Should my werebear druid use maul or fire claws?

i_killa_you

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Maul and fireclaw arent synergies to each other, but fire claw would be the way to go. I have a mauler bear and hes not as good as my fire clawer.

Epic High

Member!
Reaction score
I just read off Diabloii.net that maul recieves AR from fireclaw.

-Edit: I also read that Maul/Fireclaw druid combination works really well, but it's all up to you. How you build it is in your hands.

X_War

Member!
Reaction score
but do u need a lot of ias for fire claws to do alot of dmg?

Epic High

Member!
Reaction score
IAS doesn't add more dmg. Just try out how a fire claw druid comes out and if you want more ias just give it some gear with good ias.

Epic High

Member!
Reaction score
yea, his statement claimed if ias makes you do alot more dmg, so I imagined him saying if ias does some type of enhanced damage.

Doom wouldn't be all to be. Maybe some negative sides, but the frozen aura would help alot.

JumpDaPhuckUp

Reaction score
Epic High ~ "I just read off Diabloii.net that maul recieves AR from fireclaw. "

If they recieve ne benifits.. its vice versa.. but only cause maul is a charge up. I have a fury wolf. And when I get stuck with running a baal run, I can use feral rage until that red thinger starts swirlin round me.. Improving my frw. But wether or not you get dmg or ar to other skills when the charge-up is active, idk. When I charge up maul with werebear the dmg on maul doesnt change at all, nor does the ar. Id have to do a dmg test with full feral rage goin, n atk with fury. Can some one tell me if the damge that shows up on the char screen when I have fury selected as the in-use skill, wether or not the dmg is one hit... or all 5?

FYI, I dont post alot, and Im too lazy to do a quote.. So eat me k? :ufo :banana

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Basically look at it this way, you can get charms and gear for + to fire skills (like +5 to fire sc, magefist, ect.) the only thing that will pump maul is + to all skills or Maul specific.

By the way Maul is NOT a synergy to fireclaw .... heres proof
http://www.d2items.com/skills.php

if you are affaind of attacking slow get yourself a 6os Phaseblade and Shael it. That will add insane speed to attacking, or if you are a bit richer you can go with Grief runeword.

Let me know with a PM if you want a guide (There is one here but somewhat not fully up to date http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=105233 ) for a Fireclaw, mine does 7k and is kinda without good gear at the moment. Meaning not one charm, no weapon, or armor.

Reaction score
Heh. I never tryed to make one since there are Fire imunes for the Fire Clawer side but the Maul is very good because of its stun ability. If you want a wepon for a fire claw i suggest a high dmg runeword you can afford along with a Phoenix (I think that adds fire dmg) and a Dragon(Adds fire damage%)