Should the StarCraft Strategy Forums be Merged?

Should the StarCraft Strat Forums be Merged?

• Yes, merge them together! It'd help traffic.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • No, it'd create too many potential problems.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Do a test run for a week or so, and see how it goes from there.

Votes: 39 52.7%

• Total voters

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
There have been some recent suggestions by a few individuals that some people would like to see the Strategy forums merged either into the StarCraft & BroodWar General forums, or a new Strategy forum for all three races.

This would help eliminate any confusion members may have about where their posts should go if it relates to more than one race, and increase general traffic for the StarCraft Strategy forums.

We'd like to get input from you (the members and moderators) on what you think should be done with our StarCraft forums, and what will benefit them in the long-term.

Please vote for what you'd like to see done above, and post your opinions appropriately. :)

~The BattleForums Staff

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The 'other' BF has that, and..... *clones, I hate clones*

Does this apply to the Warcraft section too?

It will look out of place with one merged and the other not.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
The WC Forums can do whatever the hell they want :) This is just a possible thing that came up within the SC Forums moderators.

I think it's a great idea. I think it'd help the SC Forums alot and get people posting on more than just one race for once. Even i only visit Protoss just out of habit, with the merge i could talk about all three at once. Which would be awesome.

Originally posted by x42bn6
The 'other' BF has that, and..... *clones, I hate clones*
We wouldn't be cloning them, not in the slightest. Just because we rival them doesn't mean if we do something similar to them, it would be a bad thing.
Just ignore Blizz and let us do what WE want to do. Who cares if something is similar, i bet about a jillion other SC sites out there have the strategy forums merged, and they aren't cloning Blizz.

BlizzForums isn't the be-all-end-all of SC Forums.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It was like that for warcraft originaly and swooper split it up. Strat sections are more usfull when not spread apart. that was u eliminate threads based on more than one race and differnet ideas, and u dont have to have memebers running around to 3 differnet palces to look for info.

I suggested this a few tiems for the warcraft section but no one bothered to listen

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
If battelforums ever got insanely huge, and i mean with a huge number of players posting threads and strats and ideas by the dozen every hour, it would be nice to have it split, but i dont see that ever happening.

For the amount of posting that has gone on in the past and up to now, a concentrated section is the best idea.

Face it, the game sections arn't that popular, and unless we got incredible pros hanging around there will never be the kind of active that would call for that.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Lwek wrote on 08-01-2004 10:15 PM:
Since I can only PM 5 users at a time I have to PM 2 times. I am PMing all the SC Mods too because whether they like it or not, I want them to see my imput.
There is nothing to organize in those 3 forums. I'm seeing the future in these forums and I see that the UMS, SC and BW, SC Ghost, and SC2 being the popular forums. SC: Ghost will most likely come out within a year. That may be the forum we have to worry about being that it may get more than 1 page of new posts per day. And also, within a year, some news has got to pop up on SC2. Just got to! And the UMS forum is getting popular by each day as old members come back.
So Merging it will create no stress or worry for the future. And if at all possible, within the "long" future, if we do get more than 1 page of new posts per day, we can create a sticky thread in the Strategy and Replay forums labeled "Post your Zerg Strategy here" Etc for the other races.
Thanks for wasting your time reading this:lovedup

-Master Virus

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yes its gonna b sooo much better.......

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
If battelforums ever got insanely huge, and i mean with a huge number of players posting threads and strats and ideas by the dozen every hour, it would be nice to have it split, but i dont see that ever happening.

For the amount of posting that has gone on in the past and up to now, a concentrated section is the best idea.

Face it, the game sections arn't that popular, and unless we got incredible pros hanging around there will never be the kind of active that would call for that.
Wether or not it gets huge I don't know if the SC strat sections will become any more active. The main SC forum had trouble with keeping up until about 2 months ago. Now a tourney is on its way.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
I've always beleived in Trial and Error, so I say we give it a week, and see how it goes from there.

-Frank :cool:

ShaftedTwice

Reaction score
I think they should be merged, for the sake of traffic and that the fact that they dont get too much business on their lonesome.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
A thought that came to my head was to have a strategy category and then have the 3 other forums in it as subforums. But that's pretty much probably the same thing as leaving them alone.

- Amantis

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan

Starcraft forums may be good if the forums for protoss, terran and zerg are merged, but warcraft forums are different, they have 4 races, not more than 2 stickies in each and it is good the way it is.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
The more I think about this idea, the more I actually think it's better. Though I originally started off at just a no... atleast a test run would be sufficcient. But I'm starting to like the idea.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The warcraft forums' straegy sections are split apart and seem to get hardly any new threads compared to some other parts of the forums. I think Pan has a good idea with making all the races strategy put in one forum, and maybe taking whatever strategy guides are in there and make a sticky for each race.

Zmoney

Reaction score
I voted no lol, i didnt realize I had it clicked, Due to my poor hand/eye.

Ya Opps i am all for a test run, anything to improve traffic.=)

Those sections are dead as hell, we need to do something.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Having a test run for a week is not going to work. It's not like right after the New forum is created, there is going to be a lot of new strategy to discuss about. People might post in there just to "experience" around with BF's new change.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I think it'd need at least a month, if not more, for the test run. Like how we tested the CS forums.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Akule
who wants to bet sakuhta was the one who voted no?
1) NICE SPAM! 2) I voted test run kthnx.