Rules will now be followed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
First off, I'm sorry for my absence. I'm still working with the programmers on the portal site that will hopefully get BF back on track. Anyways, I'd just like to make clear that the BF staff and I will start issuing warnings and/or infractions for off-topic, or rule-breaking posts. This includes flaming outside of the Asylum.

Just a heads up :).

Thank you,
Donny

Airgoh

Member!
Reaction score
edit::grow up

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Good job Jimbo. He was being serious.

If you guys have disputes with other members, then save them for the Asylum where they should belong.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Although I applaud this, going from enforcing nothing to enforcing everything is a bad rough transition. members aren't going to like the change. these things never transfer well.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Infractions and warnings don't make staff members and admins better, mr. Kinkarso;)

L

Laharl

They may not, but hopefuly they will discourage the member base from flaming/trolling and thus make them better overall.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Infractions and warnings don't make staff members and admins better, mr. Kinkarso;)
Maybe so, but its been done on almost all the boards and needs to be enforced. Even if half the base needs to get banned in doing so.

Also, its not really our fault people get banned. Its mostly thier own actions, and tehy need to vent out the rage on another person.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Everyone faults from time to time, mr. Chris. Admins included. But when the rules are not followed, it's obvious that someone is not doing his job right. Banning *half the base* for not doing the staff's job doesn't look like an effort to avoid *faulting*. More like anger venting, I would say;)

Reaction score
Good job Jimbo. He was being serious.

If you guys have disputes with other members, then save them for the Asylum where they should belong.
Heres a thought; get your staff members to follow the rules before you start enforcing it on everyone else.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And did you not read the post Vadriel made AFTER I said I gave him permissions to do so?

He clearly stated he was doing it out of protest and he will cease those actions. He knows I can remove his mod permissions if he doesnt do things the right way.

Airgoh

Member!
Reaction score
If you're going to warn me, don't edit my post please.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I wasn't the one who did it. I mostly just split them to the Locker.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
They may not, but hopefuly they will discourage the member base from flaming/trolling and thus make them better overall.
Um no. That doesn't work.

Do you think people really fear infractions and bans, and think "oh no..I better be good, I'll get a warning!1

It doesn't discourage anything.

Airgoh

Member!
Reaction score
it worked for me man ill never flame again the fear of loosing battleforums from my life is too much!

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
ok im not saying this but hypotheticly ok just hypotheticly if i called airgoh a retarded incest emo in chit chat i would be banned correct?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out.

..but it is JUST Jimbo.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
ok im not saying this but hypotheticly ok just hypotheticly if i called airgoh a retarded incest emo in chit chat i would be banned correct?
You would either

Wing would either soft delete the post or split it.

I would either split it, delete it, or go as far as warning/infractions

Root warns early troublemakers or infracts big time ones.

Donny infracts but is a tech admin.

Jkar infracts.

But you need to assume that any member will do the worst case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.