Rumor about SC patch v1.12

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
*Main New Features with StarCraft Patch 1.12
1) In the multiplayer chat screen, you will now be able to see a preview of the map that will be played. Knowing the layout of the map that they’ll be playing on prior to the start of the game will allow players to better prepare their strategies.
2) The patch will add a feature that allows the creator of a private Battle.net game to make the game public under the creator's name in multiplayer chat screen. This will allow game creators to easily open the game up to other players if not all of the players for the private game show up.
3) The patch will add full Korean language support for Battle.net and in-game chat.
4) Another handy feature that the patch will add is a Friends List and button that allows you to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
5) The patch will also add a Friend Mail feature that allows you to email members of your Friends List.
6) Similar to Warcraft III and Diablo II, the patch will implement password-recovery and email-registration features so that you can recover your password via email.
7) Also implemented with the patch will be a minimap ping, which teammates can use to call attention to or direct each other to different parts of the map.
8) The patch will make it easier for players to set their building, rally points
9) We will be including updated versions of three of the most popular ladder maps: Lost Temple, Dire Straits, and Rivalry. We made changes to these maps in order to better suit the newer style of ladder play.
Found this while I was reading korean newspapers, my guess is that newspapers wouldn't lie and put bunch of craps for no reason. Do you guys think it's true?
I hope they don't ruin SC and make it like WC3, it's been told that Blizzard is gonna change rally points, instead of pressing "R", but by simply right-clicking on the ground, which you can do in WC3. and also selecting multiple buildings as a group.

My opinion is, that they shouldn't even bother changing anything.
Got to admit, they suck at map making... they're just gonna ruin SC if they keep this up, and the balance btw 3 races seems fair enough.

EDIT: went to battle.net, blizzard.com and couldn't find anything about v1.12. :confused: Either its a lie, or Blizzard is just keeping it as a little secret and surprise all. (But it's been told that Blizzard announced their plan to people in Korea)

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fibs to me.
Some of those just don't make sense.
Also, Koreans may be making their own patch for god knows what they are doing.

OR

Maybe they did get some info.

The STARCRAFT Universe is coming back slowly!!!
*SCG, and that One Letter. Vengence. WHOO
lol

Eclipse_Hope

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
sound like alot 2 add in a pacth man......
almost cnages the game i say f thae pacth
me and sc r kool

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
From what i've heard its not really a patch, but a program...
Its just what i've heard. It could be wrong

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It does indeed. I doubt it is true.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I seen this on other sc forums and it has been written off there as well. On the other hand, it would be great if Blizz fixed/improved goon/reaver AI along with this.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
After going into this more, it's definitely fake. This would make a nice April Fools joke or something.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
4) Another handy feature that the patch will add is a Friends List and button that allows you to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
dont we already have this feature?

Biske

Reaction score
Doesn't SC already have a Minimap Ping? Or am I thinkin of WC3?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Prox said:
Doesn't SC already have a Minimap Ping? Or am I thinkin of WC3?
sc does have a ping but i think twhat the "patch" means is like just click on the area of the map and say to ur team mates look here
makes som ums maps easyer i suppose

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if blizz realeases another patch,it will be crappy and probably just fix the CC slide bug,like 1.11 fixed the floating of the drone bug.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Alot of those features (if its not grade A bullshit) were arleady implimented with the released version of Wracraft ROC.

Eclipse_Hope

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
and ppl think W3 is all good(arguable) so they want those features in SCand ur right grade A... Grade A....

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Pan said:
Alot of those features (if its not grade A bullshit) were arleady implimented with the released version of Wracraft ROC.
That's why I say it is fake. It'd be an huge improvement, and, besides, WC3 sucks :)

JesusFreak

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wow are you all too poor to buy a 30$ game?