Scroll discussion

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Ever since Diablo 1 we have had scrolls in Sanctuary. Personally, I have come to love them, especially those in Diablo 2 (Identify and Town portal). Something about them feel right, just good overall. But lately, as Diablo 3 looms about me, I think that it may be best to hang them up.

Let's review what they are good for: They are compact, and quick. but let's face it, the Identify scrolls were useless with Cain in town. I think since formatting will change, with the gameplay, then they will be obselete if they were to be added (know they won't).

Discuss what you think.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
I do think that they need to implement some kind of new method with at least the identify shit, but still in the back of my my mind I want them to keep as much d2 shit while vamping on new shit. I really hope they dont fuck with town portals though.

aeonteam

Touché
Reaction score
Website
www.aeonltd.com
I believe the removal of identify scrolls is ideal. They were near pointless in Diablo 2 and would also be the same in Diablo 3 given that I'm sure they'll have a system such as Cain.

They might want to add different types of scrolls into the third installment though!

They could perhaps have 'Teleport Scrolls' to teleport to different locations or a 'Tele Other' School to teleport others(with the person you use it one accepting of course!).

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
Meh, I aint gana complain untill it comes out. There will probably be a new type of scrolls or something to take the place or roll of them. Im just looking forward to the game coming out...It might get me off WoW :O

13rute

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Scrolls have been around for a long time but it looks like diablo 3 is going in a new direction, maybe trying to bring in a wider variety of players.

AQus

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
This Article says that Town portal scrolls will be a thing of the past.
Thats too bad, ive gotten used to the comfort of *2 clicks and im in town*
But i guess blizzard will work something out. They said they are implementing ways to get out of a dungeon without having to go up through all the different levels again.

Marek1

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
It would be sweet to incorporate the original scroll system and maybe have unique spells that u can get in scroll form