Shakuras?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

The Dark templar homeworld looked like this. Is it shakuras or possibly another planet. This is also the first i have seen of this tileset and the third one now.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
terrain is always the hardest part of maps. its going to be harder now :(

it is shakuras those weird spike doodads are in the twilight terrain and the terrain still makes my eyes water :(

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Twilight tileset is my fav of all.
I wonder if Braxis(ice tileset) will still be in the game. Now that, too, would be sweet.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Twilight tileset is my fav of all.
I wonder if Braxis(ice tileset) will still be in the game. Now that, too, would be sweet.
my eyes will die :(

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, it is too bright. Though, it doesn't have to be if mapmakers used more grass.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Yeah, it is too bright. Though, it doesn't have to be if mapmakers used more grass.
i guess but i dont see grass used often. then again i dont play melee often.

wonder how char will look

L

Laharl

IT shouldn't look so cartoony. The cartoony war3 look is what makes me think it's mechanics will be identical as well.

Groady.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Why the hell are protoss fighting terran anyway?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Because Humans (Terran Domminion and UEd) have shown nothing but contempt for aliens, zerg or protoss. Rayner isn't around neither is zeratul. Why arn't they fighting more is a better question.

L

Laharl

Actually, the one who represented if you will on the protoss side was TASSADAR, and the reason why the protoss were honouring that was in his name. Mostly because there's the whole Tassadar being a hero thing.

Then again Blizzard has never been good at lore consistency.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Actually, the one who represented if you will on the protoss side was TASSADAR, and the reason why the protoss were honouring that was in his name. Mostly because there's the whole Tassadar being a hero thing.

Then again Blizzard has never been good at lore consistency.
Tassadar died in starcraft. SINCE then Zeratul, Fenix and Artanis have been major players, Zeratul and Fenix being more friendly with Raynor's humans. Fenix is dead, and Zeratul/Raynor disappeared, Artanis fled to shakuras after his defeat. The Humans in the sector are the Terran Dominion who as I stated previously are not peaceful with the protoss, nor would any surviving UED forces (as the were hinted at still existing) since the UED's third objective was to enslave all the races in the sector.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I thought Mengsk would be smarter and ally with the Protoss to kill the Zerg. Hubris imo.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I like the new grassy tileset they've shown. This one is still cool though.

And SC2 doesn't look like WC3 at all. Those that say it does are podantic little girls who don't like Blizzard.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I also fail to see similarities. Actually upon reviewing SC since SCII was released, I fail to see how any of the new game is any more bright than SC was. Some of those tilesets were pretty bright.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I thought Mengsk would be smarter and ally with the Protoss to kill the Zerg. Hubris imo.
well he is smart enough to steal technology from the Protoss. dont know about zerg

L

Laharl

I'd also assume that the UED would work together with Mengsk and the toss; for survival.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'd also assume that the UED would work together with Mengsk and the toss; for survival.
First priority of the UED was to depose Mengsk, followed by enslave the overmind, followed by enslave the rest of the sector. I doubt if their first objective was to remove him from power, they are going to turn around and ally with them.

Sides, from what little of the story has been told, the Zerg has been quiet, so right now there is no need for them to go after an enemy that is complacent as is.

Likely some trigger will bring back a massive war in SCII, what the trigger is, who knows. All sides have been building up since the end of the Broodwars.