Serious Question.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Why do those of you who play D2 still play it? Give me specific reasons, because I won't be convinced if you say ''its fun''. To me every aspect of fun has left this game years ago, so you guys need to tell me why you still play it so I can see it from other perspectives. :)

xhellhawkx

Member!
Reaction score
while i don't play it as much any more maybe 1-2 times a week for about an hour, i have played it for going on 5 years now >.>, i still find it fun but i mostly enjoy just talking with friends and pking. also i like to help those that are new to the game by rushing and giving out free. and obviously lots of people still find it fun cause there's ALOT of people that play the game. if you play it and don't find it fun then why keep playing -.o?

Fei_Rushes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.helbreathusa.com
action-rpg's are my favorite genre and you can't beat the classics and I feel that Diablo is top-notch on innovation in this up-and-comming genre. The gameplay is fluid, making this more fast-paced than most action rpg's out there. This game gives you a sort of gauntlet feel to it. To me, this game is fun and I played about two years ago now and I'm just getting back into it now. The game is addictive and I think anyone that plays games similar to this will feel almost the same - at least as their inital feeling of the game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I have to agree. I've played it since...I dunno, 5 years ago? I gave out free rushes/items and such until I had to quit because my grades were too low. It killed my grades and my social life countless times. I probably could get back into it and help people, but I don't know if I would. I need friends or its' not worth it. :p

Teradar

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
heh, ive played pretty much since the year it came, 6 maybe 7 years now? iunno, ive played off and on, mostly ive been scammed or "hacked" cuz i kept trusting ppl heh, but i always come back, mostly its fun to kill stuff, and there are nice people out there, plus the story is actually quite badass, but i havnt seen someone actually listen to cain or akara tell u stuff since i used to play for the first time lol, im not patient enuf right now, but during the summer im gonna try and force myself to play it through like it was supposed to be played, and listen to everything and the story, plus i have never really gotten past act3 by myself ever, i played single player when i first got the game and got a lvl 27 necro towards trav in act 3 but then started playing multiplayer when i got internet :D so you should try taht if you havnt, listen to wat npcs say and do all the quests, suggestion

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ive played diablo for 6 years.

i dont play as much as i used to, but i cant seem to completely rid it from my life.

its just a fun time passer, and most of all, i love to be an asshole. you know that already ryan, and in diablo, when you pwn a newb and rub it in his face, its fun to watch how they squirm to try and get the upper hand, then leave saying your a newb and you rpwnd, even though hes the one leaving naked.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Heh..I dont play anymore, but when I did, I helped people..I gave one dude a high nigma, perf ebotd zerker, perf umed shako..etc etc. everything. :p I guess I made that guy's day. Has anyone here done something like that before?

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
Can't say I play anymore, but when I did I used it for extra income. I've since moved onto WoW, and make more money off of it than I did D2.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I have, though I didn't give away stuff that good because I myself didn't have anything that good...

Lord, please remove or resize your signature. It's above the limits in KB size. :)

Reaction score
I play so I can talk to my friends, and to burn time. It will only consume your life if let it. I play Diablo2 on weekends for hours, but still have friends. Use what you have learned of Diablo2 such as hacking or mod making to use for other objectives. If you didn't learn anything well, you learned patience by lvling all of those characters. Really I quit and came back because of my friends. It's your choice.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I'd love it if I could get some of my friends to 'quest' with me. :|
thats what i do most of the time. that and make new characters. too bad you don't play west.

Velvet

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dragn.
you are right.
pwning newbs is sooo fun

L

Laharl

I play Nez Mod because it has almost endless variety. Diablo II 1.11 got boring because it runs out of variety.

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
play d2 cuz it pwnz all raping noobs in 1vs1 is very fun the way i did it back in 1.10. just play it for the fun u have doing so :) trading and ripping ppl off in trades by getting something worth soo much for soo little price or selling something worth nothing for much more :p