Should the WarCraft Strategy Forums be Merged?

Should the WarCraft Strat Forums be Merged?

• Yes, merge them together! It'd help traffic.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • No. There'd be too much confusion or problems.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Do a test run for a week or so, and see how it goes from there.

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
After receiving an overwhelming majority of votes in favor of merging the StarCraft Strategy sections (Terran Bunker, Protoss Nexus, and Zerg Hatchery) into one Strategies & Tactics section, many members have suggested possibly merging the WarCraft Strategy forums as well.

If there proves to be a majority in favor of doing so, the new strategy forum would be a new section, taking place of the four we have now.

Please post your opinions for discussion, and cast your votes here. Your opinion can make a difference!

~The BattleForums Staff

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we should try it.. there many more strats in war3 than sc, and it's better to try it out than merge them. We would have to get rid of some mods too.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I vote no. Because I can do that

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was always against but you somehow changed my mind. If it makes our forums more active, not for example orc forum isnt visited for several days , etc,.. ok I'm for merging it.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
NO I think it would suck big time, unless ofcourse you want to give us back are utilities section while your at it.

I dont wanna post with no Noobdead's... wait i mod that section dont i. :p

Beer $lut

Reaction score
No, because then the forums would look too small. If you do that make some new forums or something.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Their strat forums get activity :eek:.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
i actually like the whole idea. plus it would cut off any excess moderators that mod only one section.

give it a test run for around 2 weeks so we can get a feel to it, if it makes it as small as i think it will then change it.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmmmmmmm,merge them and add utilities back?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The only thing alor of forums does is spread out posts. especialy 4 strat sections. it is stupid because all 4 of them are rather dead. Not to mention genera strategys and tactics along with tips now have a place to go. that way not eerythign that involves mroe than one race goes to the main section. Adding more forums make everythign look big and u feel overwhelmed, and can be a pain to try and visit every place.

the Utilities section is a stupoid idea

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I would obviously vote "Yes" in this situation. That is, until the forum gets more traffic.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes and,

1.How does the problem with moderators stand?
2.Warcraft discussion is not only about problems running the game but also general discussion of races. Won't this forum and the merged one become the same?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
Yes and,

1.How does the problem with moderators stand?
2.Warcraft discussion is not only about problems running the game but also general discussion of races. Won't this forum and the merged one become the same?
warcraft discussion can be general discussion about warcraft, history general questions anre stuff about maybe races and fav heros blah blah.

Strats is how you play, what u use with races, different tactics and such.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Everyone would visit one forum instead of 4, correct? So that would greatly imrpove forum activity in that area, and all areas it contains. :)
I like it also ebcause I don't have tos witch forums for say Orcs to Undeads to Humans, Etc.

I'm not sure how the mods that would have to go would react to this, though. :(

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
DM, if we put it as a trial we could put all inactive moderators into the Elder group for the time being until it is released as permanant or temporary.

And I like the idea of a shorter forum. 56kers would love it. :)

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by Samsara

give it a test run for around 2 weeks so we can get a feel to it, if it makes it as small as i think it will then change it.
You can't exactly test it. If you merged them all the posts from all the sections would go there you wont be able to divied them later...

aphextwin

Reaction score
i think its much better cuz u dont have to look in all of the sections to look for the guides......