SCII Definately not before May/June

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
We will be accepting submissions for our monthly StarCraft Comic Contest from 3:00 PM PST on October 29, 2009 through 2:59 PM PST April 28, 2010.
Am I the only one who saw this?

Assuming that they are going to give away keys in April, the beta must be scheduled past that time. Plus giving time for finalizing the project, there is no way it is coming out within 2-3 months of April. July at the earliest, ad that's a stretch.

For everyone expecting an early release, time to find something to do for the next year.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Well that ruined my day.
Oh well. I'll still be playing Dragon Age by then, or whatever Bioware calls it after the dlc starts coming out. And Bioshock 2 multiplayer should also keep me busy.

Dauroth

Harbinger of Doom
Reaction score
I must say that, even though I'm a little disappointed, I am not surprised! Blizzard's delays are becoming ridiculous, not to mention the 7 month delay of Diablo II 1.13 patch!

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Diablo is still receiving patches? Lol, I thought that only Starcraft and Warcraft III were still being supported. Not going to mention WoW, since that's becoming a whole separate business by now.

As for the even longer waiting: at least they aren't rushing things. I'd hate to get a game with poor balance and bugs in it. Further, the Zerg pretty much suck at the moment. And as a Zerg player, (when getting to choose) I'm actually quite pleased with them getting some more time to polish things. Maybe even change a whole unit, who knows. The Infestor is the worst unit ever as it is now. The Starcraft team had better use this time to change it's mechanics, because the ability to spawn infested Terrans out of thin air just doesn't do it for me. And don't even get me started in the ridiculously de-buffed Queen...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
As for the even longer waiting: at least they aren't rushing things. I'd hate to get a game with poor balance and bugs in it. Further, the Zerg pretty much suck at the moment. And as a Zerg player, (when getting to choose) I'm actually quite pleased with them getting some more time to polish things. Maybe even change a whole unit, who knows. The Infestor is the worst unit ever as it is now. The Starcraft team had better use this time to change it's mechanics, because the ability to spawn infested Terrans out of thin air just doesn't do it for me. And don't even get me started in the ridiculously de-buffed Queen...
Psh, it's all better than infested protoss bullshit.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
I don't even understand why people were debating that. The books make it very clear that Protoss can't be infested because of the Khala. Only 2 ever got infested due to some post of mutated creep they were experimenting with. :/

I so hope that on Protoss get infested. It wouldn't really be all that cool. Hybrids will kick ass, though. Can't wait to see some of them as actual units.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
With all this waiting I feel like another Ghost is upon us... =\

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well with teh new editor it looks like that is quite possible! :D