Rules will now be followed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airgoh

Member!
Reaction score
Chris.. In all seriousness.. i'm not saying this just to say it..

BFH was honestly one of the worst mods in the history of bf. Take it from me if anyone.. i DID manage diablo 2 when bfh was added to the team..

Trust me on this.. I'm not trying to "push anyones buttons" or anything.. this is just me trying to help bf.

I've tried.. im sure you're aware of it.. I wasn't always a ****ty member. Just look at the portal news and ****.. Plus i kept the diablo 2 sections alive.. once i left it all went downhill.. i did barely manage to keep it alive though after CM.. I'm not claiming to of done an amazing job with the sections.. But they where A LOT better with me managing them then they are now.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I understand Jimbo, these are the posts I would like to see from you. You have done quite a bit before you gave your password away and forced BF to shut down. The only reason you act like this now is because you dont really care much about the forums as much as you used to. However, LordNevar now manages Diablo II and he needs to be more active with what he does, Cheeze has brought this up with me about 4 times now.

As for BFH, I have talked about this with Jenny. BFH's ultimate reason he is one of the worst mods in history in my opinion, is his concept of seriousness.

Lets leave modding aside and look at how he displays the problems: He will start by mentioning it, then he will overreact about it when it isn't necessary. Then do a 40 line *****fest about it when the person is trying to tell him to calm down. This is EXACTLY what happened when Eric and Roach were running and Laharl was just a mod. Laharl basically had a LOT of problems with staff, and he didn't communicate properly with them about it, he also got extremely pissed off at those who didn't listen to him to didn't agree with him. That is eventually what led him to getting kicked off the team and off BF to create TTT as an act of revenge. If anyone in staff at the time either agrees or disagrees with this, speak now. I could probably prove that this is the root of the problem.

But the thing is, he just doesnt like ignorance A LOT. If someone manages to withstand his *****ing and see past that, he isn't THAT bad of a person. I managed to do it because I tend to see some good in any person, regardless how ****ty they are, and it is possible for anyone to do. However, I know nobody is going to like him again, after what he has done. The same concept applies to Vadriel. But because I basically gave them "powers" and its common knowledge by now that they are both my friends, everyone has the concept that I only make decisions based on people I like or dislike, rather not the member base. The only thing friendship does is add a minor enforcement for trust. If you can trust me, and you prove I can trust you, then there isnt a problem.

I am going to try to get BFH more motivated into content again, he seems to have some advantage there. If I put him here and it works, whats the worst he can do? As long as its within reason and he manages the board he was given. I will also try to limit the warnings/infractions he does globally to avoid nazism.

However, I need to stop making decisions that look like so. I did with Vadriel, and I just did it with BFH without telling you guys. And they need to realize that not all people here are ignorant dumbasses per say. They need to cut on thier severity and BFH should be more aimed towards promoting his D/D section. In the meantime, I think BFH should concentrate getting his R/D boys get into the game, or you guys can support that. The moment he gets his section fired up, he isn't a threat to anyone and he would basically just be watching out for his own section. Besides, Donny told him this last night.

And I need to realize I AM NOT running this show, Donny is. I was added to help post content and solve a problem with BF: Interesting things. Apparently, I got worked up in the drama and eventually lead this forum into argument after argument, which was pointless. So far, I haven't been doing that when I used to as Global Mod. I am not resigning or anything, I just am pointing this out as an apology you could say. And also admitting to a mistake, which is what a person should do when they do something wrong. However, I am still not making posts or ideas based off people I like or dislike.

Vadriel is just simply: Cease the actions or get sacked. It isn't really mature to flame the memberbase for months and bypass the swear filter just to get the attention of the ultimate problems on
battleforums.com. But it was my fault for not necessarily looking over what you guys were complaining about.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure BFH is a "good person". He could be evil though, although I some-how doubt it. Lawl.

..but it isn't about him being a "good person". It's about him being a good MOD. He wasn't a good mod..at all. He had the motivation, but failed to deal with anything in a mature or reasonable manner. He didn't care about the members, and when anyone crossed him hell broke loose. He's also entirely arrogant, and probably thinks that he's the best mod in the history of bf. I've never once heard him admit his mistakes, instead, it's always someone elses fault. That shows right there a problem. If he denies any mistakes, he's likely to simply make them over and over again.

Regardless, he's already a mod..so what's done is done. But I'd hope that the next time you promote someone, you do so using logic, rather than "well, he's a good person".

Logic WOULD say that modding someone who's caused constant trouble isn't probably the smartest idea.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Me and Donny have handled that situation now. We are cutting on his abilities now. We will let him just run his D/D section and create content in the other forums. I just went too far into letting him do what he was supposed to do and I didnt have the power to allow that to happen, Donny does. Although he is a bad enforcer to some degree, he generates content which can be benefical.

And yes, I should have added he has somewhat of an over inflated ego. Which I do admit is one inquality that can't be afforded. However, as I said 5 times, he knows he needs to be careful with what he does, cause we can easily decide to revoke his permissions should the time require.

I was created to fill out reason 1 of your 2 things BF needs: To generate content. I just help out with Donny's design of 2: which was control of the populace.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
see chris i was right and now u have admitted ur wrong doing now r u going to keep hating on me

L

Laharl

I was easily one of the few mods we ever had that wasn't a joke.

Most forums that, you know, people take seriously have all staff that deal with rule breaking as opposed to letting flaming/trolling/etc run rampant.

You know, Jimbo. That hurts - being called a bad mod by someone who doesn't know the sheer basics of password security. passwords are confidential!

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
well apprantly ur leaving bf i guess it was just 2 much for u to handle

Sources
Chris

ChrisH36

Reaction score
His R/D team weren't pleased with the forum's apperance. Without that team, he can't do his section. And his section was probably the only reason he wanted to stay with us.

Laharl said:
Most forums that, you know, people take seriously have all staff that deal with rule breaking as opposed to letting flaming/trolling/etc run rampant.

You know, Jimbo. That hurts - being called a bad mod by someone who doesn't know the sheer basics of password security. passwords are confidential!
True. But I didn't get the authority from Donny to allow you to do that. And that I do admit was my fault.

I have to deal with infractions as I see fit now. I am not as serious, but I can be if its either reported. Or its an obvious problem.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Laharl is not a mod - he is the administrator of his D&D forum. I was not the one who gave him infraction powers, but since he has it, I will not be taking it away.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
He is having a small snag starting that Kinkarso: As I stated in the PM about Roach: His Research and DEvelopment team that was supposed to help him refused to join for reasons I would not like to mention.

I resolved the whole mess. Seeing as I didnt' have authority to do so, I just decided to remove his powers of carding. I told him to help out in other sections with posts/content and reporting the posts like a normal member does. It's better this way I feel, to make immense for being a dick.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Like I said in the staff forum, enforcing strict rules to the community will only harm us (intimidated members & scared visitors), so it is in our best interest to avoid that. Us staff are just here to make sure you are reminded now and then the type of behavior you should have on the forums, in a friendly and respectable way (at least that's what we're trying to do).

If you have a complaint as to how you are wrongly treated by a staff member from this point on, please confer with the staff member directly, and simply forward me a copy of your PM as well if you'd like.

Thank You,
Donny

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, strict rules don't work..they just make people hate the forum. At the same time, you can't let everything slide. There is a medium, you just have to find it.

..not that I think things are going bad atm.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I like how if people flame in a thread the thread just simply gets deleted.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, I usually infract and move the posts to the locker. But people dont have access to view posts in the locker, so they look like they are deleted. But I am not usually THAT hard on the rules, it was just the way that BFH operated that made it look like everyone was way too strict.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, Donny deleted my picture thread cause there were like 3 flames in it. Well at first he moved it to The Asylum which I wasn't too amused about.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Eric, you asked to have it deleted, which is why it was.

I don't wish to turn this into an arguing war, so reply via PM if you need to.

Thank You,
Donny

No, Donny deleted my picture thread cause there were like 3 flames in it. Well at first he moved it to The Asylum which I wasn't too amused about.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ah, the one with your updated pic? Yeah, that wasn't turning out too good.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It was something else Cheeze...

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
sorry i thought i was in the void all i can say what the hell

Status
Not open for further replies.