So, I got WC3 for Christmas...q/a

prj

Reaction score
Oh lol

Yeah a lot people who do play human are hard to beat, but then there are those who just mass towers and we all know how pathetic/annoying it can be doing that strat :(

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Towers aren't worth crap in WC. I don't even consider putting them up. Not like NE have too but when I see someone put towers up I laugh. Even I know that aren't worth nuts. Humans for seeing the invisible maybe, but who uses Shade?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
Towers aren't worth crap in WC. I don't even consider putting them up. Not like NE have too but when I see someone put towers up I laugh. Even I know that aren't worth nuts. Humans for seeing the invisible maybe, but who uses Shade?
Might want to rethink that...

UD's shade are essential, almost everyone Ive played used them near the mid-game,

and once again, towers arent worthless, for example, you might not want to run in with your huntresses when orc or human have their towers up.... towers rape huntresses.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
As Mike clearly stated, you should re-consider that. Arcane Towers drain mana per shot, causing the harassing heroes to lose mana while they try a harass on your militia.

And one tower alone can keep a hero and some units occupied long enough for your army to move in for a defensive strike. Especially if the tower is a Ancient Protector (if you do hunt build, by the time your Hunters Hall is done and your AoW is constructed, you will have a tower up).

prj

Reaction score
:)

Although I don't recall anybody I've played that uses a shade (but then again how would i know lol), but towers are great to provide your troops with backup... Also ORC towers have the highest range so don't be surprised if you see somebody Tower Rush you if they are ORC... Human towers though are probably second best since you can upgrade their armor and HP ;):lovedup

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also, Orc towers have the fastest attack speed, but do ok damage. Human towers will take a while because you need to upgrade them. But multiple peasents can store them up.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
All Wisps on Gold
Queue Wisps
Use 1 to create moon well
Next wisp creates altar.
Order them both on wood when done. In the meantime, get some more wisps queued and put them on wood. When you hit 100 wood, build Hunter's Hall. Then at 60 wood, build AoW. This will give you instant hunts the moment your AoW comes up. If you need to. After HH is built, build an Ancient Protector near enterance and wisps mining wood to protect your base and these guys from harassers. Get hunts on the fly, rally pointing to your hero. After you hit ~200 wood and some hunts, tech main.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I watched this one replay where this guy got the Dark Ranger right before he upgrade his Tree and then got the Huntress and a bunch of archers. If done correctly you can begin creeping very early on. I'm working on using that technique. It seems to be fairing well.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
I watched this one replay where this guy got the Dark Ranger right before he upgrade his Tree and then got the Huntress and a bunch of archers. If done correctly you can begin creeping very early on. I'm working on using that technique. It seems to be fairing well.
too bad dark ranger kinda sucks and is easily killed =/

PauseBreak

Reaction score
He used it, and it worked pretty well. And when I said Huntress I totally meant Priestess of the Moon: PotM
Anyway, Starcraft is superior. There I said it.

_JaKE

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Also, Orc towers have the fastest attack speed, but do ok damage. Human towers will take a while because you need to upgrade them. But multiple peasents can store them up.
orcs towers are abused in many cases, by doing a little something we called towering...

wow i havnt posted in warcraft for a while, its cus ive played it so long i got bored :(

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
warcraft is sc with slower units and slower reaction time. sc is superior but warcraft is actually a pretty good game

begin hero harassing. if your heroes gonna die flee. then come back again with more units.

something i found out while playing was that you dont need to creep. just killing enemy units is a much better way to get exp

btw its not very good to make too much archers remember that. the area effect spells really kill. and dryads are pretty crap and only useful in small amounts.

get bears, they are really good.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
AZN_FLEA said:
warcraft is sc with slower units and slower reaction time. sc is superior but warcraft is actually a pretty good game

begin hero harassing. if your heroes gonna die flee. then come back again with more units.

something i found out while playing was that you dont need to creep. just killing enemy units is a much better way to get exp

btw its not very good to make too much archers remember that. the area effect spells really kill. and dryads are pretty crap and only useful in small amounts.

get bears, they are really good.
true, but if you dont creep at all, you'll never get any items.

_JaKE

Reaction score
dryads are amazing aa though asist them with bears, besides its all anccient of lore anyway.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
_JaKE said:
dryads are amazing aa though asist them with bears, besides its all anccient of lore anyway.
thing is you dont need them in mass, they are useful, but its best to keep their numbers 4 max, or less.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
pan said:
DR sucks in all situations, except with undead.
I used her as my 3rd hero in FFA with Orc. Silencing heroes and casters for ~40 seconds is kinda a good thing to have! But then again, getting Dark Arrow is stupid. Life Drain and Silence are the only moves I use on her, I don't even use Dark Arrows.

Also if you mass dryads, the enemy will have more siege and piercing to kill them with. And believe me, going dryads vs. Frag shard morts isn't fun at all.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
DR is bad? I love having the summons. Just makes more to kill and more of a hassel. I think its an awesome move. And for creeping, taking out a lvl 2 or 3 is easy and to get a little extra support killing that lvl 4 isn't a bad thing.