Rules will now be followed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Wing would either soft delete the post or split it.
i would hand out infractions(rarely). but i don't see the option anywhere.

L

Laharl

The red and yellow card under their user name (way down), beside the contact information is the warning/infraction button for that particular post.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
He clearly stated he was doing it out of protest and he will cease those actions.
Riiiiiiiight. That's the biggest joke I've ever heard on this forum. That's like saying someone lit a house on fire to test the fire department or robbed a bank to test the police.. If "I was doing it for the good of the forum" is an adequate excuse then I'm pretty sure theres alot of members here, including myself, that are expecting apologies for being punished for doing exactly what Jafar did, long before he did.

I merged the Asylum, but I only did it to test the admins haste at finding a solution to the problem. I did it for the good of the forum, but I won't and haven't done it again. I expect to be remodded tyvm.

See how stupid that sounds? You don't reward someone for breaking the rules that you enforce on others, but not the person you reward. Jimbo trolls, he gets punished. Jafar trolls and he gets made staff. This is exactly like Eric was with Lizardbreath.

Reaction score
Can't forget having BFH go "HEY LETS PUT A DND FORUM UP!", or whoever thought it would be a good idea, then to go "HEY I KNOW, LETS PUT BFH IN CHARGE OF IT!"...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

<3 this forums direction.

Now go chris, make my comic and music sections and make me staff of them. This isn't a request, it's a demand.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Riiiiiiiight. That's the biggest joke I've ever heard on this forum. That's like saying someone lit a house on fire to test the fire department or robbed a bank to test the police.. If "I was doing it for the good of the forum" is an adequate excuse then I'm pretty sure theres alot of members here, including myself, that are expecting apologies for being punished for doing exactly what Jafar did, long before he did.

I merged the Asylum, but I only did it to test the admins haste at finding a solution to the problem. I did it for the good of the forum, but I won't and haven't done it again. I expect to be remodded tyvm.

See how stupid that sounds? You don't reward someone for breaking the rules that you enforce on others, but not the person you reward. Jimbo trolls, he gets punished. Jafar trolls and he gets made staff. This is exactly like Eric was with Lizardbreath.
Before I begin, I speaking on two sides of the argument. For and against Vadriel's actions.

Yeah you do have a point. Why should I be rewarding someone with enforcement when said person has commited the crimes himself that he was supposed to protect the forums from and all?

And I assure you that I am not part of that problem with enforcing rules. I know I cannot flame you guys unless I am in the Asylum or Void. And that's where any of us go to let out or rage. But the thing was, the thread that started it all smelt like it belonged in the Asylum in the first place. But it was still Chit Chat thread nonetheless.

However, he was made staff LONG before I had admin permissions. And I do admit he shouldnt have resorted to the lowest of low to get my attention to allow him to enforce rules, but sometimes it is necessary. But I believe he will cease his actions, I trust him. Cause I have said about my policy on corrupt staff (if that is possible), that they know I can easily revoke thier permissions and/or kick them off and they know I can easily do it, regardless of how well I know the person. But if he does continue and you guys didnt troll/flame him into doing so (The BF Guerilla thread was an example of this), let me know and I will have a serious chat with him. Until then, I am afraid you guys will have to deal with him.

What I should have done was probably not globally annonce that in that thread AFTER he started flaming. Or I should have told him to stop, then mentioned it.

JesusDies said:
Now go chris, make my comic and music sections and make me staff of them. This isn't a request, it's a demand.
I like the idea of having a comic (where did you mention this idea, I wasn't on the forums for about 7 hours yesterday night) and music thread, because you so into both those things, and so is about half of Battleforums. But I am not tech admin, so I may not have permissions to create new sections. All I could do is create a new usergroup for you to manage those two if they were created.

I would have to pitch the idea to Donny and "demand" him to do it (which I am gonna try when he coems back). Or you can try it yourself, provided you show interest in it (that shouldnt be a problem) and in a way he will want to do it.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You have a tendency to complicate the simplest things, mr. Chris.
We all make mistakes but not all of us admit them. And when we don't admit our mistakes, we repeat them. A good staff member is a person with the ability to admit his mistakes, preferably with humor. Someone who tries to justify his mistakes by bullying or banning or warning or abusing power is not a good staff member. How complicated is that?

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Just to clear a couple of things up, my job is to make BF a great place to be. I will add new, interesting features to the site, and I will drive traffic to the site. It's what I do the best.

Now, the only way to make sure that all this doesn't go to waste is if everyone cooperates. As long as there's one prick who tries to show off how much he/she doesn't care, it'd be difficult to succeed. That's why I asked the staff to start issuing infractions and warnings to help you, the members of BF, start creating the new atmosphere for the new members that will start to arrive.

I'm not giving up on BF no matter what. I need your help if we want to get anywhere with this.

Thank you,
Donny

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
The red and yellow card under their user name (way down), beside the contact information is the warning/infraction button for that particular post.
it was turned off for me soem reason

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It was disabled for all global mods for some reason. I re-enabled it after you told me you couldnt see it.

Donny said:
. That's why I asked the staff to start issuing infractions and warnings to help you, the members of BF, start creating the new atmosphere for the new members that will start to arrive.
You also need to realize that some people will not cooperate, regardless if they have been banned 60 times in the process.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. Changing the "atmosphere" was one of my biggest focuses as an admin (atleast in the last year)..and I don't think I had much success in that aspect. I agree it needs to change..but heavily enforcing infractions/bans won't do it.

We tried infractions, bans, etc. Regardless, it only increased the problem.

I guess my only suggestion is to not go crazy on the rules. Don't complicate things. Just try to make BF a more fun, better place (in more important ways), and perhaps the atmosphere will change with it. I guess the only thing I'd really clamp down on is hostility towards newbies (if we ever get any). We need all the new members we can get...so scaring them off is NOT good.

But yeah..rules, yay..they're great, but don't go crazy with them. They only do so much. And don't think that people will change simply because you hit the infract button. They wont.

I gotta say though.."rule breaking" doesn't seen like a huge problem to me these days. I guess there's no cause to really fight. Eric is gone..so people really have nothing to go against (except maybe bfh now..but..yeah..).

L

Laharl

The infraction system only works if people genuinely want to be here, and you have the grit to enforce bans no matter how messy and annoying it may get.

IE: repeatedly rebanning an already banned member's secondary accounts until they take a hint.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I still remember calling "chickens" the softcore D2 players and getting my first (and only) infraction, which was from you, mr. Laharl. I hope you took the hint, since then;)

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i called some1 an idiot in d2 section and got banned 4 a month thx x42bn

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Worked the first 2 times M I RITE?
QFT.

Maybe so, but its been done on almost all the boards and needs to be enforced. Even if half the base needs to get banned in doing so.

Also, its not really our fault people get banned. Its mostly thier own actions, and tehy need to vent out the rage on another person.
no offense chris, but your bark is worse than your bite

Um no. That doesn't work.

Do you think people really fear infractions and bans, and think "oh no..I better be good, I'll get a warning!1

It doesn't discourage anything.
agreed, only not just warnings, but with -any- punishment this site can give, its been (literally) a joke for the past 2-3 years

Rules, here we go again...
QFT

Just to clear a couple of things up, my job is to make BF a great place to be. I will add new, interesting features to the site, and I will drive traffic to the site. It's what I do the best.

Now, the only way to make sure that all this doesn't go to waste is if everyone cooperates. As long as there's one prick who tries to show off how much he/she doesn't care, it'd be difficult to succeed. That's why I asked the staff to start issuing infractions and warnings to help you, the members of BF, start creating the new atmosphere for the new members that will start to arrive.

I'm not giving up on BF no matter what. I need your help if we want to get anywhere with this.

Thank you,
Donny
donny, im all for your work and your probably one of my favorite owners as of late (lol...cant believe i can say that) but you seem to underestimate the...aggressiveness of this community, theres a 100% gaurenteed impossibility of the members of this site to cooperate.

The infraction system only works if people genuinely want to be here, and you have the grit to enforce bans no matter how messy and annoying it may get.

IE: repeatedly rebanning an already banned member's secondary accounts until they take a hint.
quoted for seriousness.

Really, BF would be fine if we could all just get along. I know ive had personal vendettas with certain people (person) as far as banning goes, but honostly, the only reason i have disputes with anyone on this forum is due to the quality of posts. being a constant ******* to everyone, or a constant idiot, they both end the same, pissing people off, making fun of one another, and constantly making the forum stop from growing. The only answer i personally see that can fix the situation, is either A. all users agree to get along (not going to happen.) or B. you weed out the ones that will never be satisfied. (im not going to name names, youd be surprised over who would be on this list though, not who youd probably expect if you know me)

for instance: the contest that kink held had the chance to grow this community again (and even with just the little support it got, it DID grow) but instead of everyone having fun and joining in, they all moaned and cried at the 3-4 of us that actually participated. i would have never guessed the forums would have reacted in such a manner, but it did, and it really opened my eyes (even moreso) as to what this community has become.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
This is how I see it:

- Most of the members here at BF want a better community. I'm sure you all will agree.
- However, for the select few who do not care, they are here to harass everyone else, therefore promoting a negative atmosphere.
- Currently, there's nothing being done to these people - there are no rules that are correctly enforced.

And here's the only solution that I see:

- Everyone who cares about BattleForums.com will work together towards the goal of a better community.
- Those who do not care for the overall development of a better community abuse their rights as a forum member, violating the more-than-fair rules that have been set.
- The job of the BF staff is simply to make sure that these members do not effect the ones who do want a better future for BF, and issue warnings, infractions, bans to regulate their behavior.

Hope that makes sense. That's how I see things.

Thank you,
Donny

Airgoh

Member!
Reaction score
Banning people never solves problems, you will realize it when we're all gone anyway.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Banning people never solves problems, you will realize it when we're all gone anyway.
No one said anything about banning people. There are rules. We are just going to start enforcing them by giving away warnings and infractions.

:edit:

- The job of the BF staff is simply to make sure that these members do not effect the ones who do want a better future for BF, and issue warnings, infractions, bans to regulate their behavior.
Bahh oops, my bad. Obviously, we won't be banning people right away for violating certain rules, but yes, there will be consequences in the form of warnings, infractions, and eventually bans (both temporary and permanent).

Airgoh

Member!
Reaction score
Whatever floats your boat.

Past admins have tried the same ****, if you want to actually do some good.. try something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.