TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Howling Fjord entrance:

The most beautiful place I've ever seen in WoW:

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I guess that's about as beautiful it will get. WoW's graphics are pretty sub-standard nowadays (Hell, even when it first came out).

EDIT: I saw a more beautiful moment while playing Fallout 3; I detonated an atomic bomb and watched from afar the carnage it wrought.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Maybe they are sub-standard, but that's as much as my poor computer can handle :(:(

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
THat looks like that I see every day, minus the northern lights.

I started in Borean Tundra. Only played two hours so far and am at Photoshop class now :(.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Not really, but when you first go through the Dark Portal and see that giant battle with the demons it's hard to beat that. However, I think its going to get cooler as we progress further.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Man i'm so bored i want to play it, buuuut i don't think i want to go down that road again :(

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Screw that, get WAR and play it with me.

That, or I'm canceling it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I didn't really like WAR. It's good, but it's very much incomplete.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
If people did the open RvR it would be amazing. But people hardly ever do the open RvR, partially because it's supposed to take weeks if not months to get the t4 stuff.

Err, let me explain. The game has 6 races, with 3 basic story hubs. One's High Elf vs Dark Elf, one's Human vs Chaos, one's Dwarves vs Greenskin. Each of those 3 story hubs has 4 tiers in it, which is basically the zones. Except it would be more akin to 1-15 on WoW being t1, 16-30 on t2, 31-45 on t3 and 46-60 on t4. Each tier has it's own "open RvR" objectives, getting progressivly more badass. The first one are these little beacons you stand on, the t2 has the same 4 little beacons, but also 2 decent sized keeps per zone, the t3 keeps the same 4 beacons and the same 2 decent sized keeps, and adds 2 bigass keeps to them (have to fight down 3 giant walls with rams, and then about 100 ncp's before getting to the keep lords), and t4 is....well...

It starts like this. In the t4 zone is your 'major city' for your faction. Each major city has 5 or 6 chokepoints that they control through various keeps or beacons. When you start the real "endgame" of WAR, it's basically just fighting for control of the other major city. The thing is, it takes weeks to get to the point where you can finally attack the major city, and if you do end up taking it over, it essentially kills that side of the server for a few days while the main city is 'rebuilt'.

It's an amazing design in theory, but the fact that they have about 60 servers, 90% of which are low/low-mid pop servers at PEAK hours, and that theres only a handful of 40's (max level) on each server (about 30), it hardly ever gets done.

Oh, and their brilliant idea for "fixing" the server problem is letting people transfer from their old server to brand new servers. Except it was on a 1:1 ratio, so it just split most of the servers even more.

Still, it's a really fun game and if we could get a group of 3 or 4 of us, we could easily rip around until at least the end of t3 without much troubles.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well looks like they just need more players at higher levels, and that'll just take time.

astevn816

BANNED
Reaction score
Website
www.worldofwarcraftquesthelp.net
If people did the open RvR it would be amazing. But people hardly ever do the open RvR, partially because it's supposed to take weeks if not months to get the t4 stuff.

Err, let me explain. The game has 6 races, with 3 basic story hubs. One's High Elf vs Dark Elf, one's Human vs Chaos, one's Dwarves vs Greenskin. Each of those 3 story hubs has 4 tiers in it, which is basically the zones. Except it would be more akin to 1-15 on WoW being t1, 16-30 on t2, 31-45 on t3 and 46-60 on t4. Each tier has it's own "open RvR" objectives, getting progressivly more badass. The first one are these little beacons you stand on, the t2 has the same 4 little beacons, but also 2 decent sized keeps per zone, the t3 keeps the same 4 beacons and the same 2 decent sized keeps, and adds 2 bigass keeps to them (have to fight down 3 giant walls with rams, and then about 100 ncp's before getting to the keep lords), and t4 is....well...

It starts like this. In the t4 zone is your 'major city' for your faction. Each major city has 5 or 6 chokepoints that they control through various keeps or beacons. When you start the real "endgame" of WAR, it's basically just fighting for control of the other major city. The thing is, it takes weeks to get to the point where you can finally attack the major city, and if you do end up taking it over, it essentially kills that side of the server for a few days while the main city is 'rebuilt'.

It's an amazing design in theory, but the fact that they have about 60 servers, 90% of which are low/low-mid pop servers at PEAK hours, and that theres only a handful of 40's (max level) on each server (about 30), it hardly ever gets done.

Oh, and their brilliant idea for "fixing" the server problem is letting people transfer from their old server to brand new servers. Except it was on a 1:1 ratio, so it just split most of the servers even more.

Still, it's a really fun game and if we could get a group of 3 or 4 of us, we could easily rip around until at least the end of t3 without much troubles.
Sounds very complex, I think I'll stick with Wow.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It's a lot to take in at first, but the first 10 levels slowly introduce you into everything, and as you get higher and higher in levels everything slowly is unfolded.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
shit guys I should start playing wow again