Running Music

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the music I listen to while I run and was looking for suggestions for music. The music doesn't necessarily have to be all that good, just something one could exercise to. Thanks.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now
Carl Orff - O fortuna
Andre Nickatina - Ayo For Yayo

Jim Morrison

Premium Member
Reaction score
three 6 mafia

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Any 'mixtape' style cd (*not mixtape where htey steal commercial beats, but mixtape where it all just flows into 1 solid CD*) works for me when I'm out biking. I'll just throw some kinda CD like that on my iPod and an hour later I'm 10-15 miles out of my house, toss another cd on and head on home.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far. What I've been looking for is bands and/or albums. I'll start using some of this music tonight.

What makes you run, mr. Tipsy?
There really isn't much of a reason other than I just enjoy it. I ran with someone at school a few times and then started doing it on my own, and have kept it up for like a year now.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hm well my sugguestion is to try to find somthing that motivates you. I like to listen to Rock and some heavy stuff. It motivates me to keep going and not stop. granted it is good to stop and catch your breath but I like to push myself when I run.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
add to my list
smooth criminal - michael jackson
It's tricky - Run DMC

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hm well my sugguestion is to try to find somthing that motivates you. I like to listen to Rock and some heavy stuff. It motivates me to keep going and not stop. granted it is good to stop and catch your breath but I like to push myself when I run.
That sounds like something I'd use; any suggestions (album and/or band)?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I tend to put latin style music whenever I draw. It somehow makes me draw like a maniac.

- Amantis

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I don't run with music. I usually run with two or three other friends (That's kinda the reason i'm doing it anyway). Just started actually, been doing it for about three weeks, and oh my gosh, it feels so good after.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I enjoy pumping up some Static-X to keep going. Wisconsin Death Trip is a pretty good album, and songs like Push It and I'm With Stupid are great for keeping the blood flowing while you're already active.

Some Metallica can be good for that too, like Through the Never and Don't Tread on Me. In general, the Black album is just some of Metallica's best IMO.

When I feel like mixing it up, I go black with stuff like:

Trick Daddy - Let's Go
Yin Yang Twins - Say Ay Yi Yi
Pitbull - Bojangles
Lil Jon and the East Side Boys - Get Low, Salt Shaker

That kinda crap...mostly fast-paced, active music. I also listen to some of the speedier tracks on the Devil May Cry 1 and 3 soundtracks, like Public Enemy, Flock Off!, Psycho Siren, Geryon Battle, Vergil 2 Battle, Doppelganger Battle, etc. If I can find my flippin iPod transfer cord, I'll add The Time Has Come from the DMC4 soundtrack.

But yeah...I have kind of sad taste in music, even if it is diverse. Not all of that will probably suit you, but it's what keeps my blood going during my runs.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
you really needed someone to tell you that "motivational music" is what you should listen to while working out?
maybe the music isn't your problem. here's my suggestion, eat "power food." or "energy meals."
////rolleyes

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
you really needed someone to tell you that "motivational music" is what you should listen to while working out?
maybe the music isn't your problem. here's my suggestion, eat "power food." or "energy meals."
////rolleyes
I use it as a distraction, not a motivational factor. It's just a matter of some songs not being fit for use while running.

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
bands
Metallica
Slipknot
Rage Against Machine
Sublime
Black Sabbath
Pepper

Also iv moved into instrumental music where I just listen to the acoustic guitar.

I dont know your taste of music so if any of those strike a nerve let me know and ill make more sugguestions.

@ jim damn man that pic looks tastey!

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
bands
Metallica
Slipknot
Rage Against Machine
Sublime
Black Sabbath
Pepper
Ya listen to those ****ty bands. But put the headphones behind your ears so the music is coming from behind you. That'll keep anybody running. Kindof like an inverted twinkie-on-a-string trick, but for people who like suffering