Skill in D3

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
One thing that always bugged me about d2 was that it was based more on how long you played it. I dont know how you would do this but I would like to have more skill needed in d3 to become "Godly"...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
All games are like that. The more you play them, the more experience and skill you gain, thus making you more and more godly.

You cant just start the game as godly.

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
Thats true but in games like WCIII and UT2004 you dont have to spend hours in baal runs or days in trade rooms to lvl up or get good items. In D2 if you have good caricter then you can own anyone. thare is not really any skill needed for D2, just time.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Theres plenty of skill needed in d2, however, after a while, people don't realize the skill in it, and take it for granted.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
If there were more quests, to get quest-only items (randomly generated, and maybe some quests that everyone could get) I think that would make the items a little more useful. Seeing as everyone takes the quest system for granted (doing only the stat/skill quests, and forge) and neglecting the other ones.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I like having to kill bosses over and over again! I dont know why but i just find it fun. :p

drax

Member!
Reaction score
I like your sig McGorilla.

Yea, mfing manually can sometimes be fun.

And I wouldn't want to start off godly, it would be too easy,

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
There's definately still skill involved, but yeah you're right that the longer you play it, the more better equipment you find, and the more skill points you have to put in...

But from a design standpoint, how else to rewards players? How else to advance characters? What alternative do you suggest?

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
skill isnt how good u are at a game really.. its how bad others are in the same game as you :)

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by *~ä¯_†RoJ@ñM@Ñ_¯ä~*
skill isnt how good u are at a game really.. its how bad others are in the same game as you :)
Er... did that make any sense to anyone?

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
I robbie wasnt suggesting that everyone start out godly, i dont know where the hell you all got that idea...I dont think that diablo doesnt need to much skill, if you want to be good you still need to use the right skills and stuff...

z-tah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Diablo 2 is a bit sad since it's mostly based on how many items you got. Skills help a bit, but try to change realm or SC/HC N-l/L LoD/classic. d2 also classes EBAYers and 3rd party users to the best players, so IMO, play a skill based game^^ or most likely a new realeased game instead or old d2 :p

+I agree with Darkmatter