So, I got WC3 for Christmas...q/a

Shaggy.2Dope

Agna Deus, Qui tollis peccata uni
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
N_LeGenD) said:
please shut up, all races are equally good, if he chose NE, he'll go NE, he can change his mind when he is used to the gameplay + tactics.

as mid late unit, I personally dont like NE's air units that much, so I go all ground with mixes of units from ancient of lore and maybe Druid of talon/archers.

Archers are only useful against air units... i found them pretty much useless against ground ones. Huntresses dominate tier 1 untill the enemy starts massing units like rifle man, or crypt fiends, and when they do that, you should probly hit from the behind.

well then agian, I dont really play WC that much anymore :rolleyes
yo i dont care, i got freedom of speech about that, plus orc strategies are easier.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
pan said:
If you want to know what it feels like to have your ass handed to you, I can brush off the dust and you can take a swing at me. I can give you some real time in game tips if you prefer.
I'm up for that.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Believe me, he has broken many spirits. But no matter how much I get his ass kicked by him, he will never break mine :).

PauseBreak

Reaction score
^^ I'll also play with you when I see you on.

UPDATE:

I now have tried using the Moon Goddess or whatever that girl rides on her cat thing is, with a bunch of archers and dryads? Man, they got slaughtered against ground units. Plus my Hero isn't as good as Warden. Its a support unit while the Warden could take on the entire game herself.
I am unimpressed with this initual showing. Maybe I can find a better combo.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
does anyone remember the good ol days when you could actually ancient rush a player? or haunt their mine early game?(ud...:D)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
^^ I'll also play with you when I see you on.

UPDATE:

I now have tried using the Moon Goddess or whatever that girl rides on her cat thing is, with a bunch of archers and dryads? Man, they got slaughtered against ground units. Plus my Hero isn't as good as Warden. Its a support unit while the Warden could take on the entire game herself.
I am unimpressed with this initual showing. Maybe I can find a better combo.
what you should do is always get melee heros for first (DH, Warden)

POTM (your 'moon goddess') is probly fit as 3rd or 2nd hero, hell I dont even use her!

and yes, good ol days when hunts had medium armor :)

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Do the night elves have any early melee units that could used with the Warden or DH? NE seems so ranged, and all the time. lol

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
hunts and archers, and when the melee units get close to you, either hide (if its night time) or run back and wait for reinforcements.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
Do the night elves have any early melee units that could used with the Warden or DH? NE seems so ranged, and all the time. lol
just use hunts, in tier 2 tehres bears that could heal your heros and units and fight. (rejuvation) Its best to go tier 3 real quick so that you cna use bears to their fullest power. (bear form)

you'll only need few dyrads, because they're mostly used for slowing down runners, or abolishing magics (2~4?)

In tier 1, hunts shouldnt have any problemsn with melee units, when massed in numbers 4++, hunts can easily beat melees when used correctly, their only weaknesses are heavy ranged units in tier 1. (aka Rifleman, crypt fiends)

And always focus fire on a unit, instead of pressing a to the ground or w/e,

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ntrik said:
you'll only need few dyrads, because they're mostly used for slowing down runners, or abolishing magics
Be careful on how many unarmored style units you make. Siege artillery is thier greatest weakness, especially against fully upgraded morts.

prj

Reaction score
Ideas

Well a lot of people like to go with Priestess of the Moon and hunts since she has the trueshot aura, and usually go with 2 Ancients of War to pump out, but for this to work, just build 1 and harass for a bit while getting hunts from the first, then after a few hunts come out build another hope the opponent doesn't rush... A tatic you gotta beware about with all races against Night Elf is incase you do happen to go just mass melee then watch out for mass flying which could kill you... And btw what server are you since I will play a game or two with ya :)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
prj said:
Well a lot of people like to go with Priestess of the Moon and hunts since she has the trueshot aura, and usually go with 2 Ancients of War to pump out, but for this to work, just build 1 and harass for a bit while getting hunts from the first, then after a few hunts come out build another hope the opponent doesn't rush... A tatic you gotta beware about with all races against Night Elf is incase you do happen to go just mass melee then watch out for mass flying which could kill you... And btw what server are you since I will play a game or two with ya :)
Bad thing here would be that once POTM is gone, hunts are pretty damn vulnerable, and shes not a hard hero to kill.

and that strat would be best fit only against NE mirrors, not against any other races...

PauseBreak

Reaction score
prj said:
And btw what server are you since I will play a game or two with ya :)
Azeroth(USEast) PauseBreak

I'm really finding out that this takes a lot more skill than I thought. This isn't your good old days of WC2 or SC for that matter. Heros really effect the game. And Its hard for me to micromanage more than 2 heros; which I see a lot of! Undead seems to be very balanced and difficult to beat. I've lost plenty times against UD hitting the ground pretty hard.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
Azeroth(USEast) PauseBreak

I'm really finding out that this takes a lot more skill than I thought. This isn't your good old days of WC2 or SC for that matter. Heros really effect the game. And Its hard for me to micromanage more than 2 heros; which I see a lot of! Undead seems to be very balanced and difficult to beat. I've lost plenty times against UD hitting the ground pretty hard.
literally UD should be your hardest opponent when your NE (most of the time anyways) soooo good luck :hxc

and yea... heros are probly the dominant factor in the game, its easy to say GG when your level 6, 5 heros die in battle...

prj

Reaction score
Yes heroes usually make a big difference but the most annoying thing is if they force fire your heroes :(, for some people its easy to but for others like myself its hard to steer them away and all, anybody have any good tips for avoiding that?

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I'm sure heros are a big target and usually are the first, if not the second, to be cut down. The Humans, with the auras, are just terrible!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
prj said:
Yes heroes usually make a big difference but the most annoying thing is if they force fire your heroes :(, for some people its easy to but for others like myself its hard to steer them away and all, anybody have any good tips for avoiding that?
Don't leave your heroes too open for these strategies. For those who do it too much that they will most likely NOT micro. Take this to your advantage, because you can get some of his men trapped in yours or kill off most of them, while still having your hero safe.

prj

Reaction score
I'm sure heros are a big target and usually are the first, if not the second, to be cut down. The Humans, with the auras, are just terrible!
The humans aren't terrible you gotta find a good strategy with them against each race like usually against ORC they lack with air so if the game lasts that long try and get a few Gryphs... Usually the Intel based heroes are nuked first cuz of the low HP, and so on

PauseBreak

Reaction score
prj said:
The humans aren't terrible you gotta find a good strategy with them against each race like usually against ORC they lack with air so if the game lasts that long try and get a few Gryphs... Usually the Intel based heroes are nuked first cuz of the low HP, and so on
I'm sorry, by terrible I meant terribly hard to beat. My bads. The Humans are very good, and probably one of the better civs.

Today I watched some replays. It did improve my game a little bit more. :) My use of heros have gone up 200% :D