Seriously

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
in a real game who actualy thinks ud players can use casters? Im not saying thier too weak, or anything along those lines, but u just can't get them like humans and orcs can. who wants to debate with me?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Think about this very carefuly. the undead armys peak of power is at tier 3. 2 buildings supply the army with sufficient "counters" to almost anything.
I always here about how undead never gets casters cause undead players say they suck and all htis.

But when it comes down to it, You cannot seriously get casters, and still be able to get any other army in enough time. Undead casters are the most expensive and for a necro to be half decent he needs all 4 of his upgrades, statues for mana, meatwagons with exhume. In a serious game with other units involved, that cannot happen. Which is one major flaw i see in the undead army. the heros are way to powerful, and the units are garbage. only reason undead survives is its heros.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
statues only heal 10hp/s and restore 3mana/s. with no real attack, horrible armor, they are useless aside from the 10 hp healing. If u ever played undead, u would know that statues run our of mana really fast, and thier healing ability is alot less than that of say a priest ior a moon well.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Statues are heavy armored.

Necros, well, to some extent, they are used in UD, but realy only casters I see in most games are Statues.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Necro's own. I wish NE had casters.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DOTT is an AWESOME caster. What are you talking about? They also have DoTC (still has roar-which is uber- in bear form) and dryads/wisps, which are each like 1/3 caster.

Reaction score
I agree with you Pan, necros blow and even with 4 upgrades, all it takes is your opponent to build 1 building, research 1 skill, and train 1 unit to make it all be neutralized. Banshees on the other hand do not suck that much, although I don't use them ( Mainly because I dont go the extra way of building a temple ) curse isn't that bad of a spell. Other then that, yeah UD casters do suck in comparison to driuids, sorc/priests/ or sham/wds

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think necros are useless for skeletons. Only a newb can do it thinking necros wont be killed first and all the skeletons dispelled. They are good for cripple maybe for frenzy. Banshees are good for possess but you can still win even if you have some of your amry possessed.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer said:
I think necros are useless for skeletons. Only a newb can do it thinking necros wont be killed first and all the skeletons dispelled. They are good for cripple maybe for frenzy. Banshees are good for possess but you can still win even if you have some of your amry possessed.
*COUGH*necrowagon*COUGH*

works nicely on most NE's unless they go archers and hunts on you.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah, sorcs have awesome initiate spell as well.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
N_Edd said:
Nah, sorcs have awesome initiate spell as well.
except slow just slows u down, fariefire gives enemy vision and -4 armor.

lets see,
slow
Cost:50 Mana
Length:60 seconds (10 on heros)
effects:Reduces speed by 60% and attack speed by 25%.

farie fire
costs: 45 Mana
length: 120 seconds
effects: reduces 4 armor, gives vision of the enemy

Farie fire costs less, lasts twice as long, and is more effective overall, because -4 armor allows for 121.93% damage increase.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
121.93% damage increase versus 25% damage redux? More, actually, as units take longer to re-organize. You can launch hit-and-run tactics easily with 60% movement reduction.

I'd rather take slow.