Rules will now be followed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Its mostly the boards that have an image to maintain. Like the respected boards do. Because you want newbies to come and not look at the first post, and see that retards are flooding the boards with flaming and trolling, with no problems being resolved.

For instance, the link on my sig (MrFixItOnline) enforces that section well. Its because its used to get help with the F Zero X Custom Track Builder, which is a common program amongst us fanatics of the series, that want to play God and create courses. If I wanted help on a specific problem I am having, I want to make sure I am getting the help I need, without some guy coming in saying "LOL YOUR MAP SUCK I ROCK U GO KILL YOURSELF" for the next 5 posts.

L

Laharl

Yes, but it's not too hard to not flame someone. It's not too terribly hard to not troll. It only takes a little common sense, and to read what you're posting.

Perhaps we should obtain an image?

Reaction score
I swear, all anyone ever thinks to do on this site is enforce rules and ban people. The members sticking around arn't goning to put up with your guys bull**** if you start handing out mass bans (which it seems like is going to happen, as I've already tacked up 9 points, one of which for saying "No you **** put it back in CC".

Enforce your rules and become a 5 man forum, or deal with it and try and find a way for new members to join and leave us to do our own thing

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Giving warnings don't really work as much when the offenders are repeat offenders. It works if it's somebody new or has a more responsive personality, but trust me, banning the same people over and over again really takes up a lot of energy.

And remember that you're mainly dealing with teenage rage filled boys. They tend to try and bend things more often when compared to say...those people at the anime forums.

- Amantis

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Enforce your rules and become a 5 man forum, or deal with it and try and find a way for new members to join and leave us to do our own thing
You do realize that people MAY not join if they see posts like the ones half the members are posting here nowadays?

Laharl doesn't card anymore. And Vadriel doesnt mod anymore. So basically its just me now. And I am not as strict as the others are.

Amantis said:
Giving warnings don't really work as much when the offenders are repeat offenders. It works if it's somebody new or has a more responsive personality, but trust me, banning the same people over and over again really takes up a lot of energy.
Cheeze was a prime example of this.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
i got this bad cough thats just been doing my head in all day man..

*COUGH COUGH.. cough CONTENT cough..*

ah excuse me.. *CCCCCONTENT cough*..

urgh ****.. anyone got any content? sorry i mean cough medicine, anyone got any? i cant seem to find any here..

Reaction score

And remember that you're mainly dealing with teenage rage filled boys. They tend to try and bend things more often when compared to say...those people at the anime forums.

- Amantis
Please tell me you're kidding. Any anime board I've ever seen is just "LOL GOKU COULD KILL ALL THESE GUYS" then something like "NARUTO DOES THIS WTF!?" and "WHOS HOTTER NARUTO SASUKE RENJI OR ICHIGO?" and of course all the slash fics and the "best would be couples of this series".

Big huge anime fans that post on anime boards are the second lowest tier of our side of "internet users" out there. Lowest goes to /b/tards.

Swear to god, if I see one more anime thread about this character being able to beat this character, or people saying that NGE and Akira are the best things anime has ever done, even though they both clearly suck.

/facepalm

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Akira was good for its time. But thats the problem with otaku... half of them are idiots.

They see an anime, they see a person that its hot to them. They fap about it for about 10 minutes, then start writing fan fics about other retarded characters which just end up them fapping more or has no relative plot.

How do you think Inuyasha was destroyed in a night?

L

Laharl

Actually... Maybe if we enforce the rules, and get rid of the people who repeatedly break rules and rack up over 8 or 9 infraction points...

People will be more inclined to join, or even stay?

Reaction score
Actually... Maybe if we enforce the rules, and get rid of the people who repeatedly break rules and rack up over 8 or 9 infraction points...

People will be more inclined to join, or even stay?
I'll refer you to the "Max Regime" where the 'trouble makers' were all banned, and all it did was make the forums desolate, as well as 0 new members staying aboard.

L

Laharl

Max, as you will notice, did nothing to attract new members. Nothing at all.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
A forum with nazi mods doesn't help. Period.

Enforcing rules is important, but there are different ways to enforce them, and over-enforcing them does nothing but hurts the forum. Simply saying "Omg you broke a rule!" *ban* is both stupid and un-affective.

If MAYBE we focused on new things rather than "protocol" so much, people would start to enjoy BF again, and then MAYBE instead of acting like douche bags, they'd have something more interesting to do/talk about.

Banning everyone you dislike isn't the answer. If that were the case, we'd be an empty forum.

L

Laharl

It wasn't a matter of banning everyone I dislike. It was a matter of bringing flaming/trolling out of chit chat and back into the asylum. Obviously, I still support the utter removal OF the asylum because the flaming/trolling tends to overflow into other section where it is not allowed.

Now I've got things to do.

Reaction score
Max, as you will notice, did nothing to attract new members. Nothing at all.
And Donny has?

He put this site on his Resume, gave it a new skin, moved it's server and disappeared. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.