SMC700ABR router = lan? No Lan?

Private-Spock

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey guys.. (First post here :D)

Heres my problem. I have just gotten my 3rd computer and I hooked it up to my SMC700ABR router.....

First off my new comp can't go IPX but my others can..
I can only go UDP and when I create the other computers can't see my game...

Can anyone help me about this specific problem..

What ports need to be open (If any?) Do I need to set a setting or what? Please reply because I would be happy to get this problem fixed

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
R u gay put this in the void this is not realited to sc at all i hope i figet with u comp so much that it blows up in ur face!

Private-Spock

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well as a matter of fact people like you should have their nutz (if any) and should be boiled till they look like your moms....

Shit disrespect is unwelcome for me and whats the point???

O YEAH BY THE ****ING WAY THIS IS RELATED TO STARCRAFT!!!!!!!

Can anyone be kind enough besides SIMPLEPLANASS over here, help me resolve this problem?

That would be great cause my buds cant play lan with each other on STARCRAFT

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Have you made sure all computers have an assigned IP address? Go in the command prompt and type:

ipconfig <enter>

That should show you your current network IP address, and localhosts.

If all the computers are using pre-assigned IPs, go into your network settings, and be sure all computers are running on the same network name, with different network IDs assigned to each client.

That is the complex solution however. I would recommend doing the following first:

- Go into the command prompt for each computer

-
Type: ipconfig /release <enter>
(this should take a few moments before completely disconnecting the computer from the network.)

- Type: ipconfig /renew <enter>
(this should take a few moments before restoring the computer on the network. It will reassign that computer a new IP given by the router so the clients should recognize each other if on the same network.)

I'm not sure how networking savvy you are, so if you have any problems, please let me know and I'll walk you through step-by-step soon. Sorry about SimpleplanROCKS... he's not a very nice guy at times and needs to chill out. I think he's just jealous that he has no clue what we're talking about though ;)

wkdentns

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cool never knew that I network my pc by using some sor of my network ip and share my friend did for me... not sure how it works... Wat i know connecting with a hub and networking is the eaisyest way ^_^

Private-Spock

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks a lot cortalos and I know what your saying and I have done it many times and its just I haven't done it to every computer in order soooo maybe I'll try it again when no one is using them :p I'll get back to you if I have any problems. Thanks again :D

O YEAH SIMPLEPLANrocks

This is how you spell "realited"

related