Status
Not open for further replies.

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Sin City...

A dark, sprawling metropolis that hasn't seen the light of day since the War almost 150 years ago.

The city is surrounded my massive walls made out of technology lost to time. Outside these wall are small slums where the outcasts of society live. Inside the walls things are not much better than outside, hundreds of years of building has turned a city into a maze. Millions of people live within the walls, packed like bees into humanities concrete bound hives. The mayor is barely a figure head, and coruption runs rampant through black markets, politicians, organized crime, gangs, and rouge killing machines and powers. For the event that sparked the War was the rediscovery of magic. To wipe out these powers, the countries of the world resorted to the only form of war they knew how to use, nuclear weapons. This failed, as the weapons were detonated in the air and sea by anti-missle weapons and powerful magics.

In the end, we destroyed ourselves. We had poisoned the skies and seas with our weapons, and poisoned the mind and body with magic and technology.

And so, these amazing weapons were banned from the oasis that was Sin City. A ban that has done nothing to stop their enterance.

Surprisingly, there is one office that remains untainted for the most part. An office deticated to keeping the peace and responsible for the well-fare of all those who live in Sin City.

The Police

Maybe the Police isn't a good word for them, a highly trained military detachment assigned to protect Sin City by a dying government. They answer to no one but their superiors, specially not the corupt Mayor.

Within the police there are several divisions.

Pursuit/Patrol Units: Authorized and trained to use medium strength weaponry, and highly advanced vehicles.

Demolitions Experts: Trained to disarm, arm, and fight with advanced explosives.

Anti-Invasion Forces: The wall guards, trained to use the highly fortified and destructive weapons mounted on Sin City's walls.

Cataclysm Division: Arguably the most powerful and versitile unit in the Police Force. The CD is authorized to use all the munitions available to the Police Force as well as any illegal weaponry that may be confinscated from the numerous criminal elements in Sin City. CD takes all the worst jobs in Sin City. They do gang busts, destroy fortified mafia buildings, and elimate rogue cyborgs and magic users as well as numerous other dirty jobs. Why do they get all the bad jobs? Because the CD represents one of the most disliked minorities in Sin City, Talents.

Talent: Normal humans with a trace of the magical gift. Talents can be anything from clairvoyance to infra-vision to increased strength or agility. All Talents posses a single minor magical ability.

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
OoC: Please forgive the double post, but as this was a work in progress I needed to bump it back up so you could see the completed version.

I've choose to start my series of Sin City games with the Cataclysm Division because it promises to be the most entertaining at first. The others will not have the talents as PCs but I will build up the next games off this first one.

Character templates are as follows.

Name:
Sex:

Equipment: All CD members start with the MC1 Semi-Automatic Pistol, a Neo Kelvar Vest, and a belt with six knockout gas gernades attached. Knives and other close combat weapons may be added at your leisure as well as non-combat personal effects. Opportunities for upgraded and specialized weaponry will become available as the story progresses.

Abilities: These deal with natural and physical abilites. Not techniques, spells, or special abilities.

Talent: Most minor magical abilities, no offensive powers. I will approve all talents before we start.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
dum dee dum dum dum

Name: Tac
Sex: Male
Appearance: Medium build, teal hair and eyes, scars line his body, no particular pattern

Equipment: MC1 Semi-Automatic Pistol, a Neo Kelvar Vest, and a belt with six knockout gas gernades attached. Baseball Bat. An antique pocket watch, which is broken. A small ring of little value.

Abilities:
Extreme Accuracy
Quick Draw
Physically weak

Talent:
Can see twists of Fate

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
Name:Mekra
Sex:Male
Appearance:Medium height,strong from military training.Has a scar running from left ear to chin.Wears a military uniform.

Equipment:MC1 Semi-Automatic Pistol, a Neo Kelvar Vest, and a belt with six knockout gas gernades attached,and a combat knife.

Abilities:
Strong
Easily Angered
Hand to hand Combat Specialty

Talents:
Strength Increase by 20%

Yeah,hes basically mekra from the Fallout rp.If theres any problems,tell me and ill fix him.

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Name: Epsilon
Sex: Male
Appearance: Has blond hair, long, runs down to the bottom of his back. Is almost NEVER seen without his sunglasses. Preferred Clothing: Black Leather trenchcoat over a black T-shirt with black leather pants and boots.

Equipment: Standard equipment (MC1 Semi-Auto Pistol, 6 knockout Gas Grenades on a black leather belt, Neo Kevlar Vest, 2 short sabers, six throwing knives hidden somewhere on body)

Abilities: Calm
Bladed weapons specialty (daggers, knives, swords, etc.)
Stealth
Moderately Strong

Talents
Agility +10%
Partial Infravision (10 ft. radius)

Anything unbalanced, PM me.

~EDIT~

Change is finished, Janseagle.

Reaction score
this is mne i just want him....

Name: Zach Topak

Weapons: Long Sword and... 1 gun at a time (depends on what he buys) er ... what eva

Apperence: Just gunna edit vash. Blue hair.

Armor: ... whateva

Abilities:

Adaptation:Wanna give me a pillow as a weapon... ok...

Talent:

Accuracy = 90%

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well i think ill join in, sounds like a cool rp so...

Name:Mat Telan
Appearance: Short Dark Hair, Always has a dark trench coat on with a brown or green t shirt under it
Equipment:MC-1 Semi Auto Pistol, 6 knockout gas grenades on a belt, neo kevlar vest, 4 throwing knives in his sleeves, 1 long sickle knife hidden in his coat.
Abilities: Master of concealing weapons, has fast reactions
Talent: If he tells someone something they will usually believe it

Anything wrong with it, please tell me

BTW when we gna start!?
and Jans u gna make a character!?

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
yeah we'll start any day now. >.> Though Elite-Shadow-Blader may not be joining us unless he STOPS BEING A FREAKING MORON and fills his thing out properly.

Oh and ESB, in case you couldn't guess, having a 90% Accuracy IS A LITTLE TOO MUCH!!!

Sheesh

Ok, I'm looking over adhesives character now and we'll probably start today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok, adhesive your character's cool by me. One thing though, not actually a problem but it still needs mentioning. The whole concealed weapon thing will be governed by reason, there's no way you'll be pulling any Mousse style fighting. And please inform me when you pick up something new. I'll tell you if you can keep it or if you need to turn it into Munitions. This goes for everyone as well.

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh the concealing a weapon thing was that i ment i cna hide a knife in my sleeve and shit like that

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Ah cool. Heh, I think I was a bit optimistic about thinking I could be starting this yesterday or today. >.> This is my first time on in 48 hours.

Yes I will be making a bunch of character for this. Bio's for goodies, baddies, and pretty much anyone you need to know in Sin City. I'll be updating the files as we meet now people.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Name: Aurellia Ni
Appearence: Long dark hair. A scar on the right side of her face.
Equipment: Default equipment. A 30 cm knife. Engraved on the handle is the letters V.P. A ring given as a present, made of Platnium.

Abilities: Expert of Melee weapons, especially knives, slashing weapons.

Talent: Easily blocks attacks made by slashing weapons, Far Sight.

HOpefully....that's a good character.

EDIT: THERE!?

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
OOC: Alright, here we go.....

*The police station erupts into sirens, jolting all of you out of your beds in the small plain gray room.*

Aurellia: Oh for the love of... can't they mute that thing? WE'RE TRYING TO SLEEP!

*The PA pipes up after letting the alarm blare for thirty or so seconds. The warm but still mechanical voice bares a stark contrast to the seriousness of it's annoncement.*

Tac: *groans* No such luck, here it comes.

PA: A (Gang Riot) has been reported in the (8th) District. The Chief has kindly requested the the (Cataclysm Division Team B) report to transportation for immediate response. (Please be warned, the gang members are carrying illegal weaponry)

Mat: Well that's just GREAT. We haven't been finished with the Exam for more than 4 hours and they're already sending us out on a mission.

Epsilon: A litte more sleep definately would have been nice, I can't believe this.

Mekra: Let's just be happy that we got 4 hours ok? Come, let's go.

*The five of you stand and file out of the small room, heading for transportation.*

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Epsilion: Damn. Aren't we gonna use anything other than the standard issue shit they give us?

Aurellia: Let's hope so. If they're using illegal weaponry, we're good as dead, Talents or no Talents.

Mat: Amen to that, sister.

Aurellia: I'm not your sister.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Slowly drudges towards transportation, yawning all the way, he stubs his toe on a door.*

Tac: God dammit! *Yawn* God, this hallway didn't seem this long the other day...

*He falls asleep where hes standing for a moment, then falls flat on his face.*

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Pokes Tac with a toe.*
Epsilion: He's out could. Can I perform surgery on him?

Aurellia: No.

Epsilion: Damn. I still need a test subject.
*Walks towards transportation.*

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
TEN SHUN!

*A voice booms at them as they enter transportation with Mekra dragging Tac behind them. In front of you stands a huge man, built like a bull dozer with muscles to match, Capitain Steele is the commanding officer of the Cataclysm Division. The only man he takes orders from is Chief of Police Darrel White, and evn then only grudingly. The capitain is a hard man, hard as steel as his name would imply. And every single one of you knows this without doubt, as your lives have been in his cold hard grasp for the past three years. He stands before you in a black uniform only adorned with his red badge of rank on both shoulders. Hanging from his shoulder is a heavy duty black submachine gun that you know can punch holes in solid steel without heating in the slightest.*

Glad to see you again officers, I had hoped that his grace Chief White would let my newest team get a little rest before sending them out in the field. BUT, exhaustion is NO EXCUSE for a poor performance. You have had more sleep last "night" than I have allowed you for the past month. If you are not suited up and officer Tac is not consious in sixty seconds I will have you ALL on refuse duty for the next week. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?!?

All: Yes sir!

Cap: Again, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?

All: YES SIR!!!

Tac (Just regaining consiousness): Whaaaaa....?

Cap: WAKE THE HELL UP YOU LAZY BASTARD! SIXTY SECONDS TO SUIT UP GO!

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Rushes for the suits.*

Epsilion: Dammit, Tac, haul ass unless you wanta work rufuse!

Tac: DAMN! OUTTA MY WAY, OUTTA MAH WAY!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Tac runs to get suited up but trips and falls, again...*

Tac: God dammit...

*He lifts himself from the ground, and finally get suited up. He walks up to the Captain, standing at full attention.*

Tac (Nose bleeding slightly): Ready to go, Sir!

adhesive

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mat: Everyone is ready and accounted for , SIR
Tac:*mutters to himself* havent gotten to the action and im already bleeding...
Captain: ok, everyone follow me to the van, ill tell you everything in there.

(OOC: BTW JAnseagle if you dont want me to talk with captain u can justforget what i had him say.)

Status
Not open for further replies.