Satrcraft look?

BrianDaGod

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah but they went 3D on warcraft and they lowered the food limit.are u not worried about that?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
2D, StarCraft is so succesful cuz its a cheap game and dont consume much resources on ur computer..

FinalianX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I strongly disagree with the new 3D look.
The 3D look with lose the originality of the old starcraft.
Starcraft two will not be starcraft no more, but a new, advanced 3D looking, boring, laggin, freaking game!
Why do I like starcraft?
I like its looks.

Spazz727

Member!
Reaction score
Well, if sc2 wer eto come out in say a few days, id want a slick 2d look

However i think simple3d will do because u gotta consider it will probly atleast be a year or so till sc2 so better comps will be out

Simple 3d will do there will be little lag and good graphcis i dont want hitech AvP like graphics

Also TONS of graphci settings like in wc3 thats y i like wc3 u can alter resolution depending upon comp speed that way if u have shitty comp u cna have shitty graphics and vice versa

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
yes, better PC's will be on... There already are PC's good enough for it... so what? not everyone has enough money to buy them aight?

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How about a comprimise, have an option for 2-D, or 3-D, as well as resolution settings.

That way you can either choose the viewing option you want by personal choice, or by PC restrictions.

If anything, if the game is kept at a 2-D only,which wouldn't bother me, how about a 3-D replay, with controlable viewpoints.

Imagine placing your view, in front of the oncoming Ling rush, and seeing this mass of galoping death coming around the hill.
Then back up, and pan to the side, and watch as your troops hold off, and kill every last one of them.
Then do a followup from the rear, and watch your own winning counterstrike.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Crookedfoot
How about a comprimise, have an option for 2-D, or 3-D, as well as resolution settings.

That way you can either choose the viewing option you want by personal choice, or by PC restrictions.

If anything, if the game is kept at a 2-D only,which wouldn't bother me, how about a 3-D replay, with controlable viewpoints.

Imagine placing your view, in front of the oncoming Ling rush, and seeing this mass of galoping death coming around the hill.
Then back up, and pan to the side, and watch as your troops hold off, and kill every last one of them.
Then do a followup from the rear, and watch your own winning counterstrike.
Reading that reminded me of how much I'm pissed they didn't add a feature that lets you rewind replays.

Say you're watching some game, and someone whispers you. By the time you whisper back "Go to hell, I'm busy", the moment's gone by and behold! You have to start from the beginning again.

Yeah x8 and x16 speeds help, but again, you can still keep accidently passing whatever part you're looking for. Or if it's an hour long game, it's still a wait that sucks to have to fast forward through again.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
why not do some sort of Comand and Conquer, where u make the army and then control one unit and start shooting? that would rock :p

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Originally posted by coRtALoS
Reading that reminded me of how much I'm pissed they didn't add a feature that lets you rewind replays.

Say you're watching some game, and someone whispers you. By the time you whisper back "Go to hell, I'm busy", the moment's gone by and behold! You have to start from the beginning again.

Yeah x8 and x16 speeds help, but again, you can still keep accidently passing whatever part you're looking for. Or if it's an hour long game, it's still a wait that sucks to have to fast forward through again.
You can't rewind replays, because it's not like a movie, it's just an exact replica of the game saved in a file for later viewing. That's what I heard at least, it still doesn't make sense to me why it's able to be sped up and slowed down but not rewound.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
But the data can be rewinded, I believe. I mean, if u can see in form start to end, u can also see it from end to start, right?

SuperiorNewbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they can make sc2 into 2 modes, one wiht intense 3-d graphic and the other 2d, they can switch like on d2 the resultion 800*600 was added

SuperiorNewbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I trust the talent of blizzard graphic artists to make sc2 into a 3-d game that is not too big and 2-d game that have 3-d looks. Did u know that starcraft's resolution is 400*600? it looks better than red alert 2, which features 1024*800 resolution:D