Should you go to church?

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
this topic is kinda "Christians only" kind of topic. So should you go to church? You should post some pros and cons about it.

Just wanna hear your opinion.

I think yaah, you should go to church, but why should you go to church if you don't pay attention, fool around while in church? there's no point.

daoffshoreman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
i dont go to church, only because all of the churches my mom wants to go to are the hideous over-glorified kind, and i know god isnt a materialist, so why should i have to pretend to be a materialist and act like im happy trying to pray around a bunch of fake idols of him made by people who dont know even what jesus looked like?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i think its good to go to church. its good to have fellowship with other christians and learn more through pastors.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Ok here are my two cents... It seems to me the bible is very loose and can be translated many diffrent ways, what you do when going to church is here how a certain minster translates it. This can be good and bad. It is good if the bible confuses you and you need help understanding it, and it is bad if you try and mak a path for your own life, it gives you less control on the way you think of things and the way you live your life.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nice to see u back offshoreman :) i go to youth group which i consider my church.. but i go to sunday night service as well. i think church is important as a time of getting to hear what other people are learning form god. i find it inspiring, and people there always encourage me to do whats right and accept me no matter what. and we have a hell good time.. i guess i hsould relaly say a heaven good time but whatever lol i love it! but i don't think it is a requirement for being a christian

Ghost_Thrasher

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think u have to go to church. I do not belive in god myslef but if do beliveve in god i don;t think u should have to go to church. We go to church they exept u to dress neat and give them money,.

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If your a christian, I say that it's important to go to church to stay on path with your walk with Christ. Of all the churches I've been to, the best ones are the small churches that have less then 100 people attending the service. You get to know everyone better, and the "sunday christians" are always at the bigger churches and not the little ones. I really can't stand "sunday christians."

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Those aren't christians anyway, in the true meaning of the word.

I don't go to church, neither do I believe in God and that stuff, but I think that people should go, and really love their god. Not just like a stupid duty...

MarkS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.SystemSpecs.com
Church is not a requirment in order to be saved. The only way that you can be saved is to believe that Christ is the one true way, God's incarnated Son, who came to the Earth to destroy death and bring peace to all those who trust in Him.

Going to church, on the other hand, will be a very large opportunity for you to grow in your walk with Christ through the knowledge of others and their experiences. That's why God blesses pastors to help teach and help the walks of people.

the best ones are the small churches that have less then 100 people attending the service
This is not true at all. Any church can be "good" as long as they stay on line with the Scriptures and is full of the Holy Spirit. I went to a church with a weekly attendence of about 3,500, and had over 10,000 members of the church. The main Sactuary sat 2,500, and the Fellowship Hall was the size of a football field (indoor) and sat 1,500 WITH tables. 2,500 without. It had 4 survices on Sunday. The church has the 63rd largest pipe organ in the world. 7, 667 Pipes, with a 5 keyboard player, and 265 stops.

This church, through God, has done many great things. It's called Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church, located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The senior pastor, Dr. D. James Kennedy Ph. D, is the chairman and president of Coral Ridge Ministries, a multi-million dollar ministry. He is also the founder of Evangelism Explosion (EE). The church currently has at least 1 missionary in every single country in the world, the first ministry to do so...ever.

The youth group had about 500 kids (grades 6-12) with an attendence on sunday of about 200. The other grades were twice that size.

What is my point of all this? It may come off as "bragging," but no. I'm doing this to prove a point to you that church large or small, many members or only a few meeting in homes, has the potential to be the greatest as long as they are full of the Holy Spirit, and stay on track with the Scriptures.

Redsparrow2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well time for me to speak. I was a Christian and went to church every sunday but i stopped believing because i saw to much wrong with what was in the bible and when the bible said he was all powerful and can do anything then how come if sin is bad and Adam and Eve were sining then how come he didnt change it to were sin never existed. But for church that and the fact that if god is so good then why cant we worship him at home.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont think it matters. i believe you can talk to god without a church. i quit goin to church a few years ago because i moved so much but that doesnt mean i cant pray.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebastardsword
i think its good to go to church. its good to have fellowship with other christians and learn more through pastors.
I enjoy tearing apart your arguments. So, first question: What makes your pastor an expert on God? Why is my interperatation of the Bible worse than his?

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think this thing between you two gotta end... badger, your opinion is as good as anyone elses. you have a point. bastard i think was saying he liked hearing the other guys opinions on god because the guy probably read the bible and studied christianity alot more than himself

Crookmob

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think that you can go to church if you want but it makes no difference if you do. also you dont know that what if god does not want churches to be the way they are...pictures of mary christ and the holy spirit to god it might be considered that you are worshiping a eyedol by kissing jesus picture and bowing down to pictures. you can never tell until you die and when you die you still might now know because there might not be any heaven or hell or spirits and all that stuff

Alademuerte

BForums Veteran
Reaction score
Well, im Atheist, and was a catholic, christian. About 9-10 my mind became more complex and started to think that there is no "God", so since I hadnt been to chruch since I was 5. I just stopped believing and praying or whatever.:rolleyes:

MarkS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.SystemSpecs.com
Originally posted by Redsparrow2
but i stopped believing because i saw to much wrong with what was in the bible and when the bible said he was all powerful and can do anything then how come if sin is bad and Adam and Eve were sining then how come he didnt change it to were sin never existed.
By eliminating the choice to sin, He would also eliminate Free Will. If there's no way to disobey, then how can you choose to obey OR disobey. There's only one option....the Bible has NO contradictions. At some points there may seem like there are, but if you dig down to its fullness, you will understand that it is not.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
haha I have dug down and I see many contadictons.. Scholars and preist admit Contradiction just give up your horrible argument befor you cut off your own dick....

MarkS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.SystemSpecs.com
Originally posted by ForGeD
haha I have dug down and I see many contadictons.. Scholars and preist admit Contradiction
Yes. Preists. Catholic. Some Catholics do not believe in the inerrancy of Scripture. And the Scholars who say that there are...they...are...not...Christians.

Please, if you have dug down deep yourself, please give me a few examples. I'll be happy to help you understand these.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
haha I wasnt necisarilly saying only catholic preist all preist er well I guess you want to call them ministers I guess I will post a few examples after Im done with my history... I would love to see you tell me how a few of these things dont contradict..

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by amrtin77
i think this thing between you two gotta end... badger, your opinion is as good as anyone elses. you have a point. bastard i think was saying he liked hearing the other guys opinions on god because the guy probably read the bible and studied christianity alot more than himself
Why is someone who read's the Bible a lot more qualified to interperate it? Too many times, people just accept what they're handed and don't even bother to think for themselves. That's my opinion on churches at least.