Rom Discussion Thread

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
The game that burns the most in problems to me is Ogre Battle 64. Its good an all, but sometimes the backgrounds screw up, there was a codec for the video that fixed this problem.
i have that game for my N64. it is still probably one of the best rpgs i've played to date. i wonder how much the original game with box and instruction booklet is worth now.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Probably 20 Dollars.

Hitsua said:
P2P programs suck, I hope you know that.
Yesh I know that!

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Most N64 games aren't worth that much. Mario 64 is semi rare and at most it is around 15.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Starcraft, on the other hand, you'll be hardpressed to find anywhere, in any condition, for no less then $40...cept eBay, and I haven't checked there in a while.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hitsua said:
Most N64 games aren't worth that much. Mario 64 is semi rare and at most it is around 15.
Meh, that game was too easy. I also have the Super Mario 64 Shindou rom. I like F-Zero X the most. But ROM-wise, you need a special codec or settings that can prevent the bacckground from flashing black and the car colouring from screwing up.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Really? Because I saw that game for going for less than 5 on eBay.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
pan said:
I downloaded N64 games in bulk, so I basicly have like 400 games or something for N64 on my compter. if u need something *cough

Well, I have a gamepad, and it works 20x better than using a straight keyboard. Seriously, if you play Roms for any set period of time, it is an invaluable asset to get a controller for the computer. Also, hellwolf, N64 didn't have s Cstick, just 4 c buttons.
yeah no doubt i bought my first controller to play roms after about a year of playin with the keyboard. it was worth every penny trust me.

Biske

Reaction score
...cept eBay, and I haven't checked there in a while.
Try reading my posts.

You don't have to get a specific controller. There are other ways. Get yourself an average USB PC controller, and you'll be fine. Or, go to Lik-Sang.com and buy a proper converter for the controller of your choice.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I did read your posts, and if you can get them for less than 40 than the 40 is overpriced and can't be considered a real price.

Biske

Reaction score
Riiight.....and your point? I never said that that was the SRP or nothing, but everytime I see it at EB, or Babbages, or a reseller anywhere, they always jack that game up the most.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Ah. Sorry. Yeah, EB is way overpriced. It was like 20 for Zelda when I went there, and a lot less on eBay. I learned to never buy from them.

Biske

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to get some old party 64 games, like Mario Kart and Goldeneye a while back; one copy of Mario Kart, and it had been heavily used was $15. Screw that.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Then get a Paypal and wait for the activation codes, good luck kid!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess it happened to my friend only. He said something about his activation and Paypal account not letting him buy things off Ebay, but that's what you get when your friend explains things too vaguely.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, I guess that probably was the problem.