an average player, no noob, no lamer because i use the top player's strats but sometimes i even add something of mine like - i never saw how they use scrolls of healing in the last 30 games vs orc ive watched i do it since it works vs wave+ lightning to save my casters. Also i never saw tops owning orcs with mortars and retraining to use blizzard. I sometimes do it since its better than getting your WEs dispelled by mass spirit walkers. And blizz and morts vs pults kicks the ass of mass spirits and pults asi i did in the game vs Sirius. But im just an average player and making lvl 30 soon doesnt make me more than average. If i have to make a scheme :

Players' Skills and their skill ranks
(throughout my opinion and i'm trying to be as precise as possible)​

-Noobs have no micro or it is very poor, dont use the correct strats, suck in all aspects of the game and are even unmannered . Their best lvls are from 1 to lvl 27 on 400 wins and more. Lvl 27 on 300-400 lol. And APM is below 100 and they just stay in the base with mass towers.

- I call lamers those who just win with non-standard strats, here goes the undead with dread lord 1st and mass surround becasue he can never surround a moving hero without sleep, and if that player still has the characteristics of the noobs mentioned above he can still be a noob. Stats may be that noobish but definitely not that of average players or above. 'Lamer' for me can be also Angry_Korea_Man, he may have better micro than total noobs but it still sucks, he uses lame strats so 'Lamer' can also mean not only low lvl but also higher lvl player with stupid stats. APM they can have or they may not.

- Average players is where i no longer belong - actually i am smth more than average lets say almost belong to the good and very good group. There are many players whose stats suck like mine - being almost lvl 30 on 200 wins is far not good. Averag-ers, have better micro than those below, but still not enough, still you lose units which as better you can save. Still you lose from many of the 30thies and get raped by 40ies but you beat 20ies. Some may have high APM of 170+ like i have 180+ and this is how one average-er is better than another averag-er. With faster actions in battles and as a whole a person with more APM and thus faster reactions can be better than another. But some may not have high apm and still win.

- Good players and very good ,I would say, are those who are above lvl 30 and can beat a lot of 30ies and maybe even 40ies. APM here can be high or low, but usually those with at least 130+ dominate. Others have like 170-180+

- Semi pro I think are now even 40ies who beat 30ies and 40ies and who knows - may even beat some top players but not of the best ! They always have high apm like 170-200 and above.

- If we have to differenrtiate them from ToP players, pro-s can be our best players from Bulgaria for instance, who are in top clans, beat some top players, play in WC3L, WEG and other smaller tourneys but are still not famous, not as good as top players. Same thing - awlays high apm of 170-200 and above.

-Top players well you know - they are the best and beat many other top players, win WCGs. There are almost now top players to be without very high apm of 200 +. Actually some azeroth players who dont have that high APM have at least 140-150 + which is also not bad but you will hardly see someone with below 100 even below 130.

NOTE that when i talk about stats and levels (you may say they dont mean so much especailly for lower lvls liek 20ies) i also mean players who have the skill of a very good player and thus for example - a pro may be 7:0 and he's lvl 7 but he beats lvl 40ies. Sure this means he can become easily lvl 40 if he plays, since he has the skill to beat 40ies.

Maybe someone else will give his opinion like if average are actually higher than i think ? But we're talking about solo and i think im exactly average.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Maybe someone else will give his opinion like if average are actually higher than i think ? But we're talking about solo and i think im exactly average.
I think that average changes quite a bit server by server. I was level 38 solo on Azeroth in fall 2004 when World of Warcraft came out, and I never considered myself above average. I think it is a bit harder to gain levels now, at level 38 my record was about 160 wins 135 loss.. That would at best get me to level 28-30 now I think. On Northrend maybe not even that high, probably more like level 25 even with no decay. Also I am not so sure that level is a reflection of skill, even as much as it was a year ago. There are plenty of people level 40+ and in the top 100 players on their server, who's record is not much better than 50% in solo.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. But you should know that Northrend is harder to play than Azeroth. What you have got lvl 38 for your stats is very very good. In northrend though you may find out that you won't have the same good stats as in Azeroth unless you're used to the harder server. But still there are many of our players - northrenders and they have stats like yours in azeroth. Wow lvl 34 in 90 wins or lvl 40 on 160-170 is insane.

But yes, the level alone is not refelction of skill - it matters how many wins and losses you have for this lvl like lvl 30 below 100 wins > lvl 30 on 170 -200 wins. There are factors like decay and inactiveness but we're not talking about that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is something different on my ud aka playing ud LOL. Ud mirror where i use what has to be used - 1st lich and pretty nice surroundings with ghouls and lich vs lich. Later though instead of makingthe standard mass gargs , i have to make aboms since he has fiends. When we make both tier3 i happen to lose my DK lvl 1 many time as if it matters because foV or Reset play only with lich no other heroes. And in the end gg lol. The 1st part with the harasses is the most interesting i think. My ud aka : Boreal1s

ChrisH36

Reaction score
MS said:
- Average players is where i no longer belong - actually i am smth more than average lets say almost belong to the good and very good group. There are many players whose stats suck like mine - being almost lvl 30 on 200 wins is far not good. Averag-ers, have better micro than those below, but still not enough, still you lose units which as better you can save. Still you lose from many of the 30thies and get raped by 40ies but you beat 20ies. Some may have high APM of 170+ like i have 180+ and this is how one average-er is better than another averag-er. With faster actions in battles and as a whole a person with more APM and thus faster reactions can be better than another. But some may not have high apm and still win.
This is how I define myself, but I am getting better and better with the help of 2on2, Solo games and solo replays. That's my problem though, I look good with the strats I state, but I can't execute them myself or when I try to, I get noobed in the face.

If you look at my record. I have suffered in all deptartments for reasons I can't control.

2on2: I get a noob on the team, I get disconnected, teammate gets disconnect, I get pwned by something stupid like mass chims. Or I get outnumbered. But that rarely happens!

Solo: I can survive a good deal. But I forget the obvious things and there are things I have done that are pretty stupid. But other games, I can pull it off for the win.

FFA: Don't get me started with this! I come in 2nd almost everytime. Half the time I get pwned by mass chims (all ne ffas do), air, or just retarded strategies. I can easily take down most opponents in this mode.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I made a 1vs1 'scale' and as for a RT scale i know you're between the noobs group and the good RTers group. I saw a lvl 42 RT ranked #9 but i have no idea how they play. I just play AT with mmy orc partner who is soloer and i prefer soloers. I would play with a RTer AT only if he's at least lvl 28 or more. As for lvls 35- 42+RT that would be people i can absolutely count on for a team game.
I made 1 RT game 2v2 just to have the exp box of RT games in my profile. My part a noob ud who at least knew to build more fiends (he was French so he didnt even call them fiends but understood only "spiders"). I made mortars, casters, I had to make invis so that his hero doesnt die, i had to mkae dispel because i saw he didnt move away fiends with lightning shield oh lol. I had to make morts because the other 2 massed hunts - 2 elves. In fact, that nap was lucky to play with me. He didnt even give me shared control.... It's good i would just make few RT games, i play AT but RT really sucks.

As for FFA, i have played several games ended with stats like 2:3 (2:4 with disc) and another aka - 3:3. For FFA i always get 3 heroes, no rifles but casters and knights, tanks as aa vs dests and always fe. You know that unlike this noob custom games where they make 12 players FFA, the ladder does not have more than 4 players. Should the game become 1vs1, if he's not good in solo, gg. Which means i should play some FFAs to add the FFa games experience box. I just have a strat that works with ground because mass hawks = gg vs ud u know, not to say mass griffs. Chims ? For human that is tanks and gyros and hawks, heal the knigths and kill his hero at that time. Vs orc griffs and hawks still isnt so good. I would just have to cope with ground strat again. And i havent watched any top FFA games it's very relative how you will play in FFA. I made it myself, maybe you should think of the same as an orc, smth that works vs all. Twisted Meadwos - i like this map and it is a map for solo, 2v2 AT and FFA. I posted a FFA win on TM but i think you've seen it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Indeed, Twisted Meadows is a fun 2on2 AT map. Back when me and Dream_Walker ATed we once played that map. It was OrcvsNe mirror and we had to play a game of tug of war with the enemy grunts and hunts. Tug O War scenarios are a bad habit to get a game into, cause then the pressure is all about if you can push them back without behing pushed back yourself. Eventually, Greg pulled off his tech and we managed to completely devastate them.

But I am more of a Lost Temple fan, considering how easy it is to fast expo (with Mystic and his 2 foots, AM, WE and militia or my Fs, 2 Grunts and 2 wolves with a peon following) and the fact you have many options of taking the map (either by conquer the middle or harass).

But I would also like to thank you Mystic for your replays and stuff. I have gotten back to human and using some of the strats and my way of defeating opponents, I rarely ever lose to lack of micro or being outnumbered. I just need to work on keeping the units alive for the maximum effects :).

Mystic_Sorcerer said:
For FFA i always get 3 heroes, no rifles but casters and knights, tanks as aa vs dests and always fe. You know that unlike this noob custom games where they make 12 players FFA, the ladder does not have more than 4 players. Should the game become 1vs1, if he's not good in solo, gg.
Yeah the human is a mix of different units used to battle other races. A mixture of sheer power, spellcraft, and anti air. The problem is dealing with the tanks while other units are fighting. Other than that, I carry Spirit Walkers (about 2-3) along with my party to mass-dispel slow and polymorph when they have used up a hefty amount of thier mana. Because with the 100 I use on one Sw, I waste ~200-300 of a Sorceresses mana supply. Causing them to only slow for the remainder of the battle. So timing is everything as well, I know this because I was like 6-3 in FFA before the ladder reset.

Most of the time, I have started with a blademaster so I also use him to destroy the sorcs from behind and use healing potions and re-wind walk to escape conflicts. You do know this by now Mystic that even the little things can have big differences in battle.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mystic Sorcerer said:
In one article in replayers.com one of our good players - the orc G2H.Sir_J posts a very good guide for tower rushes. And since i said orc shoudlnt make a TR vs human.... well this is another orc losing from me with pathetic try to TR he even adds wind riders to counter my casters but i have few gyros to counter his counter of my counter :)- i said it TRing human = gg orc, except for the casual TRs in which you have already won as sir_j says - only then.
Lol awesome game. I can tell you that the guy wasnt a noob! Good job...

- I call lamers those who just win with non-standard strats, here goes the undead with dread lord 1st and mass surround becasue he can never surround a moving hero without sleep, and if that player still has the characteristics of the noobs mentioned above he can still be a noob. Stats may be that noobish but definitely not that of average players or above. 'Lamer' for me can be also Angry_Korea_Man, he may have better micro than total noobs but it still sucks, he uses lame strats so 'Lamer' can also mean not only low lvl but also higher lvl player with stupid stats. APM they can have or they may not.
LAMERS?!?! cmon...they are trying NEW STRATS! Angry korea man is awesome. He is the only person that tries different strats. He shows that YOU CAN WIN WITH INNOVATION! The game gets really boring when the same strats are used. When some one does something different he gets an advantage because the enemy is not expecting it and isnt used to it!

Ok look how this guy uses his BM...I WAS AMAZED! AWESOME! DO YOU CALL THIS LAMER? or awesome micro...Its always nice to see something different once in a while...;)...This guy is CREATIVE!

http://www.replayers.com/index.php?action=view&id=35797

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The game can be played and won in different ways. Just some people don't play it crafty or even with innovation!

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey hey hey
Here is the latest game I played versus another human. The other guy was very good IMO. I played very well except for the part where i go too arrogant and sent all my units into his base.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey hey, i seem to keep to my word to post only better replays unlike before where i posted reps too often, some not worthy enough to be watched at all. Thats why i was not these days in Bfs but i will watch reps i have missed quik.

Now, i just want to tell you how i deleted a replay vs elf on LT (and im glad cause he wasnt even an elf player). I did it soo good to fast expand, make towers, kill 1 huntress and be prepared with rifles vs hunts before teching to tier 2, then killing his expo and tp-ing. Then I made the biggest shit to move my AM in his units and when they killed him, i had to retreat, i lost my MK then the 2 knights i had. But expanding continued and eventually we ended with AM lvl 3, MK lvl 2 , PL 1 vs DH 5 and Warden 5, 100 food vs 100 food knights +casters+ few gyros vs bears + dryads + few chims and i lost smth every time i didnt even know how i lost. Maybe i was too passive, no attacking for a long time,,,, whateevr.

MAN here are the latest news, that i call my statst noobish you know. However, i was close to lvl 30 then it started with mass losses and discs when winning so my experinece now is very low in lvl 29. I may match with higher levels and if not, i match with lvl 7 -20s with 0 losses so it's the same i cant even restore my wins. But thats Northrend, i wanted to play vs pros and ppl from pro clans where here it is with players from pB, uSk and other pro clans and i have games vs such.

Here is a game vs a pro with 37 : 16 elf from clan usk or might have been in it =/= Schroet Kommando [SK]. It's not just a loss -it's a long game with failed attempts to TR the elf,i killed some of his expoes but eventually he has more food limit with the bears and even after getting the first 1-2 knighs he still had more. I think it was VERY INTERESTING! He was also forced to tp in some battles so this is 2-sided i would say ! But instead of wasting the space here, here is the link to the replay itself, the page with it, pls dl it from there if you're to see the replay.

http://www.replayers.com/download.php?id=52609&t=1141336347 or if link changes go to this page:
http://www.replayers.com/?action=view&id=52609

WOOOOW !!!! I once again say higher apm doesnt determine the better player but for this long game i had the pro apm of 206 and this ismy new record !!!!! And this is not from spamming, i use the same speed of selections as when i had 160-170. I think it's from controlling every unit or groups of units during battles etc. If i have to make a graph of my apm, im :

APM : |||||||||| 9/10
whereas 10/10 is only from 220 + .... +300 and above since most of the tops get over 200-220.

Lets say he was not noob, but i think BM was lame yes, what about casters without brill ? Thats what i mean. And i have convinced myself how a crazy orc would rape the rifles. If i play vs newb orc i can still win with the old no longer used mass rifles + casters strat vs orc ground even vs 1-2 taurens . Well the useage of rifles especially if he saw the orc was massing wind riders i dont call lame. I would also use rifles if he masses winds. But the orc was fool to mass winds when hu has alreday rifles.Too many WHOAs for the hu rifles. I do rifles as a counter vs wind riders that he would use to counter my casters only when i have no chance with gyros although sometimes before he has bats it works. He did well with using banish but when the orc is dumb what do u expect ? A better orc would rape this hu with these rifles and LOL no casters im telling you. :)

Btw i saw a replay of Fear LOL. In 2003 when i played azeroth RT i aksed fear to play vs him. He said 'sorry i wont play u'. Thats funny as if i jked with him like being a RTer wanted to play him LOL. I knew Fear as the top Hu azeroth player, i thought to be the 1st person with Jaina icon and so many games. I thought he was the best Hu in the world. What a shame, i didnt even know Northrend, Inso exactly won the WCG 2003 and it was in the end of that year that i heard of our player for the 1st time. Unlike Tod who has never won WCG and now they think he;s that good. So to be back, now that i know Inso and the other top players i laughed at Fear when i saw his rep. He no longer plays but wow now i look at him with anotehr sight now that i know so many players beter than him.

Nice game you have made vs human. He was good too. Nice battles maybe you see how you lost your heroes in the end. But as whole nice game. He uses the FL just like i do. When i aattck his militia and he attacks mine i always lose so i tp to protect my workers no matter if i have killed some of his or not.
There is 1 player - JwP.Hater who always beats me with mass priests and sorcs and attacks all the time. I decided a long time ago not to let tier 2 even with sorcs to beat tier 3 when i have morts and blizz and 'we will see how cool these mass casters' are vs tier 3, 3 heroes no matter that fewer units. Mass dispel and you dont even need mass breakers to counter mass sorcs.

Also remember how you won 2 times with expo. When i made another losses from hu fe-ing and orc who loses all the time and makes an army again and again and when i see that he alredy has another army... i put it as a rule to follow for expand evreywhere and everything and i really dont miss to see an expand from now on, oh yeah stricyl following, as in the replay vs uSk, 1 missed 1 expo but found all 3-4 others so it is still careful following for expos. So it is for mass wind riders.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmm...Nice game. Very good micro man! Bears and dryads are so annoying. It is such a tough combination to beat...This strat takes a lot of micro to beat and the RIGHT HUMAN UNITS! Why do you get discs? I rarely get them but when i do i smash the pc! Is your internet crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.