Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters

MaceMan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Trying to say that time is the fourth demision will just get a snowballing arguement that will go no-where. The only thing we can all agree on is 3 dimensions.
Anyway technically 3D on games is still a 3D simulated but 2D image even though it is on a 3D surface and on a molecular level has 3D.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
yup maceman is correct, and if you can say that games are 4d.. well i finally have an argument, you can control time in games (at least sttarcraft) and you cant control it in real life, there fore well i dont know i guess you could call it a seperate time demention or something.. my brain just froze up someone help me with this

Ryder123

Member!
Reaction score
im not going to vote for either, I think 3D should be optional in the install disk. Because i am so used to how starcraft is now 3d would basicly make me a newb again.

Reaction score
I vote for 3d. Why? because right now 2d is already obselete.

Other than obselete, you people should see the development of rts games. I mean look at GroundControl 2, Warhammer40k DOW, Rome TW, etc. Especially for GC2 and W40k DOW. With present engine, they gave a detailed 3d of space/futuristic units and still able to let about 50 units per player. Note, with present engine.

I think in 2 or 3 years, Blizzard would be able to create far better engine, that had detailed units look and movement but with number as many as sc. Or even more.

Eclipse_Hope

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
w3 grapics were awful.......

2d they'll ruin sc like the did wc and if they do that blizzard is not quite the gmae makers i thought them 2 be

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Star Ally said:
3D sounds good but there might be lagging issues.
isnt that why SC was a bit more popular then WC3? because of the lag issue?
in the 3d compartment, a minor army of spellcasters all performing spells would lagg a game real easily, while 2 armies of 100 marines fighting eachother only produce a simple "ttt TTt AAAGh!"
i think it would be better to keep the 2d issue but like spruce up" the units a little bit, like that Beta SC pictures where goliaths actually had a shine to their armor, firebats could burn trees, and air units could turn around a axis instead of "poof" im aiming behind me and firing...
and raise the unit cap to maybe 250?
make the explosions a bit more real (like the Beta pics)
the only reason Blizzard first lowered the quality of the original bete SC was because the comps at that time would lagg to much with the extra details it did have..
ever notice how a missle turret will fire at a unit, the missle will follow, and even when the unit goes outside its range and even turns and the missle still goes straight, it still manages to damage the unit?
that could be changed a bit- better aerodynamics maybe?

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
3D would be cool but I dont there will be a problem because by the time it comes out cards will be so good that it wont even matter.

Map_Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Ok well, i think they should REALLY keep it 2D. They can keep it 2D just make it more realistic. But not to much as 3D. Like on the space platforms. Make space have a big planet in the background from which u can choose. Since these platforms are orbital. Dont u think it should look like it is near a planet. Instead of out in the middle of no where. Yanno what i mean? I mean 3D would totally kill the art of StarCraft. Lets not make it like WarCraft. StarCraft is an origonal game. Lets keep it that way and no make it look like anything tlse.