Rush, to the death or hit and run?

Discussion in 'StarCraft Strategy Guides' started by Sogeking, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Sogeking

Sogeking Shithead

Is it better when rushing to hit and run or stay until all ur units die?

2. Ntrik_

Ntrik_ Premium Member

depends.

I do hit and run for a while, well, around their base anyways until one of units are dying.

And I just keep on sending hunts.

3. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    if u want to go kamikaze, make sure you cripple the opponent as much as you can.

My first instinct is to run, but alot of times, sacraficing a good amount of units to do alot of damage is good. One problem is you will probably make the enemy gain more EXP, and you better have gold to back up production.

4. *Turok

*Turok Member!

Battle.net
    The best thing to do in a map such as 2 rivers... and on Turtle Rock only if the enemy is on your side of the map ... rushing is amazing...... and effective especially if your race is human and your enemies race is nightelf.. if he goes for the cliche strategy of beast and hunts .. you can easily tower rush his "{A$$}" with out any problem ... just send 5 of your lumber peasants calltoarms... and attack his base with your Am and 3 footies ... remember do not upgrade your base .... because if you do and your rush didnt work then your ****ed and if your opponent is teching ... lol he'd get pwn3d to the max cuz he wont be able to take out the rush ... anyways if the rush doesn't work .. just build a few footies.. like 2 more then tech and remeber to creep for the loss of the rush... anyways the rush works also sometimes if the guy is going archers .. with the demon... if he has demon archers its possible.. if demon hunts easily done there... if beast+archers dont even think about Towering him....

5. MyNameIsMonky

MyNameIsMonky BattleForums Junior Member

No place
    i do hit n run even tho i suck

6. QuikSilver

QuikSilver Forum *********

michigan/USA
    Well, the best thing to do...is to let your units do their damage and let them flee one by one back to the base....orcs are the best because the grunts are so easy to micro at the start!....It is very annoying because i play humans and whenever i get rushed i have trouble keeping up with the grunt micro.... :shocked