Smiter Build Guide

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Since alot of people are asking for builds, gear, ect. for Smiters, I figured I would make one. So here it goes.

Stats:
Strength - 90
Dexterity - 125 (at lvl 99 with suggested gear, charms ect this will be enough)
Life - All the rest
Energy - wont need it

Skills: (Slvl of 86 to max)
Smite - 20
Holy Shield - 20
Fanaticism - 20
Defience -20
Holy Bolt - 1
Blessed Hammers - 1
Charge - 1
Concentration - 1
Blessed Aim - 1
Might - 1

This leaves 24 points unused (including quests from Den, Izzy, Summit, for all 3 difficulties) if you get to lvl 99. You can put the remaining points into whatever you want to use, but, depending on the main goal of the build it might vary.

Some examples:
For PvP (Player vs Player) Charge would be useful to lvl up
For Questing 4 into Zeal (for max number of hits) and rest into Sacrifice (you have the build for the most part why not, good against mobs. Sacrifice adds more damage to zeal then Zeal does leveling up itself)
Uber Runs Same as questing IMO
MF(Magic Find) Runs Don't bother use a Sorc, or Hammerdin

Other useful skills:
Redemption: 1 point (since you can't leech this may come in handy)
Salvation: 1 point (only if you do not have max resists)
Fist of Heaven: 1 point (for those nasty but rare Physical Immunes)
Vengence: 1 point (again for the immunes)

Merc: (optional)
Some character builds, a merc is almost as important as the gear it wears, this however, I don't see it as much as a issue. The only time a merc is needed is when you first begin to lvl since you will not be able to lifetap. Some suggestions on mercs could be as such.

Act 3 Merc: Using the Dream and/or Dragon stackable combo on a fire or lightning merc.
Act 2 Holy Freeze Merc: Using Pride for Concentration Aura, Gaze or Andy Helm, Fortitude or Chains of Honor Armor.
Act 1 Cold Rouge: Wrath Bow for Lifetap/Decep Curse or Faith Bow, Stone Armor, Gaze or Andy Helm

Gear:
Helm - Guillaume's Face Umed, (Crushing Blow) Crown of Ages
Armor - Chains of Honor
Weapon1 - Grief Phaseblade
Weapon2 - Call to Arms
Shield1 - Exile Vortex (Etheral)
Shield2 - Spirit Monarch
Belt - Nosferatu's Coil, Verdungo's Hearty Cord,
Boots - Gore Rider (Crushing Blow)
Gloves - Dracul's Grasp (Lifetap)
Amulet - Highlord's Wrath, (only if max resists) Metalgrid (for added def), Mara's Kaleidoscope (+2 skills and resists)
Ring(s) - Manald Heal, Stone of Jordan, Raven Frost, and/or Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band

Charms:
9x Lion Branded, (Pally Combat Charms) Pally Torch, Annihilus, resist/life small charms.

Beginning lvl Gear:
Sigon Set (chipped skull in armor and helm, chipped diamond in shield) with Khalims Flail* (flail, heart, eye, brain) as your weapon.
* DO NOT USE THE FLAIL PAST HIGH COUNCIL QUEST OR THE FLAIL WILL VANISH
Khalims Flail should be always on a mule to use for any melee character at lvl1. This flail does duel leech, lightning damage, and insane attack speed.

Any errors, questions, other ideas. IM me. Thank you and hope this helps.

Reaction score
Heh..not bad....try some other builds looks like cover everything

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I noticed that alot of people asked for smiter builds as well. Good job on making one.

The only problem I have is that the equipment Sheild 2 says to use a spirit monarch (which is the highest str-req item you would be using with your build). If your highest str-req item is 156 (monarch), you can use a paladin sheild from a normal or exceptional sheild and that would be much less than 156. This doesn't make a difference if you are going for a Crown of Ages though, because that is like 196 strength.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Like I stated with the dex stat, with the gear and charms, you will have no problem using any of the gear suggested. So the 156 for a monarch is doable.

Anni (10-20 stats) Coh (20 str) Guillaume's Face (15 str) Dracul's Grasp (10-15 str) Gores (-15% requirements) Maras (5 stats) Torch (11 stats)

This alone is 156 right their.

CoA is also doable, it's just a matter of prefference. I can add that in too I guess.

EDIT: Added CoA in the helms.

CackSlop

Reaction score
Awesome....great referance.

Only problem is finding an eth exile for less than 8 hrs lol.