Rumor about SC patch v1.12

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
JesusFreak said:
wow are you all too poor to buy a 30$ game?
Not that we're poor or anything or can't afford $30.
It's just that most sc users don't really recommend wc3, sc is pure RTS when wc3 is a mixture of RTS/RPG. because of 3D graphic, the gameplay isn't as much exciting as sc... and the fact that food limit is 90(i think) for wc3.
That's why even tho SC is sooo old, it still attracts many users, and alot of people still play this game.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
JesusFreak said:
wow are you all too poor to buy a 30$ game?
no just the fack that i dont want Wc3

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
prob. some of tat stuff is true

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
www.battle.net

StarCraft Patch 1.12 Coming Soon
Thursday, January 20, 2005
We have been working on a new patch for StarCraft, and it includes a host of new features to streamline and enhance multiplayer competition. You can expect the update to be available for download in the next few weeks, but we wanted to give you a taste of what’s in store for you when the patch does arrive.

* The multiplayer chat screen will now show a preview of the map you will play on.
* The creator of a private Battle.net game can now make the game public under the creator’s name in the multiplayer chat screen.
* A Friends List will be added to the game to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
* Friend mail will be added to the game to let you email members of your Friends List.
* A password-recovery and email-registration function will be added to allow you to recover your password via email.
* A minimap ping will be added to the game to allow you to ping a location on the map.
* It will now be easier to set building rally points.
* We will include updated versions of three of the most popular ladder maps – Lost Temple, Dire Straits, and Rivalry – in order to better suit the newer style of ladder play.
well well well...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
3) The patch will add full Korean language support for Battle.net and in-game chat.
3) The patch will add full Korean language support for Battle.net and in-game chat.
YAY!

1-0 char

*checks pan's post*

damn mother*****, I hate bliz.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
It's funny that how Korean people recive the news first then, Blizzard post on their website.

EDIT: at least I can chat in koreans when I'm in games now.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
A minimap ping will be added to the game to allow you to ping a location on the map.
This is good enough... some partners are just plain stubborn and play like as if they're playing 1:1...

We will include updated versions of three of the most popular ladder maps.
Temple, Dire Straits, and Rivalry in order to better suit the newer style of ladder play.
This looks stupid imo, there're tons of LT-Gamei, WCG ones...etc.
And also Rivalry, Dire Straits are so old that no one barely uses those map anymore.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wow, I thought(or rather, I was hoping) that this a big fluke. Arrrgghh. :susp :confused: :-/ :hbut :( :angry

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I can see this patch is going to be pretty big one comparing to v1.10, and v1.11 since v1.12 has some nice features such as mini-map ping, rally point...etc.

*Off topic but, happy 1000th post Phoenix. :)

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
This patch sounds...

I NEED TO FIND MY STARCRAFT CD KEY!! It's coming back to me. I've been able to hold it off for over a year now... but now they've done it. I need my RTS back.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
Wow, I thought(or rather, I was hoping) that this a big fluke. Arrrgghh. :susp :confused: :-/ :hbut :( :angry
Same here...

* A Friends List will be added to the game to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
Uh? There already is one.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I'm guessing they're making much more advanced friend list w/ more options than the present one.